Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [awk] find pattern, change next two lines Post 302897748 by Yoda on Tuesday 15th of April 2014 05:12:42 PM
Old 04-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by origamisven
Thanks a lot, Yoda, can you explain the syntax to me? I don't want to die stupid.
Sure.
Code:
awk '
        # Look for pattern VEL in each record
        /VEL/ {
                # if found set variable c value to 3
                c = 3
        }
        # For each subsequent records decrement variable c value by 1 and check if it is >= 1
        # This condition is to replace next 2 records as you requested
        c-- >= 1 {
                # Substitute SOL with VEL
                sub ( "SOL", "VEL")
        }
        # 1 == true, default awk operation is print the record
' file

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find required files by pattern in xml files and the change the pattern on Linux

Hello, I need to find all *.xml files that matched by pattern on Linux. I need to have written the file name on the screen and then change the pattern in the file just was found. For instance. I can start the script with arguments for keyword and for value, i.e script.sh keyword... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yart
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find pattern and add lines

My file goes like this: SID_LIST_HOSTNAME_LISTENER_3 = (SID_LIST = (SID_DESC = (SID_NAME = ORA0008) (ORACLE_HOME = /opt/oracle/product/ORA0008) (ENVS = "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/oracle/product/ORA0008/lib") ) (SID_DESC = (SID_NAME = ORA0007) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpsingh
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and change the lines in the file.

Hi Everyone, I have a JIL (Job Information Language) Definition for Several Jobs in a file. I would like to do the following: insert_job: KS_INT_BIZ_INT job_type: c command: /home/filter/script.sh INT machine: MACHINE owner: filter permission: gx,mx date_conditions: 1 days_of_week:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find pattern and discard lines before it?

Hi all, I'd like to search a file for the first occurence of the phrase "PLASTICS THAT EXPIRE" and then discard all the lines that came before it. Output the remainder to a new file. Operating system is hp-ux. I've searched for usual awk and sed one liners but can't find a solution. Thank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -- Find pattern -- print remainder -- plus lines up to pattern -- Minus pattern

The intended result should be : PDF converters 'empty line' gpdftext and pdftotext?xml version="1.0"?> xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1" xmlns:/tomboy/link" xmlns:size="http://beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/size">PDF converters gpdftext and pdftotext</note-content>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klasform
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk or sed to find a pattern that has lines before and after it

Dear gurus, Please help this beginner to write and understand the required script. I am looking for useing awk for sed. I have a few thousand lines file whose contain are mostly as below and I am trying to achieve followings. 1. Find a string, say user1. Then hash the line containing the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran_bon_78
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find pattern; grep n lines before and after

Hi, I need help to grep a specific part of a log file (bold). 24/2/2017-16:57:17.056 frosti-1 M3UA-Tx: } 24/2/2017-16:57:17.056 frosti-1 M3UA-Tx: extensionContainer <Not Present> 24/2/2017-16:57:17.056... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasil
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

find pattern matches in consecutive lines in certain fields-awk

I have a text file with many thousands of lines, a small sample of which looks like this: InputFile:PS002,003 D -1 5 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 6 6 -1 -1 -1 -1 0 509 0 PS002,003 PSQ 0 1 7 18 1 0 -1 1 1 3 -1 -1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find specific pattern and change some of block values using awk

Hi, Could you please help me finding a way to replace a specific value in a text block when matching a key pattern ? I got the keys and the values from a command similar to: echo -e "key01 Nvalue01-1 Nvalue01-2 Nvalue01-3\nkey02 Nvalue02-1 Nvalue02-2 Nvalue02-3 \nkey03 Nvalue03-1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to remove pattern and lines above pattern

In the awk below I am trying to remove all lines above and including the pattern Test or Test2. Each block is seperated by a newline and Test2 also appears in the lines to keep but it will always have additional text after it. The Test to remove will not. The awk executed until the || was added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
GETDS(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 GETDS(1p)

NAME
getds - Create a DS record from DNSKEYing information SYNOPSIS
getds <domain> DESCRIPTION
getds will create a DS record from DNSKEYs for the specified DNS domain. It does this by converting DNSKEYs to DS records using the specified hashing algorithm. The results can then be passed to upstream DNSSEC-supporting parents or to DLV registries. getds will also pull the parent's published DS records and compare them against the existing keys. It will then list any DS records not published in the parent, as well as any DS records that are published in the parent but which don't match an existing key. OPTIONS
getds takes the following options: -a ALGORITHMS --hash-algorithm algorithm ALGORITHMS This option specifies the hash algorithm to use when converting DNSKEYs to DS records. It may be a comma-separated list if multiple algorithms are desired. The algorithms to choose from may be either SHA256 or SHA1. The default is SHA256,SHA1 -z --print-zsks This option causes getds to print ZSK DS records, as well as KSK records. -p --dont-check-parent Instructs getds to not check the records in the parent for their published DS records. -q --quiet Produces quiet output with no explanatory headers. In other words, it only prints the DS records generated from the DNSKEYs. Note: Running with -q implies -p. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
By default, getds pulls data from the live DNS. If your DNS resolver isn't configured so that this is pulled securely, then the results can't be trusted. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2008-2012 SPARTA, Inc. All rights reserved. See the COPYING file included with the DNSSEC-Tools package for details. AUTHOR
Wes Hardaker, hardaker AT AT AT users.sourceforge.net perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 GETDS(1p)