Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Combining awk Inline and File Code Post 302897168 by vgersh99 on Friday 11th of April 2014 12:09:36 PM
Old 04-11-2014
you can have a separate directory with all your library files, and specify absolute/relative paths for libs and a -f for your 'core' script. [not sure I'm addressing your concern tho Smilie]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed / awk - inplace or inline edit

I need to remove the '&' from a file. In each line of the file, the fields are separated by ^K. I only want to remove '&' if it exists in field number 9. (example of field 9: abc&xyz) I need to do an in place/in line edit. So far I have accomplished the following: awk -F '^K' '{print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inline searc and replace inside file

Hello, I have a text file that i want to redirect into a new file , searching and replacing certain string during the opertaion. This should be done using shell script , so it should not be interactive. The script should get four parameters : source file target file source string target... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

inline code tags

How to add inline tags in the posts? Like in this thread post #4. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk - remove block of text, multiple actions for 'if', inline edit

I'm having a couple of issues. I'm trying to edit a nagios config and remove a host definition if a certain "host_name" is found. My thought is I would find host definition block containing the host_name I'm looking for and output the line numbers for the first and last lines. Using set, I will... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mglenney
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inline edit using sed / awk

Hi, I have file with all the lines as following format <namebindings:StringNameSpaceBinding xmi:id="StringNameSpaceBinding" name="ENV_CONFIG_PATH" nameInNameSpace="COMP/HOD/MYSTR/BACKOFFICE/ENV_CONFIG_PATH" stringToBind="test"/> I want to replace (all the lines) value of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuklaa02
8 Replies

6. Programming

Perl : Inline program to determine file size

Hi, I have 5 files as below $ ll sam* -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 0 Mar 21 06:06 sam3 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 0 Apr 3 22:41 sam2 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 17335 Apr 10 06:07 sam1 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 5 Apr 10 07:53 sam5 -rw-rw-rw- 1 sam ugroup 661 Apr 10 08:16 sam4 I want to list out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem - combining awk statements

i have a datafile that has several lines that look like this: 2,dataflow,Sun Mar 17 16:50:01 2013,1363539001,2990,excelsheet,660,mortar,660,4 using the following command: awk -F, '{$3=strftime("%a %b %d %T %Y,%s",$3)}1' OFS=, $DATAFILE | egrep -v "\-OLDISSUES," | ${AWK} "/${MONTH} ${DAY}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract xml attribute values using awk inline.?

I am trying to extract specific XML attribute values for search pattern <factories.*baseQueueName' from resources.xml. my scripts works ok,, but to extract 3 values this code does echo $line three times, it could be 'n' times. How can I use awk to extract matching pattern values in-line or... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup in another file and conditionally modify it inline

Hi, I have an issue where i need to lookup in a given transaction file and if the same transaction is found in another file, then i need to replace a few columns with some other value. Finally, the changed and unchanged lines must be printed and stored in the same source file. for example... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorcfc
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining awk code into one

the following code works perfectly for me: # AWK 1 gawk -F, '/,'${ThisMonthDOW}' '${ThisMonthMON}' :: '${ThisMonthYEA}',/ { if (NF == 10) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
sdl-config(1)						      General Commands Manual						     sdl-config(1)

NAME
sdl-config - script to get information about the installed version of SDL SYNOPSIS
sdl-config [ --prefix= DIR] [ --exec-prefix= DIR] [ --version ] [ --libs | --library-libs | --plugin-libs ] [ --cflags ] DESCRIPTION
sdl-config is a tool that is used to configure and determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link pro- grams, libraries, and plugins that use SDL. It is also used internally by the m4 macros that are included with SDL. OPTIONS
--cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program or library that uses SDL. --exec-prefix=DIR If specified, use DIR instead of the installation exec prefix that SDL was build with when computing the output for the --cflags, --libs, --library-libs, and --plugin-libs options. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags, --libs, --library- libs, and --plugin-libs options. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a program that uses SDL. --static-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to statically link a program that uses SDL. --library-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link a library that uses SDL. (This excludes any static objects required for linking, since these must be linked only by executable programs.) --plugin-libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link an SDL-using object that is to be accessed via dlopen(3). This may include static objects with PIC symbol information. This option should not be used for ordinary shared libraries or standalone applications. --prefix=DIR If specified, use PREFIX instead of the installation prefix that SDL was built with when computing the output for the --cflags, --libs, --library-libs, and --plugin-libs options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if --exec-prefix was not specified. This option must be specified before any of the --cflags, --libs, --library-libs, and --plugin-libs options. --version Prints the currently installed version of SDL on standard output. EXAMPLES
gcc -o main.o $(sdl-config --cflags) main.c is how you might use sdl-config to compile a C source file for an executable program. gcc -o my_app $(sdl-config --libs) main.o util.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into an executable program. gcc -o libSDL_nifty-1.2.so.0.0.1 $(sdl --library-libs) read.o write.o munge.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into a shared library. gcc -o libnifty_xmms.so $(sdl --plugin-libs) stream.o blit.o deinterlace.o is how you might use sdl-config to link compiled objects into a plugin for use by another program. AUTHOR
The Simple DirectMedia Layer (SDL) library was written by Sam Lantinga. This manual page was written by Branden Robinson, originally for Progeny Linux Systems, Inc., and the Debian Project. SDL 1.2 2001-12-25 sdl-config(1)