Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Job Interview
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Job Interview Post 302897109 by Barnicle on Friday 11th of April 2014 02:35:31 AM
Old 04-11-2014
Job Interview

Hi, I'm new to the forums!

I'm currently in the process of changing careers back into IT after a 2 year hiatus. I had an interview at a big company for a Linux Systems Administrator role and have been called back for a second interview in which they are going to grill me with Linux questions.

Any Linux gurus here that can take a guess at what kind of questions I can expect?

Last time I sat through one of these I clearly had applied for a position that was more senior as oppose to junior, but I expect the questions to be along the same lines, I just cannot remember what they asked. Some questions I do remember were related to file systems and where one would find a particular file.

I have used Linux in the past but being out of the game there is just too much to remember off the top of my head and I'm nervous. Please help! Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing unix job after the job process completes

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtazv
1 Replies

2. Solaris

killing a unix job after the job process gets completed

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to insert child job under a box job?

I have this box job and it contains only one job under it which is to load a file. I want to insert a "File Watcher", "Copy File" to it? Have no clue how to do that...any help plzzz... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xejatt
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Interview questions

Hi guys, Interview Questions:- 1) There are 2 ways to create a slice in Solaris 1) we can create using format command but there say other than format 1more within sec. we can create a slice. 2) ? 2) How to create a temperory SWAP Space 3) How to check the Devices from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start a Job after finding the Old job completed

Hi Experts, I need a script advice to schedule 12 jobs ( SAS Codes execute back ground ). Algorithem: 1. Script checks first job. 2. Finds first job is done; invoke second job. 3. finds second job is done; invoke third job. .. Request you to please assist. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerald Nathan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

autosys job configuration for job failure.

We need to configure autosys that when a job fails continously for 3 times, we need to call another job. Is this possible in Autosys, or can anyone advice on the alternative. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suggestions for the interview

Hi guys, i'm undergoing a traning in solaris administration and i request if any one have an idea on the interview questions on solaris. thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 038karthik
3 Replies
DROP 
ROLE(7) SQL Commands DROP ROLE(7) NAME
DROP ROLE - remove a database role SYNOPSIS
DROP ROLE [ IF EXISTS ] name [, ...] DESCRIPTION
DROP ROLE removes the specified role(s). To drop a superuser role, you must be a superuser yourself; to drop non-superuser roles, you must have CREATEROLE privilege. A role cannot be removed if it is still referenced in any database of the cluster; an error will be raised if so. Before dropping the role, you must drop all the objects it owns (or reassign their ownership) and revoke any privileges the role has been granted. The REASSIGN OWNED [reassign_owned(7)] and DROP OWNED [drop_owned(7)] commands can be useful for this purpose. However, it is not necessary to remove role memberships involving the role; DROP ROLE automatically revokes any memberships of the target role in other roles, and of other roles in the target role. The other roles are not dropped nor otherwise affected. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the role does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name of the role to remove. NOTES
PostgreSQL includes a program dropuser [dropuser(1)] that has the same functionality as this command (in fact, it calls this command) but can be run from the command shell. EXAMPLES
To drop a role: DROP ROLE jonathan; COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard defines DROP ROLE, but it allows only one role to be dropped at a time, and it specifies different privilege requirements than PostgreSQL uses. SEE ALSO
CREATE ROLE [create_role(7)], ALTER ROLE [alter_role(7)], SET ROLE [set_role(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP ROLE(7)