Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Help Analyzing AIX System Metrics Post 302897783 by nivaspIND on Wednesday 16th of April 2014 02:38:37 AM
Old 04-16-2014
From the logs I do see that memory bottleneck is high , as you LPARS lost power and came back ,so
- Was the configuration same as it was earlier ? ( I suspect mem/cpu could have changed after shutdown/activation..as it wasnt rebooted )
- What does your errpr log say , do they report any error
- CPU reports average usage of around 60-70% , but did you had a look on what exactly taking those CPU cycles , what does your topas show

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Analyzing System Core Files?

can some tell me how to do this. I mean, i tried finding this out on my own but when I checked the man pages, i got a truckload of commands available pertaining to this task which in turn got me confused. so my question is, if there is a simple straight forward(not necessarily easy) way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Metrics

Hi, Does anyone know of any programs that can create Unix (Solaris) server metrics such as server uptime, services uptime, processor utilization by hour by day, memory utilization by hour by day, active users by hour by day, etc? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghuber
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I/O Stats Metrics

What do others use for measuring I/O statistics? I'd like something versatile, as in being able to watch (like iostat, but easier to trend), generate load (like iozone, but more realistic), and perform somewhat generalized benchmarks (like bonnie, but more current.) It would scale from a few... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
0 Replies

4. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

5. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

6. AIX

Help required in analyzing errpt in aix 5.3

I have received errpt like this.Any help will be highly appreciated.Recently my application has been migrated to aix 5.3 and working fine in aix 5.2 with out crashes. LABEL: CORE_DUMP IDENTIFIER: C69F5C9B Date/Time: Thu Apr 23 09:41:29 EDT 2009 Sequence Number: 948... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Printers moved to anothere AIX system

AIX Printers need to be moved to another system Guy's We have two servers old AIX 5.2 and new AIX 6.1 the old server has more than 300 printers installed with different configurations I'd like to move all the printers from the old server to the new server with fast steps it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
1 Replies

8. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

New to AIX: How do I setup high availability on an AIX System

I am new to AIX but not new to unix. I have an interview for an AIX systems admin position and I know they want someone who has knowledge of High Availability, Failover and LPARs From my research so far, It appear powerha is used to setup high availability and failover on Power systems but is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathisecure
2 Replies
CPUSET(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 CPUSET(3)

NAME
cpuset_create, cpuset_destroy, cpuset_zero, cpuset_set, cpuset_clr, cpuset_isset, cpuset_size -- dynamic CPU sets SYNOPSIS
#include <sched.h> cpuset_t * cpuset_create(void); void cpuset_destroy(cpuset_t *set); void cpuset_zero(cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_set(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_clr(cpuid_t cpu, cpuset_t *set); int cpuset_isset(cpuid_t cpu, const cpuset_t *set); size_t cpuset_size(const cpuset_t *set); DESCRIPTION
This section describes the functions used to create, set, use and destroy the dynamic CPU sets. This API can be used with the POSIX threads, see pthread(3) and affinity(3). The ID of the primary CPU in the system is 0. FUNCTIONS
cpuset_create() Allocates and initializes a clean CPU-set. Returns the pointer to the CPU-set, or NULL on failure. cpuset_destroy(set) Destroy the CPU-set specified by set. cpuset_zero(set) Makes the CPU-set specified by set clean, that is, memory is initialized to zero bytes, and none of the CPUs set. cpuset_set(cpu, set) Sets the CPU specified by cpu in set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_clr(cpu, set) Clears the CPU specified by cpu in the CPU-set set. Returns zero on success, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_isset(cpu, set) Checks if CPU specified by cpu is set in the CPU-set set. Returns the positive number if set, zero if not set, and -1 if cpu is invalid. cpuset_size(set) Returns the size in bytes of CPU-set specified by set. SEE ALSO
affinity(3), pset(3), sched(3), schedctl(8), kcpuset(9) HISTORY
The dynamic CPU sets appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
November 2, 2011 BSD