Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Unable to connect to internet on slackware 14.1 (hathway connection) Post 302897524 by pinakbheed on Monday 14th of April 2014 02:07:16 PM
Old 04-14-2014
the problem with the provider is that they store the MAC address of the pc the router was first connected to and allows connection only on that pc. I have a PC and a laptop. The router was first connected to my desktop and identifies that only. That's why i cannot access internet on my laptop or any other pc through the connection I have.

I read about this somewhere, that we can clone MAC address on other machines to match the recognized MAC address. So I changed the MAC address and it worked. I have used it on my laptop with windows and puppy linux. Now I have removed both and installed slackware. But, I can't seem to get it working in slackware. That's the fix I'm in.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot connect to the Internet

I running HPUX 11.0, Netscape gives me an error "Unable to locate Server" when using a www.something.com address. If I use an IP address I get past the router and onto the Internet. My workstation can get to the Router @ 192.168.0.1 and also it's local APACHE server. I have DHCP enabled... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnalt
8 Replies

2. Slackware

setting up internet on slackware

I tried unsuccessfully to set up the internet on slackware . I ran "netconfig" and follow all the steps like to enter ip address dns server subnet mask and default gateway . I saved the configuration and reboot the computer with no results . When im doing this under my pc works fine but first... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: exhumation
4 Replies

3. Linux

how to connect internet????

HI, Am using GPRS ( MOB # 3230 ) internet connection in windows Hw to use internet r connect in linux.. ( Red Hat Linux Ver.10 ) Please help me.. Thanks in adv.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bharath raja
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to connect to INTERNET using BSNL Broad band connection on Solaris-x86

Hi, Iam using BSNL broad band connection and i have installed two OS Xp & Sun solaris -x86 on my machine.Iam able to use INTERNET on windows Xp but not able to do it on solaris x86. I have tried using DHCP concept as well as sys-unconfig command in solaris but no results. When i use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to connect to Internet

Hi friends recently i have installed SXDE 1/08 into my machine,and i installed wifi driver also its working fine,Recently i was unable to connect to Internet,I have not changed any configurations and any installations,thing is that i got my iwk0 interface is UP and IP address also and i can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to browse internet in linux (railwire dialup connection)

Hi Gurus, Good morning . I have a railwire internet connection(dial up).I am able to access internet in windows xp .but in windows xp every time i restart my pc i have to manually right click the "railwire"icon and then click "connect, after this i am just getting connected to the internet. But... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
4 Replies

7. Linux

How to connect to internet

Hi, Can someone guide me regarding how to connect to internet. what are steps? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren nandale
2 Replies

8. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

unable to connect internet on virtual machine

I have installed Oracle VM virtual box on Windows 7 and using LINUX (backtrack 5) as my virtual OS. The problem is i'm unable to connect to internet from my virtual OS. i'm using USB dongle (mobile broad band) to connect to internet from my host OS windows 7. I tried setting NAT in VM settings... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to connect to internet

Hello, I just installed CentOS 7 (Server with GUI) and guess what I could install Virtual Box Guest additions without installing any extra package/software which is great news ! Now bad news or not so great news. My Host OS is Windows 10, Virtual Box is the virtualization software. CentOS7-1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemind2005
0 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to connect guest VM to internet (QEMU via both 'User-mode networking' and 'TUN/TAP')

Hello, I installed FreeBSD 10.3 on AQEMU. I can't connect to internet in none of the modes of "Default, User-Mode Networking" and "TUN/TAP Networking". I am able to ping my host in the TAP networking mode (192.168.1.33 which is my IP addr in guest), but getting 'no route to host' for any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies
Regexp::Common::net(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Regexp::Common::net(3)

NAME
Regexp::Common::net -- provide regexes for IPv4 addresses. SYNOPSIS
use Regexp::Common qw /net/; while (<>) { /$RE{net}{IPv4}/ and print "Dotted decimal IP address"; /$RE{net}{IPv4}{hex}/ and print "Dotted hexadecimal IP address"; /$RE{net}{IPv4}{oct}{-sep => ':'}/ and print "Colon separated octal IP address"; /$RE{net}{IPv4}{bin}/ and print "Dotted binary IP address"; /$RE{net}{MAC}/ and print "MAC address"; /$RE{net}{MAC}{oct}{-sep => " "}/ and print "Space separated octal MAC address"; } DESCRIPTION
Please consult the manual of Regexp::Common for a general description of the works of this interface. Do not use this module directly, but load it via Regexp::Common. This modules gives you regular expressions for various style IPv4 and MAC (or ethernet) addresses. $RE{net}{IPv4} Returns a pattern that matches a valid IP address in "dotted decimal". Note that while 318.99.183.11 is not a valid IP address, it does match "/$RE{net}{IPv4}/", but this is because 318.99.183.11 contains a valid IP address, namely 18.99.183.11. To prevent the unwanted matching, one needs to anchor the regexp: "/^$RE{net}{IPv4}$/". For this pattern and the next four, under "-keep" (See Regexp::Common): $1 captures the entire match $2 captures the first component of the address $3 captures the second component of the address $4 captures the third component of the address $5 captures the final component of the address $RE{net}{IPv4}{dec}{-sep} Returns a pattern that matches a valid IP address in "dotted decimal" If "-sep=P" is specified the pattern P is used as the separator. By default P is "qr/[.]/". $RE{net}{IPv4}{hex}{-sep} Returns a pattern that matches a valid IP address in "dotted hexadecimal", with the letters "A" to "F" capitalized. If "-sep=P" is specified the pattern P is used as the separator. By default P is "qr/[.]/". "-sep=""" and "-sep=" "" are useful alternatives. $RE{net}{IPv4}{oct}{-sep} Returns a pattern that matches a valid IP address in "dotted octal" If "-sep=P" is specified the pattern P is used as the separator. By default P is "qr/[.]/". $RE{net}{IPv4}{bin}{-sep} Returns a pattern that matches a valid IP address in "dotted binary" If "-sep=P" is specified the pattern P is used as the separator. By default P is "qr/[.]/". $RE{net}{MAC} Returns a pattern that matches a valid MAC or ethernet address as colon separated hexadecimals. For this pattern, and the next four, under "-keep" (See Regexp::Common): $1 captures the entire match $2 captures the first component of the address $3 captures the second component of the address $4 captures the third component of the address $5 captures the fourth component of the address $6 captures the fifth component of the address $7 captures the sixth and final component of the address This pattern, and the next four, have a "subs" method as well, which will transform a matching MAC address into so called canonical format. Canonical format means that every component of the address will be exactly two hexadecimals (with a leading zero if necessary), and the components will be separated by a colon. The "subs" method will not work for binary MAC addresses if the Perl version predates 5.6.0. $RE{net}{MAC}{dec}{-sep} Returns a pattern that matches a valid MAC address as colon separated decimals. If "-sep=P" is specified the pattern P is used as the separator. By default P is "qr/:/". $RE{net}{MAC}{hex}{-sep} Returns a pattern that matches a valid MAC address as colon separated hexadecimals, with the letters "a" to "f" in lower case. If "-sep=P" is specified the pattern P is used as the separator. By default P is "qr/:/". $RE{net}{MAC}{oct}{-sep} Returns a pattern that matches a valid MAC address as colon separated octals. If "-sep=P" is specified the pattern P is used as the separator. By default P is "qr/:/". $RE{net}{MAC}{bin}{-sep} Returns a pattern that matches a valid MAC address as colon separated binary numbers. If "-sep=P" is specified the pattern P is used as the separator. By default P is "qr/:/". $RE{net}{domain} Returns a pattern to match domains (and hosts) as defined in RFC 1035. Under I{-keep} only the entire domain name is returned. RFC 1035 says that a single space can be a domainname too. So, the pattern returned by $RE{net}{domain} recognizes a single space as well. This is not always what people want. If you want to recognize domainnames, but not a space, you can do one of two things, either use /(?! )$RE{net}{domain}/ or use the "{-nospace}" option (without an argument). REFERENCES
RFC 1035 Mockapetris, P.: DOMAIN NAMES - IMPLEMENTATION AND SPECIFICATION. November 1987. SEE ALSO
Regexp::Common for a general description of how to use this interface. AUTHOR
Damian Conway damian@conway.org. MAINTAINANCE
This package is maintained by Abigail (regexp-common@abigail.be). BUGS AND IRRITATIONS
Bound to be plenty. For a start, there are many common regexes missing. Send them in to regexp-common@abigail.be. LICENSE and COPYRIGHT This software is Copyright (c) 2001 - 2009, Damian Conway and Abigail. This module is free software, and maybe used under any of the following licenses: 1) The Perl Artistic License. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL. 2) The Perl Artistic License 2.0. See the file COPYRIGHT.AL2. 3) The BSD Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.BSD. 4) The MIT Licence. See the file COPYRIGHT.MIT. perl v5.16.2 2010-02-23 Regexp::Common::net(3)