Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract data from a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract data from a file Post 302897615 by rahmanabdulla on Tuesday 15th of April 2014 06:42:35 AM
Old 04-15-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecracker
Note:- 1a.txt shows 39 to 42 inclusive as consecutive.

This is 4 numbers, not 3 as you show.

Do you only want numbers beginning with 4x from 1a.txt?
If yes then this is contradiction in terms...

Please be more specific...

EDIT:
Also you have a space in the 2nd and 3rd series is this also a requirement?
You are right! I have corrected it. Space is not a requirement.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from file

My file in ksh consists of message data of varying lengths (lines), separated with headers. I would like to find a string from this file, and print out the whole message data including the headers. my plan of attack is to search the strings, print the top header, and print the whole message... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from file

Dear All , I am posting first time in this forum . Please ignore my mistakes . I am learning Unix and i need help to extract specific data from file . 1. I want to grep number of fails from log . The file contains "fails" word in line if test cases are failed . 2. The log contains... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: getdpg
20 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from file

Hello again, how do you extract data from a file? I have created a file with PID #s in it, I need to be able to take the PID from each line and kill it. How is this done? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from file

I m new to shell scripting & i need a help.... i have file like.... Name := sachin address:=something phone:=111 ... Note: There might be or not space between Name & := and between := & sachin. I need to extract the data from each line of file as var1=Name value1=sachin same for... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ps_sach
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Data from a file

I need to create a script to extract some specific data from a file. I locate the file using the find command: find . -name "rpbol*" -print | xargs grep -li Once I locate the file I need using the above command, I would like to extract some data from that file. The data is always located... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jevaba
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with File Data Extract

Hello, Hope you are doing fine. I have been struggling with it for some time now and I would really appreciate your help. Following is file format: Currency,Name,Date, Term USD, ABC, 2011/11/11, T0, S1, S2, S3, S4 , , ,T1, 5.6, 2.3, 6.5, 4.5 , ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srattani
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract header data from one file and combine it with data from another file

Hi, Great minds, I have some files, in fact header files, of CTD profiler, I tried a lot C programming, could not get output as I was expected, because my programming skills are very poor, finally, joined unix forum with the hope that, I may get what I want, from you people, Here I have attached... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from a file

Hello All, I have a small xml file which looks like below: <Check:defaultval Val="crash" value="crash_report_0013&#xA;generate_check_0020 generate_check_0022&#xA;&#xA;This is where the fault is."/> <Check:defaultval Val="crash" value="crash_report_1001&#xA;generate_check_1001... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from a file

Hi , I am having a file which is PIPE delimited like this : file.txt aus|start|10:00:00 nz|start|11:00:00 aus|end|10:10:00 us|start|10:00:00 nz|end|11:10:00 us|end|11:00:00 . . . I want to extract an output file like this based on start time and end time for each countries: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies
math::fuzzy(n)							 Tcl Math Library						    math::fuzzy(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
math::fuzzy - Fuzzy comparison of floating-point numbers SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl ?8.3? package require math::fuzzy ?0.2? ::math::fuzzy::teq value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tne value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tge value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tle value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tlt value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tgt value1 value2 ::math::fuzzy::tfloor value ::math::fuzzy::tceil value ::math::fuzzy::tround value ::math::fuzzy::troundn value ndigits _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package Fuzzy is meant to solve common problems with floating-point numbers in a systematic way: o Comparing two numbers that are "supposed" to be identical, like 1.0 and 2.1/(1.2+0.9) is not guaranteed to give the intuitive result. o Rounding a number that is halfway two integer numbers can cause strange errors, like int(100.0*2.8) != 28 but 27 The Fuzzy package is meant to help sorting out this type of problems by defining "fuzzy" comparison procedures for floating-point numbers. It does so by allowing for a small margin that is determined automatically - the margin is three times the "epsilon" value, that is three times the smallest number eps such that 1.0 and 1.0+$eps canbe distinguished. In Tcl, which uses double precision floating-point numbers, this is typically 1.1e-16. PROCEDURES
Effectively the package provides the following procedures: ::math::fuzzy::teq value1 value2 Compares two floating-point numbers and returns 1 if their values fall within a small range. Otherwise it returns 0. ::math::fuzzy::tne value1 value2 Returns the negation, that is, if the difference is larger than the margin, it returns 1. ::math::fuzzy::tge value1 value2 Compares two floating-point numbers and returns 1 if their values either fall within a small range or if the first number is larger than the second. Otherwise it returns 0. ::math::fuzzy::tle value1 value2 Returns 1 if the two numbers are equal according to [teq] or if the first is smaller than the second. ::math::fuzzy::tlt value1 value2 Returns the opposite of [tge]. ::math::fuzzy::tgt value1 value2 Returns the opposite of [tle]. ::math::fuzzy::tfloor value Returns the integer number that is lower or equal to the given floating-point number, within a well-defined tolerance. ::math::fuzzy::tceil value Returns the integer number that is greater or equal to the given floating-point number, within a well-defined tolerance. ::math::fuzzy::tround value Rounds the floating-point number off. ::math::fuzzy::troundn value ndigits Rounds the floating-point number off to the specified number of decimals (Pro memorie). Usage: if { [teq $x $y] } { puts "x == y" } if { [tne $x $y] } { puts "x != y" } if { [tge $x $y] } { puts "x >= y" } if { [tgt $x $y] } { puts "x > y" } if { [tlt $x $y] } { puts "x < y" } if { [tle $x $y] } { puts "x <= y" } set fx [tfloor $x] set fc [tceil $x] set rounded [tround $x] set roundn [troundn $x $nodigits] TEST CASES
The problems that can occur with floating-point numbers are illustrated by the test cases in the file "fuzzy.test": o Several test case use the ordinary comparisons, and they fail invariably to produce understandable results o One test case uses [expr] without braces ({ and }). It too fails. The conclusion from this is that any expression should be surrounded by braces, because otherwise very awkward things can happen if you need accuracy. Furthermore, accuracy and understandable results are enhanced by using these "tolerant" or fuzzy comparisons. Note that besides the Tcl-only package, there is also a C-based version. REFERENCES
Original implementation in Fortran by dr. H.D. Knoble (Penn State University). P. E. Hagerty, "More on Fuzzy Floor and Ceiling," APL QUOTE QUAD 8(4):20-24, June 1978. Note that TFLOOR=FL5 took five years of refereed evolution (publication). L. M. Breed, "Definitions for Fuzzy Floor and Ceiling", APL QUOTE QUAD 8(3):16-23, March 1978. D. Knuth, Art of Computer Programming, Vol. 1, Problem 1.2.4-5. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category math :: fuzzy of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
floating-point, math, rounding CATEGORY
Mathematics math 0.2 math::fuzzy(n)