Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Storing a variable using sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Storing a variable using sed Post 302897006 by vgersh99 on Thursday 10th of April 2014 12:03:58 PM
Old 04-10-2014
Code:
s/SDV/STR/

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing the output into a variable

Hi unix gurus, I am trying to store the result of a command into a variable. But it is not getting stored. x='hello' y=echo $x | wc -c but it is giving the output as 0(zero) Pls help me its very urgent (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing a variable?

I'm writing a bash shell script to backup several mysql databases. This script will run on a daily basis and send a copy to a remote FTP repository. The filenames are in the format DATE.backup.sql. How do I store the DATE variable so I can delete/move/etc the file on the FTP server the next time... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoover90
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - searching for string and storing in variable

Hi I'm trying to find a way to search a text file for a specific string. I have a file which contains i.p. addresses and port numbers in the following format: 'ip="www.xxx.yyy.zzz"' 'port="xx""' I want to print only the parts between the double quotes for use in seperate variables,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melias
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing a command in a variable

how would i go about storing this command in a variable echo "$LINE" | awk -F"|" '{print $1"|"$2"|"$3"}' i have tried FOO = ${command up there} but receive the error FOO: not found aswell as a couple of other attempt but no luck (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nookie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing value in a variable

Hi Everyone, I have a code which requires to be stored in different variables and I am achiving it like this. HOST=`echo $RMP | cut -f2 -d:` NAME=`echo $RMP | cut -f3 -d:` DIR=`echo $RMP | cut -f4 -d:` TYPE=`echo $RMP | cut -f5 -d:` Is there any other way of storing value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

About storing the value of wc -l into a variable and then using this value in while

Hi all, I m new to this forum. I ma facing onei issue. I have something like this: length= wc -l < b2| awk '{print $1}' where b2 is filename having detauls like: cat b2 abc1 abc4 xyc3 sbdghf4 but when I do echo "$length" it displays nothing Also I am using awk to overcome... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: student2009
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing a field within a variable

Hi, I need to figure out a way to to capture the contents of a field that is separated by a pipe sign. Example Data: -100F| some other description -10C| some description | some description As you can see, the length of the field on the left of the pipe can be any length and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doza22
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing all the PID's in a variable.

Hi, ps -ef|awk '{print $2}' i want to store the result of the above command in a variable. I never worked with arrays in shell scripting. i tried the below code: set a=`ps -ef|awk '{print $2}'` But echo $a returns null. I want to store the content in a variable and retrieve it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing output into a variable

My script below seems to be choking because I need the the output of the find command to be stored as a variable that can then be called by used lower in the script. #!/bin/bash cd "/resumes_to_be_completed" var1=find . -mmin -1 -type f \( -name "*.doc" -o -name "*.docx" \)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing variable as input & storing output in other variable

I have a below syntax its working fine... var12=$(ps -ef | grep apache | awk '{print $2,$4}') Im getting expected output as below: printf "%b\n" "${VAR12}" dell 123 dell 456 dell 457 Now I wrote a while loop.. the output of VAR12 should be passed as input parameters to while loop and results... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
5 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)