Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Very long script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Very long script Post 302897790 by balajesuri on Wednesday 16th of April 2014 04:07:51 AM
Old 04-16-2014
Try nohup

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

A very long script.

Hello, I wrote a script, which would ideally take about 480 hours to runs (It has to do a same thing 60 times.) But the problem is I have to use a VPN Client to get to the network before connecting to the machine. The Client automatically closes after 10 hours, closing my console and thus my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakya_trips
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way to tell how long does a shell script's execution take?

Is there a way to tell how long does a shell script(or a shell command)'s execution take? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How would you return how long a script runs for?

When running a ksh script, how would you time how long it took the script ran for? Is there a command that can capture this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

word too long error in script but not elsewhere...

Hi, I have written a tcsh script that reads 3 directories, lists the files within them and continues on to evaluate each file independently. When I run the script, it gets to a certain directory that contains ~250 files, when you echo the directory, there are 4332 characters. So, when I use the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixjennings
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for long running processes....

I searched the forums but didn't see anything related to what I'm looking for. I need a script that would give me a listing of jobs running longer than, for example, 12 hours or so. Thanks in advance for your assistance!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CyberOptiq
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script executes too long than expected

Below is my script code which filters failed logins from existing and non-existing users from the server. The problem is, it takes longer to execute and complete than expected. Anyone here can edit the script to speed up its execution. #!/bin/bash LIST=`cat $1` for i in $LIST do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script idles for a long time

the following code works sometimes. other times, it behaves mysteriously. when the script sshs to a box, it is suppose to automatically begin running the command it is told to run. but in this case, after this script logs into a host, it just sits there at the prompt and does not run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script takes too long to complete

Hi, I have a lengthy script which i have trimmed down for a test case as below. more run.sh #!/bin/bash paths="allpath.txt" while IFS= read -r loc do echo "Working on $loc" startdir=$loc find "$startdir" -type f \( ! -name "*.log*" ! -name "*.class*" \) -print | while read file do... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

9. SCO

Long file names within shell script

I am downloading a zip file that contain files that are very long. I am trying to process them, but cannot. I can move the files from one directory to another at the shell prompt, but not within a shell script, I get a stat error. The files look somewhat like this; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trolley
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

First script in a long time

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my script to grab time from our MDM... I blocked out all of the important stuff. I really appreciate any guidance, since I am long out of practice. #!/bin/bash serial=$1 # get last seen value of ipad lastseen=$(curl -s -X "GET"... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: andysensible
11 Replies
PPPOE-CONNECT(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  PPPOE-CONNECT(8)

NAME
pppoe-connect - Shell script to manage a PPPoE link SYNOPSIS
pppoe-connect [config_file] pppoe-connect interface user [config_file] DESCRIPTION
pppoe-connect is a shell script which manages a PPPoE connection using the Roaring Penguin user-space PPPoE client. If you omit con- fig_file, the default file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 is used. If you supply interface and user, then they override the Ethernet interface and user-name settings in the configuration file. Note that normally, you should not invoke pppoe-connect directly. Instead, use pppoe-start to bring up the PPPoE connection. pppoe-connect first reads a configuration file. It then brings up a PPPoE connection. If the connection ever drops, a message is logged to syslog, and pppoe-connect re-establishes the connection. In addition, each time the connection is dropped or cannot be established, pppoe-connect executes the script /etc/ppp/pppoe-lost if it exists and is executable. The shell script pppoe-stop causes pppoe-connect to break out of its loop, bring the connection down, and exit. TECHNICAL DETAILS
pppoe-connect uses the following shell variables from the configuration file: ETH The Ethernet interface connected to the DSL modem (for example, eth0). USER The PPPoE user-id (for example, b1xxnxnx@sympatico.ca). PIDFILE A file in which to write the process-ID of the pppoe-connect process (for example, /var/run/pppoe.pid). Two additional files ($PID- FILE.pppd and $PIDFILE.pppoe) hold the process-ID's of the pppd and pppoe processes, respectively. By using different configuration files with different PIDFILE settings, you can manage multiple PPPoE connections. Just specify the con- figuration file as an argument to pppoe-start and pppoe-stop. AUTHOR
pppoe-connect was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-setup(8), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-server(8), pppoe- relay(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-CONNECT(8)