Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying section of file based on search criteria Post 302897585 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 15th of April 2014 02:56:06 AM
Old 04-15-2014
You would make your life easier if you didn't put spaces in filenames (like File 2), the filename fiel1 looks like a typo, and your output show lines matching cn=xyz, but the corresponding line in fiel1 is cn=xyx; not cn=xyz.

You could try something like:
Code:
awk -F '[ ,]' '
FNR == NR {
	cn[$1]
	next
}
$1 == "dn:" {
	copy = ($2 in cn)
}
copy {	print
}' fiel1 "File 2"

which (with the sample input files you provided) produces the output:
Code:
dn: cn=abc,ou=111,dc=111,dc=111,dc=com
uid: abc
userPassword:: lQ0E9sPsdfQ==

dn: cn=DEF,ou=111,dc=111,dc=111,dc=com
uid: DEF
userPassword:: PZHc9P23Q==

If you want to use this on a Solaris/SunOS system, use /usr/xpg4/bin/awk, /usr/xpg6/bin/awk, or nawk instead of /usr/bin/awk.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select records based on search criteria on first column

Hi All, I need to select only those records having a non zero record in the first column of a comma delimited file. Suppose my input file is having data like: "0","01/08/2005 07:11:15",1,1,"Created",,"01/08/2005" "0","01/08/2005 07:12:40",1,1,"Created",,"01/08/2005"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi_kiran_v
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append specific lines to a previous line based on sequential search criteria

I'll try explain this as best I can. Let me know if it is not clear. I have large text files that contain data as such: 143593502 09-08-20 09:02:13 xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx 09-08-20 09:02:11 N line 1 test line 2 test line 3 test 143593503 09-08-20 09:02:13... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesse
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete new lines based on search criteria

Hi all! A bit of background: I am trying to create a script that formats SQL statements. I have gotten so far as to add new lines based on certain match criteria like commas, keywords etc. In the process, I end up adding newlines where I don't want. For example: substr(colName, 1, 10)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayarkay
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on specific search criteria

I have a huge file (about 2 millions records) contains data separated by “,” (comma). As part of the requirement, I can't change the format. The objective is to remove some of the records with the following condition. If the 23rd field on each line start with 302 , I need to remove that from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a section based on search from other file

Hi Everyone, I need some help to accomplish the below. help is highly appriciated. I have a 45 mb file with ldap entries. Each user entry is separated by a string # entry-id: 1 and so on. Some of the entries has a string xyz: true. I want to delete the section if the user section has xyz: true... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying corresponding entries based on search

Hi Guru's I need some help to accomplish the below. I have two files, file 1 has ldap entries with one of its parameter cn. I have one more file with cn and corresponding row id. The out put should get the cn from file1 search for the cn in file2 and get the value of id and add the id entry in... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select lines from a file based on a criteria

Hi I need to select lines from a txt file, I have got a line starting with ZMIO:MSISDN= and after a few line I have another line starting with 'MOBILE STATION ISDN NUMBER' and another one starting with 'VLR-ADDRESS' I need to copy these three lines as three different columns in a separate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlcm sam
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need To Delete Lines Based On Search Criteria

Hi All, I have following input file. I wish to retain those lines which match multiple search criteria. The search criteria is stored in a variable seperated from each other by comma(,). SEARCH_CRITERIA = "REJECT, DUPLICATE" Input File: ERROR,MYFILE_20130214_11387,9,37.75... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match based on criteria to file

Trying to match $1 of target.txt to $5 of file.txt. If there is a match then in an output.txt file $1,$1 (row underneath),$6,$4,$7 from file.txt are printed on the same line as $1 of target.txt. The input is from excel and the output should be tab-deliminated. Thank you :). target.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
Tcl_UtfToUpper(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						 Tcl_UtfToUpper(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_UniCharToUpper, Tcl_UniCharToLower, Tcl_UniCharToTitle, Tcl_UtfToUpper, Tcl_UtfToLower, Tcl_UtfToTitle - routines for manipulating the case of Unicode characters and UTF-8 strings SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_UniChar Tcl_UniCharToUpper(ch) Tcl_UniChar Tcl_UniCharToLower(ch) Tcl_UniChar Tcl_UniCharToTitle(ch) int Tcl_UtfToUpper(str) int Tcl_UtfToLower(str) int Tcl_UtfToTitle(str) ARGUMENTS
int ch (in) The Tcl_UniChar to be converted. char *str (in/out) Pointer to UTF-8 string to be converted in place. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The first three routines convert the case of individual Unicode characters: If ch represents a lower-case character, Tcl_UniCharToUpper returns the corresponding upper-case character. If no upper-case character is defined, it returns the character unchanged. If ch represents an upper-case character, Tcl_UniCharToLower returns the corresponding lower-case character. If no lower-case character is defined, it returns the character unchanged. If ch represents a lower-case character, Tcl_UniCharToTitle returns the corresponding title-case character. If no title-case character is defined, it returns the corresponding upper-case character. If no upper-case character is defined, it returns the character unchanged. Title-case is defined for a small number of characters that have a different appearance when they are at the beginning of a capitalized word. The next three routines convert the case of UTF-8 strings in place in memory: Tcl_UtfToUpper changes every UTF-8 character in str to upper-case. Because changing the case of a character may change its size, the byte offset of each character in the resulting string may differ from its original location. Tcl_UtfToUpper writes a null byte at the end of the converted string. Tcl_UtfToUpper returns the new length of the string in bytes. This new length is guaranteed to be no longer than the original string length. Tcl_UtfToLower is the same as Tcl_UtfToUpper except it turns each character in the string into its lower-case equivalent. Tcl_UtfToTitle is the same as Tcl_UtfToUpper except it turns the first character in the string into its title-case equivalent and all fol- lowing characters into their lower-case equivalents. BUGS
At this time, the case conversions are only defined for the ISO8859-1 characters. Unicode characters above 0x00ff are not modified by these routines. KEYWORDS
utf, unicode, toupper, tolower, totitle, case Tcl 8.1 Tcl_UtfToUpper(3)