Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting While loop till length of line is great enough Post 302897499 by neutronscott on Monday 14th of April 2014 11:57:58 AM
Old 04-14-2014
Code:
awk -vstation="${xstation1}" '$1 == station{p=1}p&&length($0)>10{print $3,$4;exit}' stations_info.txt >> "${PROJECT}/sources.txt"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop till you find a string in a fine <-- Need Help New to Unix Scripting

Guys - I am new to Unix scripting and am in need for a script that does the following. I have bits and pieces created and tested but i am just having a little difficult time getting it all together. - Loop through till it finds a string in a specific file. Any help is greatly appreciated. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrehman
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print lines till till a pattern is matched in loop

Dear All I have a file like this 112534554 446538656 444695656 225696966 226569744 228787874 113536566 443533535 222564552 115464656 225445345 225533234 I want to cut the file into different parts where the first two columns are '11' . The first two columns will be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anoopvraj
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Problem in reading a file line by line till it reaches a white line

So, I want to read line-by-line a text file with unknown number of files.... So: a=1 b=1 while ; do b=`sed -n '$ap' test` a=`expr $a + 1` $here do something with b etc done the problem is that sed does not seem to recognise the $a, even when trying sed -n ' $a p' So, I cannot read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start reading from the nth line till the last line of a file.

Hi, For my reuirement, I have to read a file from the 2nd line till the last line<EOF>. Say, I have a file as test.txt, which as a header record in the first line followed by records in rest of the lines. for i in `cat test.txt` { echo $i } While doing the above loop, I have read... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the word from pattern line and update in subsequent lines till next pattern line reached

Hi, I have got the below requirement. please suggest. I have a file like, Processing Item is: /data/ing/cfg2/abc.txt /data/ing/cfg3/bgc.txt Processing Item is: /data/cmd/for2/ght.txt /data/kernal/config.klgt.txt I want to process the above file to get the output file like, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for length which exceeds specified length in a line

Hi, I have a issue, I need to loop through a comma delimited file and check for the length which exceeds specified length , if Yes truncate the string. But my problem is , I do not have to check for all the fields and the field lenght is not same for all the fields. For ex: Say my line... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rashmisb
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep with loop till search is done

I need help to put a script where it runs the svn command grep'ing for the ticket# in the comments to see if the ticket was used in the latest commit. so on command line: ./test.sh ticket-1 ticket-2 ticket-3 It should be able to check if ticket-1 is used first and if not then check if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iaav
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop till the files downloaded

Need assistance in writing a for loop script or any looping method. Below is the code where i can get all the files from the URL . There are about 80 files in the URL .Every day the files get updated . Script that i wanted is the loop must keep on running till it gets 80 files. It matches the count... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to read a file from particular line till required line and process

Hi All, Am trying to write wrapper shell/bash script on a utility tool for which i need to pass 2 files as arugment to execute utility tool. Wraper script am trying is to do with above metion 2 files. utility tool accepts : a. userinfo file : which contains username b. item file : which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiline to one line till a blank line

Hello, I have a file as :- ABC DEF GHI JKL <BlankLine> MNO PQR STU VWX <BlankLine> YZA I need it as below:- ABCDEFGHIJKL; MNOPQRSTUVWX; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jassi10781
3 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-move - Move or Rename ECaccess Files SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-move -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-move [-debug] source-ecaccess-file target-ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Allow moving an ECaccess File. When the move occurs within the same ECaccess File System then it is a rename. When the move occurs across two different ECaccess File Systems then first a copy is done and then a delete of the original file is done (e.g. similar to ecaccess- file-copy ... -erase). The source-ecaccess-file and target-ecaccess-file are in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
source-ecaccess-file The source ECaccess File name. target-ecaccess-file The target ECaccess File name. OPTIONS
-version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt ec:test2.txt Rename the test1.txt file in the ECFS directory of the authenticated user in test2.txt. ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt home:test2.txt Copy the test1.txt file from the ECFS directory of the authenticated user to the test2.txt file in the $HOME directory of the authenticated user, then delete the test1.txt file from ECFS. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)