Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sed/awk to find negative numbers and replace with 1? Post 302897024 by vgersh99 on Thursday 10th of April 2014 01:43:20 PM
Old 04-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefingers
This works like a charm, except that it takes a tab-delimited file and returns a space-delimited file. My fault for not mentioning it in the original post.
Code:
awk '{$2=($2<0)?1:$2}1' OFS=='\t'  myFile

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[sed/awk] find info and replace

Hi :) I have some problems with "FOR"... I have a text file in this format: name1 www.link1/random_number name2 www.link2/random_number name3 www.link3/random_number ... (Names and info changes) Now, I need: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspire
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a column that has '' to NULL in a comma delimited using awk or sed

Hi this is my first time posting ever. I'm relatively new in using AWK/SED, I've been trying many a solution. I'm trying to replace the 59th column in a file where if I encounter '' then I would like to replace it with the word NULL. example 0 , '' , '' , 0 , 195.538462 change it to 0... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gumal901
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace with variable using sed or awk

hi, i have file say email.temp looks like Bell_BB 17 Bell_MONTHLY 888 SOLO_UNBEATABLE 721 and another file r3 Bell BB,Bell_BB Bell,Bell_MONTHLY SOLO,SOLO_UNBEATABLE i want email.temp files $1 say Bell_BB should be replaced by r3 Bell BB and Bell_MONTHLY by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.cse
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find all numbers > x and replace with y within a file

How would I do this? How could i use <> symbols for numbers in the find/replace code below? perl -pi -e 's/test/tst/' OR is there a better way? 100 5000 2 432 4 2 33 4 5 6 65 300 301 needs to be: 100 300 2 300 4 2 33 4 5 6 65 300 300 also it might not always need spaces... i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: herot
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed&awk: replace lines with counting numbers

Dear board, (I am trying to post this the 3rd time, seems there's some conflicts with my firefox with this forum, now use IE) ------ yes, I have searched the forum, but seems my ? is too complicated. ------------origianl file --------------- \storage\qweq\ertert\ertert\3452\&234\test.rec... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oUo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to find and replace multiple numbers

I have looked around and there are several examples of how to use sed, but I don't think any of them help me very much with what I am trying to do. I have a text file like this.... 1! SRCNAM = 00001 ! 1! X = 50.0000, 0.0000,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercury.int
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selective Replacements: Using sed or awk to replace letters with numbers in a very specific way

Hello all. I am a beginner UNIX user who is using UNIX to work on a bioinformatics project for my university. I have a bit of a complicated issue in trying to use sed (or awk) to "find and replace" bases (letters) in a genetics data spreadsheet (converted to a text file, can be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mince
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a row, replace negative sign and find minimum value among four columns

Hi Friends, I have an input file like this chr1 100 200 1 2 3 4 chr1 150 200 4 5 6 7 chr2 300 400 9 6 7 1 chr2 300 410 -10 21 -11 13 chr3 700 900 -21 -22 130 165 Now, my output file is chr1 100 200 1 chr1 150 200 4 chr2 300 400 1 chr2 300 410 10 chr3 700 900 21 Remove... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk -Find and Replace

All, I have thousands of lines in a file with following format DATA=_ONE_XXX_YYY_CCC_HHHG_ DATA1=_GGG_JJJJ_HHH_UUU_JJJJ_HHHH_LLL_ DATA3=_MMM_GG_NN_QQQQ_FFF_III_ I want to replace _ with . by ignoring the first (=_) and last (_) So that out put should looks like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed to replace / between the two numbers

i Have a file as following view pz19a0c0/1000T_J_3MoDw9DSLh1ZsCubdua-LKOQmbtiVgkIsiMbSiwF467?sessionId=15451401994597121249 view pz19a0c0/100086X67pR0MwzWnhhSO6sAEoxeFMyhh-IIbUCCdxicaQM4FC9?sessionId=154514019945971212494898 view/cart ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
5 Replies
PSC(1)							      General Commands Manual							    PSC(1)

NAME
psc - prepare sc files SYNOPSIS
psc [-fLkrSPv] [-s cell] [-R n] [-C n] [-n n] [-d c] DESCRIPTION
Psc is used to prepare data for input to the spreadsheet calculator sc(1). It accepts normal ascii data on standard input. Standard out- put is a sc file. With no options, psc starts the spreadsheet in cell A0. Strings are right justified. All data on a line is entered on the same row; new input lines cause the output row number to increment by one. The default delimiters are tab and space. The column for- mats are set to one larger than the number of columns required to hold the largest value in the column. OPTIONS
-f Omit column width calculations. This option is for preparing data to be merged with an existing spreadsheet. If the option is not specified, the column widths calculated for the data read by psc will override those already set in the existing spreadsheet. -L Left justify strings. -k Keep all delimiters. This option causes the output cell to change on each new delimiter encountered in the input stream. The default action is to condense multiple delimiters to one, so that the cell only changes once per input data item. -r Output the data by row first then column. For input consisting of a single column, this option will result in output of one row with multiple columns instead of a single column spreadsheet. -s cell Start the top left corner of the spreadsheet in cell. For example, -s B33 will arrange the output data so that the spreadsheet starts in column B, row 33. -R n Increment by n on each new output row. -C n Increment by n on each new output column. -n n Output n rows before advancing to the next column. This option is used when the input is arranged in a single column and the spreadsheet is to have multiple columns, each of which is to be length n. -d c Use the single character c as the delimiter between input fields. -P Plain numbers only. A field is a number only when there is no imbedded [-+eE]. -S All numbers are strings. -v Print the version of psc SEE ALSO
sc(1) AUTHOR
Robert Bond PSC 7.16 19 September 2002 PSC(1)