Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers AIX how to read the file in function again and again Post 302897800 by aboy212u on Wednesday 16th of April 2014 06:21:34 AM
Old 04-16-2014
Dear wisecracker

Thank you for the reply. sleep 10 was just display something on the screen.
can you please help me by providing the code so that can call the function from outside unless my search gets the the wrd it wants.

Regards,

Ravi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read function

Hello all In UNIX i wrote a program which simply establishes a conncetion with another system, using write system call i wrote a message to the server from client and from the server i send another message, for the second time i send a mesage using write system call to the server, when i send a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
1 Replies

2. Programming

read a file wich fscanf() in a function

I use fopen, fscanf, fclose to read a file. It can work well. since many files should be read, a function is created with the same code. But in the function, fscanf can not work well. for example, the first line of the the file is: > filename but the fscanf will give: 207/23/eee/34 it appears... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
2 Replies

3. Programming

Cannot read a file with read(fd, buffer, buffersize) function

# include <stdio.h> # include <fcntl.h> # include <stdlib.h> # include <sys/stat.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int fRead, fPadded, padVal; int btRead; int BUFFSIZE = 512; char buff; if (argc != 4) { printf ("Please provide all of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naranja18she
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX file read for file name script

Hi al, Im trying to write something to read a date file and append each date to my file output name. Datefile: 20091001 20091015 Final output file I would like is: DATA_20091001_20091015.xls The script Im trying, but not working, is n=`wc -l < dates_yymmdd.txt` i=1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How UNIX/AIX handles a file deep down, say it's being read while another one tries to rename it?

Hi Thinkers, On AIX 5.3, we have a monitor program that reads the log file and searching for a certain string pattern that we define(say "transactionException"), if it sees it then it will raise an alert by sending an email. Because the log file XXX.log is rolling into XXX.log.0, XXX.log.1,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGunMan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Table,View,Package,Function and Procedure Name in a File

Hi I am new to Unix shell scripting. But i need help to slove the below issue. Issue description: I want to read table, view names and package names in a file my plan to find the table name is : search "From" key word find the table or view To find the packge name : Search "Package... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboss
5 Replies

7. AIX

Not able to read redo log file on AIX box

I have a oracle 10 G database installed on AIX6.1) server. The database user creates online redo log files with permissions 640 i.e. read access to group oinstall I am not able to read the files with another user part of the group oinstall. even tried to copy the files to another location,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
5 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

C++ Attempting to modify this function to read from a (;) semi-colon-separated file

After some thought. I am uncomfortable issuing my professors name where, there may be unintended side effects from any negative responses/feedback. Willing to re post if I can omit school / professor publicly, but can message moderator for validation? I am here for knowledge and understanding,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash] Read History function & Read Arrowkeys

Hi. How can I create a history function? (By "read" command or so) & How can I configure a read command so that the arrow keys are not displayed so funny? (^[[A) Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinnlosername
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file input in while loop does not work on AIX system

I'm working on Aix 6.1 and using ksh shell. The below works fine on Linux bash or ksh shell . while IFS= read -r dirpath ; do echo "Hi" done <<<"$var" However, any such while loop that reads the input from file or variable using <<< fails on Aix system with the below error: Below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
show_mouse(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					       show_mouse(3alleg4)

NAME
show_mouse - Tells Allegro to display a mouse pointer on the screen. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> void show_mouse(BITMAP *bmp); DESCRIPTION
Tells Allegro to display a mouse pointer on the screen. This will only work if the timer module has been installed. The mouse pointer will be drawn onto the specified bitmap, which should normally be `screen' (see later for information about bitmaps). To hide the mouse pointer, call show_mouse(NULL). Warning: if you draw anything onto the screen while the pointer is visible, a mouse movement interrupt could occur in the middle of your drawing operation. If this happens the mouse buffering and graphics drawing code will get confused and will leave 'mouse droppings' all over the screen. To prevent this, you must make sure you turn off the mouse pointer whenever you draw onto the screen. This is not needed if you are using a hardware cursor. Note: you must not be showing a mouse pointer on a bitmap at the time that the bitmap is destroyed with destroy_bitmap(), e.g. call show_mouse(NULL); before destroying the bitmap. This does not apply to `screen' since you never destroy `screen' with destroy_bitmap(). SEE ALSO
install_mouse(3alleg4), install_timer(3alleg4), set_mouse_sprite(3alleg4), scare_mouse(3alleg4), freeze_mouse_flag(3alleg4), show_os_cur- sor(3alleg4), exmouse(3alleg4), expal(3alleg4), exshade(3alleg4), exspline(3alleg4), exsyscur(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 show_mouse(3alleg4)