Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Unable to connect to internet on slackware 14.1 (hathway connection) Post 302897524 by pinakbheed on Monday 14th of April 2014 02:07:16 PM
Old 04-14-2014
the problem with the provider is that they store the MAC address of the pc the router was first connected to and allows connection only on that pc. I have a PC and a laptop. The router was first connected to my desktop and identifies that only. That's why i cannot access internet on my laptop or any other pc through the connection I have.

I read about this somewhere, that we can clone MAC address on other machines to match the recognized MAC address. So I changed the MAC address and it worked. I have used it on my laptop with windows and puppy linux. Now I have removed both and installed slackware. But, I can't seem to get it working in slackware. That's the fix I'm in.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to the Internet

I running HPUX 11.0, Netscape gives me an error "Unable to locate Server" when using a www.something.com address. If I use an IP address I get past the router and onto the Internet. My workstation can get to the Router @ 192.168.0.1 and also it's local APACHE server. I have DHCP enabled... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnalt
8 Replies

2. Slackware

setting up internet on slackware

I tried unsuccessfully to set up the internet on slackware . I ran "netconfig" and follow all the steps like to enter ip address dns server subnet mask and default gateway . I saved the configuration and reboot the computer with no results . When im doing this under my pc works fine but first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: exhumation
4 Replies

3. Linux

how to connect internet????

HI, Am using GPRS ( MOB # 3230 ) internet connection in windows Hw to use internet r connect in linux.. ( Red Hat Linux Ver.10 ) Please help me.. Thanks in adv.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bharath raja
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to connect to INTERNET using BSNL Broad band connection on Solaris-x86

Hi, Iam using BSNL broad band connection and i have installed two OS Xp & Sun solaris -x86 on my machine.Iam able to use INTERNET on windows Xp but not able to do it on solaris x86. I have tried using DHCP concept as well as sys-unconfig command in solaris but no results. When i use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to connect to Internet

Hi friends recently i have installed SXDE 1/08 into my machine,and i installed wifi driver also its working fine,Recently i was unable to connect to Internet,I have not changed any configurations and any installations,thing is that i got my iwk0 interface is UP and IP address also and i can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to browse internet in linux (railwire dialup connection)

Hi Gurus, Good morning . I have a railwire internet connection(dial up).I am able to access internet in windows xp .but in windows xp every time i restart my pc i have to manually right click the "railwire"icon and then click "connect, after this i am just getting connected to the internet. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
4 Replies

7. Linux

How to connect to internet

Hi, Can someone guide me regarding how to connect to internet. what are steps? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren nandale
2 Replies

8. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

unable to connect internet on virtual machine

I have installed Oracle VM virtual box on Windows 7 and using LINUX (backtrack 5) as my virtual OS. The problem is i'm unable to connect to internet from my virtual OS. i'm using USB dongle (mobile broad band) to connect to internet from my host OS windows 7. I tried setting NAT in VM settings... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to connect to internet

Hello, I just installed CentOS 7 (Server with GUI) and guess what I could install Virtual Box Guest additions without installing any extra package/software which is great news ! Now bad news or not so great news. My Host OS is Windows 10, Virtual Box is the virtualization software. CentOS7-1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
0 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to connect guest VM to internet (QEMU via both 'User-mode networking' and 'TUN/TAP')

Hello, I installed FreeBSD 10.3 on AQEMU. I can't connect to internet in none of the modes of "Default, User-Mode Networking" and "TUN/TAP Networking". I am able to ping my host in the TAP networking mode (192.168.1.33 which is my IP addr in guest), but getting 'no route to host' for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies
learp(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  learp(8)

NAME
learp - Displays the contents of a LAN-Emulation Address Resolution Protocol (LE-ARP) table SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/learp [-u unit_number] -a OPTIONS
Specifies a LE-ARP cache. The unit number is the same as is displayed by the netstat -i command. For example: elan0 is unit 0, elan1 is unit 1, and so on. If the -u option is not specified, the default unit number is 0. Displays all entries in the LAN-Emulation Address Resolution Pro- tocol (LE-ARP) table. DESCRIPTION
Each LAN-Emulation Client interface (displayed as elann in netstat output) has an Address Resolution Protocol (LE-ARP) table that contains mappings of 6-byte medium access control (MAC) addresses to 20-byte Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) addresses. The learp command displays the contents of the LE-ARP table. Each LE-ARP table entry contains the following information: Each MAC address that has been or is being contacted through the ATM-emulated LAN. One of the following state values: AP -- LE-ARP is pending. The ATM address associated with the MAC address is not known. DE -- Delete of the LE-ARP cache entry is pending. When there are no more VCs for a LE-ARP entry, it is marked for deletion. After there is no activity for 5 minutes (age periond), the entry is removed for the cache. FD -- Forward Direct. Packets flowing to the destination are using the data-direct VC. FL -- Flush is pending. A new VC has been established with the remote node and the broadcast channel is being flushed so packets flowing on the new VC will not arrive out of order. VP -- Virtual Channel (VC) setup is pending. The ATM address is known, but no VC is established with the remote node. If known, the 20-byte ATM address associated with the MAC address. One of the fol- lowing flags: R -- Remote entry. The MAC address is on a legacy (that is, Ethernet) network on the back side of an ATM edge device. P -- Permanent entry. The LE-ARP entry is permanent. If known, this is the Virtual Path Identifier (VPI) and the Virtual Channel Identifier (VCI) of the data-direct VC used by packets destined to the MAC address. Many MAC addresses may use the same VC. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the output of a learp -a command in which the LE-ARP cache contains five entries: # learp -a le-arp cache con- tains 5 entries. MAC Address State ATM Address Flags VPI/VCI 08-00-2b-01-01-01 (AP) pending 08-00-2b-01-01-02 (VP) 39000000000000000000000000.08002b010102.00 pending 08-00-2b-01-02-02 (FL) 39000000000000000000000000.08002b010203.00 R 0/65 08-00-2b-01-02-03 (FD) 39000000000000000000000000.08002b010203.00 0/65 SEE ALSO
Commands: atmconfig(8), atmelan(8), atmsig(8) learp(8)