Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [HELP] Easy task
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions [HELP] Easy task Post 302897521 by justynykas on Monday 14th of April 2014 01:57:15 PM
Old 04-14-2014
[HELP] Easy task

I have a simple task for my school work. I'm new with unix, so i need help.
I need to write a scenario. Task is. From created txt file read first 3 words and create a 3 catalogs with those 3 words. 2 of those new catalogs should be transferred to other directory. If someone could help me just write code in this post Smilie Thank you Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help on installing an EASY to use and easy to install command line text editor

Hi again. Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming the boards a bit, but I figured I might as well ask all the questions I need answers to at once, and hopefully at least get some. I have installed Solaris 10 on a server. The default text editors are there (vi, ex, ed, maybe others, I know emacs is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EugeneG
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and Uncomment single task out of multiple task

I have a file contains TASK gsnmpproxy { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpProxy.exe } TASK gsnmpdbgui { CommandLine = $SMCHOME/bin/gsnmpdbgui.exe I would like to comment and than uncomment specific task eg TASK gsnmpproxy Pls suggest how to do in shell script (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

last task for my script

hi, infile- create table salary ( occupation_code char(40), earnings decimal(10,2), occ_yearend integer ); outfile- salary:create table salary salary:( occupation_code char(40), salary: earnings decimal(10,2), salary: occ_yearend integer salary:); Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

task

Hi all, I'm newbie and stuck here. Thanks for any help. Input(txt file) a b X c d Y e f Z g h W Requested output: a b X Y c d Y X e f Z W g h W Z Please use code tags when posting data and code samples! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Task

Hi experts, I have a problem with the below shell task: I need to modify the file creatin a paired row , per each row which matches filter (e.g. number of nonempty columns = 5) Output should look like this: second row is original one from the input, first row(red) is pairing row, it's... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
29 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallelize a task that have for

Dear all, I'm a newbie in programming and I would like to know if it is possible to parallelize the script: for l in {1..1000} do cut -f$l quase2 |tr "\n" "," |sed 's/$/\ /g' |sed '/^$/d' >a_$l.t done I tried: for l in {1..1000} do cut -f$l quase2 |tr "\n" "," |sed 's/$/\ /g' |sed... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: valente
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with an easy task

Hello everyone my name is Telis and i just registered in this forum.. i just started programming in linux shell and i need help with this easy task.. this is my code #!/bin/sh echo "What is your First name?" read name if ; then echo "Hello Master." else echo "Who are you?" fi when i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Telis
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can Anyone help me..to do my task in simple way..

Hi... I am trying extract data using 2 files.. 1. Data file - DATA.TXT containing data to be extracted 2. Column file - LIST.TXT header column to be extracted output not coming properly.. if the header field name matches with data file header extract data...this actually I wanted ... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
7 Replies
Padre::Task::Eval(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Padre::Task::Eval(3pm)

NAME
Padre::Task::Eval - Task for executing arbitrary code via a string eval SYNOPSIS
my $task = Padre::Task::Eval->new( prepare => '1 + 1', run => 'my $foo = sub { 2 + 3 }; $foo->();', finish => '$_[0]->{prepare}', ); $task->prepare; $task->run; $task->finish; DESCRIPTION
Padre::Task::Eval is a stub class used to implement testing and other miscellaneous functionality. It takes three named string parameters matching each of the three execution phases. When each phase of the task is run, the string will be eval'ed and the result will be stored in the same has key as the source string. If the key does not exist at all, nothing will be executed for that phase. Regardless of the execution result (or the non-execution of the phase) each phase will always return true. However, if the string eval throws an exception it will escape the task object (although when run properly inside of a task handle it should be caught by the handle). METHODS
This class contains now additional methods beyond the defaults provided by the Padre::Task API. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2012 The Padre development team as listed in Padre.pm. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-27 Padre::Task::Eval(3pm)