Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Problem in increasing filesystem Post 302897782 by nivaspIND on Wednesday 16th of April 2014 02:25:29 AM
Old 04-16-2014
Could you give me the following output
Code:
lsvg -l <vg> | grep -i  <lvname>
lslv <lvname>

As a basic check I would like to see if its stripe /mirror

Last edited by zaxxon; 04-23-2014 at 03:22 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Increasing filesystem space

Now, i know a ufs file system can be increased using mkfs but hwo do I take space from a file system and add it to another file system? at my job here, that seems to be possible because I see request on it almost every day. what is the exact command to do this and does the system need to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. AIX

Increasing the FileSystem Size

Hi Everybody, I have AIX 4.3 and I have a FileSystem with 400GB size, which called /db/run. Because of grow up of the application's data, more storage has been added 200GB. To add this space without affecting the application & the application's requirements, I have to add this 200GB to the existed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
9 Replies

3. Solaris

need help Filesystem Problem

hi expert, please help have a problem with my new Sun Solaris server V890 after power on and booted into the os i had get this error messages below : * no command can use except "cd" Boot device: root-disk File and args: SunOS Release 5.8 Version Generic_117350-34 64-bit Copyright... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
7 Replies

4. AIX

Does HACMP have bugs increasing filesystem or Logical volumes

Hello, Does HACMP have bugs ? I have version 5.4 on AIX 6.1 and when I try to increase filesystem space or logical volume partitions which are under HACMP VG it gives me error: # lsvg rootvg pr0oravg px0oravg pb0oravg pr0sapvg px0sapvg pb0sapvg pr1_pr2_vg pr2_px1_vg # #... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
11 Replies

5. AIX

Increasing ./usr or any filesystem

Hi guys, I want to increase my ./usr or just one path in my aix6.1 machine. currently if I # lsvg rootvg VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: 00f6126500004c00000 0012aef0c9035 VG STATE: active PP SIZE: 128... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pilotHans
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Problem mounting iscsi filesystem

Hi, I have a strange problem with iscsi. My vfstab entry looks like this: /dev/md/dsk/d100 /dev/md/rdsk/d100 /zones/ssapp0895v01 ufs 2 iscsi - After rebooting, the filesystem gets mounted with the option "nosetuid". I believe the default should be "suid" /zones/ssapp0895v01 on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvaro66
0 Replies

8. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

9. AIX

Problem with filesystem created after HACMP was shut down

There is a shared volume group connected to two AIX systems A and B on a shared storage. The shared volume group was regularly attached to the system A and in case of a system A crash, the system B should take over the shared volume group and resources on it. Resources on the shared storage:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamanu
1 Replies

10. Hardware

Increasing the filesystem size

Hi Guys We have a VM machine, now I want to increase the size of the filesystem. We are running RHEL6 O/S. I have filesystem that is 500GB I want to increase that filesystem to 1.5 TB. The guy who manages the VM increased the size on the VM machine, now how do I make sure that the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
7 Replies
xfs_growfs(8)                                                 System Manager's Manual                                                xfs_growfs(8)

NAME
xfs_growfs, xfs_info - expand an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_growfs [ -dilnrxV ] [ -D size ] [ -e rtextsize ] [ -L size ] [ -m maxpct ] [ -t mtab ] [ -R size ] mount-point xfs_info [ -t mtab ] mount-point DESCRIPTION
xfs_growfs expands an existing XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). The mount-point argument is the pathname of the directory where the filesystem is mounted. The filesystem must be mounted to be grown (see mount(8)). The existing contents of the filesystem are undisturbed, and the added space becomes available for additional file storage. xfs_info is equivalent to invoking xfs_growfs with the -n option (see discussion below). OPTIONS
-d | -D size Specifies that the data section of the filesystem should be grown. If the -D size option is given, the data section is grown to that size, otherwise the data section is grown to the largest size possible with the -d option. The size is expressed in filesystem blocks. -e Allows the real-time extent size to be specified. In mkfs.xfs(8) this is specified with -r extsize=nnnn. -i The new log is an internal log (inside the data section). [NOTE: This option is not implemented] -l | -L size Specifies that the log section of the filesystem should be grown, shrunk, or moved. If the -L size option is given, the log section is changed to be that size, if possible. The size is expressed in filesystem blocks. The size of an internal log must be smaller than the size of an allocation group (this value is printed at mkfs(8) time). If neither -i nor -x is given with -l, the log contin- ues to be internal or external as it was before. [NOTE: These options are not implemented] -m Specify a new value for the maximum percentage of space in the filesystem that can be allocated as inodes. In mkfs.xfs(8) this is specified with -i maxpct=nn. -n Specifies that no change to the filesystem is to be made. The filesystem geometry is printed, and argument checking is performed, but no growth occurs. See output examples below. -r | -R size Specifies that the real-time section of the filesystem should be grown. If the -R size option is given, the real-time section is grown to that size, otherwise the real-time section is grown to the largest size possible with the -r option. The size is expressed in filesystem blocks. The filesystem does not need to have contained a real-time section before the xfs_growfs operation. -t Specifies an alternate mount table file (default is /proc/mounts if it exists, else /etc/mtab). This is used when working with filesystems mounted without writing to /etc/mtab file - refer to mount(8) for further details. -V Prints the version number and exits. The mount-point argument is not required with -V. xfs_growfs is most often used in conjunction with logical volumes (see md(4) and lvm(8) on Linux). However, it can also be used on a regu- lar disk partition, for example if a partition has been enlarged while retaining the same starting block. PRACTICAL USE
Filesystems normally occupy all of the space on the device where they reside. In order to grow a filesystem, it is necessary to provide added space for it to occupy. Therefore there must be at least one spare new disk partition available. Adding the space is often done through the use of a logical volume manager. EXAMPLES
Understanding xfs_info output. Suppose one has the following "xfs_info /dev/sda" output: meta-data=/dev/sda isize=256 agcount=32, agsize=16777184 blks = sectsz=512 attr=2 data = bsize=4096 blocks=536869888, imaxpct=5 = sunit=32 swidth=128 blks naming =version 2 bsize=4096 log =internal bsize=4096 blocks=32768, version=2 = sectsz=512 sunit=32 blks, lazy-count=1 realtime =none extsz=524288 blocks=0, rtextents=0 Here, the data section of the output indicates "bsize=4096", meaning the data block size for this filesystem is 4096 bytes. This section also shows "sunit=32 swidth=128 blks", which means the stripe unit is 32*4096 bytes = 128 kibibytes and the stripe width is 128*4096 bytes = 512 kibibytes. A single stripe of this filesystem therefore consists of four stripe units (128 blocks / 32 blocks per unit). SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), md(4), lvm(8), mount(8). xfs_growfs(8)