Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Celisus & fahrenheit table converter with fields + increments Post 302897034 by xtina on Thursday 10th of April 2014 02:36:30 PM
Old 04-10-2014
Java Celisus & fahrenheit table converter with fields + increments

no longer needed, please delete thread.

Last edited by xtina; 04-15-2014 at 12:20 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Working with field increments

I have a new challenge that I need some help with. Each morning I have two files that contain working units and failed units that I join together to form file3 which is FTP to server for comparison against billing system. My problem, I would like to take joined data in file3 and add a field... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greengrass
2 Replies

2. Programming

ip address octet increments

Hi all, Situation is as below. I would get an IP address and port from eithe r a file or command line. It probably would be as char * or string. So was wondering how I could accept this and increment the last octets? Incrementing the port is fine. I could get that into an integer by atoi()... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naanu
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding & Replacing specific Fields

All I have a very large file (aproximately 150,000) as shown below separated by pipe "|". I need to replace data in 2, 16, 17, 23 fields that are of time stamp format. My goal is to look in those fields and it ends with "000000|" then replace it with "000|". In other words, make it as 6 digit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddraj2015
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash scripting] Generating a table with aligned fields

Hi everyone, I want to write a function which calculates the space needed between fields, to generate a table with aligned fields, like when you type "ls -l", the operating system generates a table with beautifully aligned fields. I've got this code so far: for line in $(cat tmpSearch)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aveltium
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Averaging in increments using awk & head/tail

Hi, I only have a very limited understanding and experience with writing code and I was hoping I could get some help. I have a dataset of two columns (txt format, numbers in each row separated by a tab) Eg. 1 5 2 5 3 6 4 7 5 6 6 6 7 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Emred_Skye
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increments in a loop

Hi All, I am trying to implement a for loop in a .sh file and execute it. My for loop is for i in 1, 200, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200,......100000 do ... .. .. done As you could see there is an increment of 200 in each for loop until it reaches 100,000 Instead of specifying all the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort & uniq on specific fields problem

Hello; I have the output data set from: egrep -i 'warning| error| fail' /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log Jan 31 12:02:18 fidsrv vmunix: LVM: WARNING: VG 128 0x001000: LV 5: Some I/O requests to this LV are waiting Jan 31 12:02:23 fidsrv vmunix: Asynchronous write failed on LUN (dev=0x100000f)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find & Replace identifiers using a conversion table

Hi ! I have input.tab with one column containing Item IDs under a number format (the second column is the Location of this item): Location Item ID rack1 12; 35; 43 rack35 23; 894; 5478; 98 etc... (The number of Items per row is variable. Item IDs in a same field are... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting from Centigrade to Fahrenheit and vice versa.

I need to write a script that will take the input from a file and convert the number from centigrade to fahrenheit and vice versa. This is what I have but it doesn't seem to be correct. Also the data file has 11 numbers inside of it and the output needs to be listed as so: Fahrenheit Temperature... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: N1ckNak
18 Replies
PTHREAD_ATTR(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   PTHREAD_ATTR(3)

NAME
pthread_attr_init, pthread_attr_destroy -- thread attribute operations LIBRARY
POSIX Threads Library (libpthread, -lpthread) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_attr_init(pthread_attr_t *attr); int pthread_attr_destroy(pthread_attr_t *attr); DESCRIPTION
Thread attributes are used to specify parameters to pthread_create(). One attribute object can be used in multiple calls to pthread_create(), with or without modifications between the calls. The pthread_attr_t type is an opaque representation of the thread attributes; any access to the object other than via the described pthread_attr_*() functions may result in undefined behavior. The pthread_attr_init() function initializes attr with the default thread attributes used in the implementation. Depending on the implemen- tation, undefined behavior may follow if an uninitialized thread attribute object is used with some of the thread attribute functions. It is therefore a good practice to always use pthread_attr_init(), even if this might be unnecessary. Undefined behavior may also follow if an already initialized attr is used with pthread_attr_init(). When the attribute object is no longer needed, it should be destroyed by using pthread_attr_destroy(). The function has no effect on threads that were created by using a given attribute object. A destroyed attr can be reinitialized using pthread_attr_init(), but all other actions with the destroyed object are unspecified. The following standard thread attribute functions are available: Function Description pthread_attr_getdetachstate(3) thread detach state pthread_attr_getguardsize(3) thread guard size pthread_attr_getinheritsched(3) inherit scheduler attribute pthread_attr_getschedparam(3) thread scheduling parameter pthread_attr_getschedpolicy(3) thread scheduling policy pthread_attr_getscope(3) thread contention scope pthread_attr_getstack(3) thread stack pthread_attr_getstacksize(3) thread stack size pthread_attr_getstackaddr(3) thread stack address Each listed pthread_attr_get*() function contains a pthread_attr_set*() counterpart. In addition, the following NetBSD specific extensions are available: Function Description pthread_attr_get_np(3) attributes of a running thread pthread_attr_getname_np(3) descriptive name of an attribute RETURN VALUES
If successful, these functions return 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
No errors are defined for pthread_attr_init() and pthread_attr_destroy(). SEE ALSO
pthread_create(3), pthread_join(3) STANDARDS
Both pthread_attr_init() and pthread_attr_destroy() conform to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
July 9, 2010 BSD