Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Shell script for dealing with XLS file with multiple tabs/worksheets Post 302897962 by sea on Thursday 17th of April 2014 10:05:28 AM
Old 04-17-2014
Can you show some example data how the xls is looking alike?
You probably dont have to rename the files in a second appraoch if you save them as the 'tab/register' name in the first place.

Cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying the csv file into different worksheets of xls file

Hi, I have a script which will generate three csv files. i want to copy the contents of these csv files into a .XLS file but in different worksheets. Can a this be done in the same script? :confused: Can Perl come to my help in coping the csv files into different worksheets of .XLS file ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimish
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating multiple worksheets in CSV file

Hello, I've been tasked with sending 3 types of data (file size, row count, and file name) to a csv file every month for various vendors. I have been asked to put this in one csv or xls file with each vendor being a different tab (or worksheet). Until now, we have been finding and emailing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster757
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dealing with spaces in file names in a shell script

Hi, What's the best way to find all files under a directory - including ones with space - in order to apply a command to each of them. For instance I want get a list of files under a directory and generate a checksum for each file. Here's the csh script: #!/bin/csh set files = `find $1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: same1290
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing worksheets from xls using unix.

HI All, I have a .xls file , in which I have multiple worksheets , I need to remove all the worksheets except the worksheet by name CDR_LOAD_STATS, how can I do this in unix. Please guide me. Regards, Deepti (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of below Tabs Tex file into CSV format file : shell script needed

Request if some one could provide me shell script that converts the below "input file" to "CSV format file" given Name Domain Contact Phone Email Location ----------------------- ------------------------------------------------ ------- ----- ---------------------------------... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting huge xls(having multiple tabs) to csv

hello I have browsed for the similar requirement i found this https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/40163-xls-csv-conversion.html but my problem is i have multiple tabs in xls file having same metadata I want to convert it into single csv file any ways to do it pls... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshiamit
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download .xls file from mail and copy to another path using shell script

Hi I have a mail attachment coming from a mail id and evreytime with the same name in .xls format.I have to download the .xls file into a location and convert it itno .csv format and copy the .csv file to another location. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bikky6
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Dealing with XLS file with multiple tabs

Hey Guys , Recently working on a requirement , i had to deal with XLS file with multiple tabs and the requirement was as below : 1. Convert one XLS file with multiple tabs to multiple CSV files. -- As i was working on MAC , so it was quite easy through APPLESCRIPT to deal with this.But... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshu sood
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Multiple XLS into Different tabs in xls/ xlsx

HI, I have multiple files per dept in folder for eg : In a folder File1_Dept100.xls File2_Dept100.xls File3_Dept100.xls File1_Dept200.xls File2_Dept200.xls File3_Dept200.xls Output should be : Dept100.xls which has File1, File2, File3 in different tabs Dept200.xls which has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkyzrocks
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to encrypt the xls file using executable jar in Linux SUSE 11.4

Dear Experts, I am an ERP consultant and would like to learn shell script. We are working on Linux SUSE 11.4 and I am very new to shell scripting. We can manually encrypt an excel file using "executable jar" through command prompt by placing the jar file & the file to be encrypted on a physical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nithin226
1 Replies
XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)										 XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)

NAME
XmTabListInsertTabs -- A convenience function that inserts tabs into a tab list SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> XmTabList XmTabListInsertTabs( XmTabList oldlist, XmTab *tabs, Cardinal tab_count, int position); DESCRIPTION
XmTabListInsertTabs creates a new tab list that includes the tabs in oldlist. This function copies specified tabs to the tab list at the given position. The first tab_count tabs of the tabs array are added to the tab list. If oldlist is NULL, XmTabListInsertTabs creates a new tab list containing only the tabs specified. oldlist Specifies the tab list to add the tabs to. The function deallocates oldlist after extracting the required information. tabs Specifies a pointer to the tabs to be added to the tab list. It is the caller's responsibility to free the tabs in tabs by using XmTabFree. tab_count Specifies the number of tabs in tabs. position Specifies the position of the first new tab in the tab list. A value of 0 (zero) makes the first new tab the first tab in the tab list, a value of 1 makes it the second tab, and so on. If position is greater than the number of tabs in oldlist, then the tabs will be inserted at the end. If position is negative, the count will be backwards from the end. A value of -1 makes the first new tab the last tab, and so on. RETURN
If tabs is NULL or tab_count is 0 (zero), this function returns oldlist. Otherwise, it returns a new tab list. The function allocates space to hold the returned tab list. The application is responsible for managing the allocated space. The application can recover the allocated space by calling XmTabListFree. RELATED
XmTabList(3) and XmTabListFree(3). XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)