Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to read a file without opening the file and delete last line? Post 302897325 by SriniShoo on Sunday 13th of April 2014 07:53:52 AM
Old 04-13-2014
Code:
sed '$ d' test > test.tmp && mv test.tmp test

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete file without opening vi

hi there guys, wonder if any gurus can help me out on this one... try searching the past threads but cant find anything. i have this huge file but when i use vi to open it it gives me the following error: <"pmrepserver.txt""/var/tmp/Ex86200" There is not enough space in the file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent help required in deleting a line without opening a file usinga shell script

Hi, I need a help in deleting a line matching a particular pattern in a file using shell script without opening the file. The file is a .c/.cpp file. Is it possible? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a particular text without opening the file.

Hi, Could someone tell me how to delete a particular text inside an existing file without opening the file? e.g. I have a text file called mytext.txt which contains three lines of text below and I want to delete “ ;” and delete the second line “b ;” including the carriage return. a ; b ; c ;... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent help needed to delete some text without opening the file in unix

Hi To delete some text in 2 files in line1 ( not complete line) in unix without opening the files. For example: source file is like this <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyaranoid
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Delete string without opening a file

Hi Experts, I have several big size file arround 900 MB. From the file I need to delete some common strings but without opening the file. here is example- in file <?xml version='1.0' encoding='ISO-8859-1' standalone='no'?> <LogItems> <log logid="8423b5ae190810252359350480/1/1/1"> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to read a line in gps receiver log file and append that line to new file

Hi, I have gps receiver log..its giving readings .like below Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'. GPSD,R=1 $GPGSV,3,1,11,08,16,328,40,11,36,127,00,28,33,283,39,20,11,165,00*71... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gudivada213
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: read file line by line (lines have '\0') - not full line has read???

I am using the while-loop to read a file. The file has lines with null-terminated strings (words, actually.) What I have by that reading - just a first word up to '\0'! I need to have whole string up to 'new line' - (LF, 10#10, 16#A) What I am doing wrong? #make file 'grb' with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo ls to a file and then read file and selectively delete

I'm trying to write a script that will do an ls of a location, echo it into a file, and then read that file and selectively delete files/folders, so it would go something like this: cd $CLEAN_LOCN ls >>$TMP_FILE while read LINE do if LINE = $DONTDELETE skip elseif LINE =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaureenT
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file line by line and process the line to generate another file

Hi, i have file which contains data as below(Only sample shown, it may contain more data similar to the one shown here) i need to read this file line by line and generate an output file like the one below i.e based on N value the number of MSISDNs will vary, if N=1 then the following... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
14 Replies

10. Solaris

Getting read only propmt when opening /etc/system file

root@atrcx146:/# vi /etc/system "/var/tmp/Exv9a4Rb" Read-only file system Please let me know the reason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marty11
1 Replies
Dist::Zilla::App::Command::test(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Dist::Zilla::App::Command::test(3pm)

NAME
Dist::Zilla::App::Command::test - test your dist VERSION
version 4.300020 SYNOPSIS
dzil test [ --release ] [ --no-author ] [ --automated ] [ --all ] DESCRIPTION
This command is a thin wrapper around the test method in Dist::Zilla. It builds your dist and runs the tests with the AUTHOR_TESTING environment variable turned on, so it's like doing this: export AUTHOR_TESTING=1 dzil build --no-tgz cd $BUILD_DIRECTORY perl Makefile.PL make make test A build that fails tests will be left behind for analysis, and dzil will exit a non-zero value. If the tests are successful, the build directory will be removed and dzil will exit with status 0. OPTIONS
--release This will run the test suite with RELEASE_TESTING=1 --automated This will run the test suite with AUTOMATED_TESTING=1 --no-author This will run the test suite without setting AUTHOR_TESTING --all Equivalent to --release --automated --author AUTHOR
Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Ricardo SIGNES. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 Dist::Zilla::App::Command::test(3pm)