Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Combining awk Inline and File Code Post 302897175 by Akshay Hegde on Friday 11th of April 2014 12:45:55 PM
Old 04-11-2014
No its ubuntu I like "Aix", its just hostname, infact all my servers lap has same name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / awk - inplace or inline edit

I need to remove the '&' from a file. In each line of the file, the fields are separated by ^K. I only want to remove '&' if it exists in field number 9. (example of field 9: abc&xyz) I need to do an in place/in line edit. So far I have accomplished the following: awk -F '^K' '{print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inline searc and replace inside file

Hello, I have a text file that i want to redirect into a new file , searching and replacing certain string during the opertaion. This should be done using shell script , so it should not be interactive. The script should get four parameters : source file target file source string target... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

inline code tags

How to add inline tags in the posts? Like in this thread post #4. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk - remove block of text, multiple actions for 'if', inline edit

I'm having a couple of issues. I'm trying to edit a nagios config and remove a host definition if a certain "host_name" is found. My thought is I would find host definition block containing the host_name I'm looking for and output the line numbers for the first and last lines. Using set, I will... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mglenney
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inline edit using sed / awk

Hi, I have file with all the lines as following format <namebindings:StringNameSpaceBinding xmi:id="StringNameSpaceBinding" name="ENV_CONFIG_PATH" nameInNameSpace="COMP/HOD/MYSTR/BACKOFFICE/ENV_CONFIG_PATH" stringToBind="test"/> I want to replace (all the lines) value of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuklaa02
8 Replies

6. Programming

Perl : Inline program to determine file size

Hi, I have 5 files as below $ ll sam* -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 0 Mar 21 06:06 sam3 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 0 Apr 3 22:41 sam2 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 17335 Apr 10 06:07 sam1 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 5 Apr 10 07:53 sam5 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 661 Apr 10 08:16 sam4 I want to list out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem - combining awk statements

i have a datafile that has several lines that look like this: 2,dataflow,Sun Mar 17 16:50:01 2013,1363539001,2990,excelsheet,660,mortar,660,4 using the following command: awk -F, '{$3=strftime("%a %b %d %T %Y,%s",$3)}1' OFS=, $DATAFILE | egrep -v "\-OLDISSUES," | ${AWK} "/${MONTH} ${DAY}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract xml attribute values using awk inline.?

I am trying to extract specific XML attribute values for search pattern <factories.*baseQueueName' from resources.xml. my scripts works ok,, but to extract 3 values this code does echo $line three times, it could be 'n' times. How can I use awk to extract matching pattern values in-line or... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup in another file and conditionally modify it inline

Hi, I have an issue where i need to lookup in a given transaction file and if the same transaction is found in another file, then i need to replace a few columns with some other value. Finally, the changed and unchanged lines must be printed and stored in the same source file. for example... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorcfc
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining awk code into one

the following code works perfectly for me: # AWK 1 gawk -F, '/,'${ThisMonthDOW}' '${ThisMonthMON}' :: '${ThisMonthYEA}',/ { if (NF == 10) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
English(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      English(3pm)

NAME
English - use nice English (or awk) names for ugly punctuation variables SYNOPSIS
use English; use English qw( -no_match_vars ) ; # Avoids regex performance penalty # in perl 5.16 and earlier ... if ($ERRNO =~ /denied/) { ... } DESCRIPTION
This module provides aliases for the built-in variables whose names no one seems to like to read. Variables with side-effects which get triggered just by accessing them (like $0) will still be affected. For those variables that have an awk version, both long and short English alternatives are provided. For example, the $/ variable can be referred to either $RS or $INPUT_RECORD_SEPARATOR if you are using the English module. See perlvar for a complete list of these. PERFORMANCE
NOTE: This was fixed in perl 5.20. Mentioning these three variables no longer makes a speed difference. This section still applies if your code is to run on perl 5.18 or earlier. This module can provoke sizeable inefficiencies for regular expressions, due to unfortunate implementation details. If performance matters in your application and you don't need $PREMATCH, $MATCH, or $POSTMATCH, try doing use English qw( -no_match_vars ) ; . It is especially important to do this in modules to avoid penalizing all applications which use them. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 English(3pm)