Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10 Post 302896934 by Corona688 on Thursday 10th of April 2014 04:15:29 AM
Old 04-10-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by insatiable1610
When i ping test from server to another server, sometimes server hold icmp packet 10 -> 30s same times with too much tcp retransmitt and tcp duplicate on server.
What's the network between the two?
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

configure TCP/IP for solaris 8

Hello, I have 4 unix (Solaris 8) stations need to setup on network. what is a easy way and quick to setup TCP/IP so I can bring it online?. Please advise! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phapvn
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Solaris 8 on Intel TCP/IP

I have just installed solaris 8 for Intel on one of my machines at home and I have a cable modem connection with a static IP and I am using a linksys cable/dsl router to assign IP's to my machines. I was wondering if any of you guys know the specific files and examples of the files I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggie316
2 Replies

3. Programming

Tcp Ip Server

i am programming a tcp_ip server which intends to listen permanently to a client . the client can disconnect and connect again and the server accept it(by this point it works).The problem is when the client lose connection without a disconnect command and my code can't get it and keeps waiting for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: massimo_ratti
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tcp-server

I have true64 Unix running and there a scales in the sytem which connect thru a com-server to the network. they have their own IP-address and are communicating over port 8000. when I telnet to the com-servers and the print function of the scale is executed I can see the data coming. I need to know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albinhess
1 Replies

5. Solaris

[help] very need help for solaris TCP

hi expert, hi all very need help please advice, i have v890 production server (gateway server) which running on telecommunication application (e.g USSD application) on this few month i have a problem with the connection to application server, for 2 - 3 hours the connection always down and cannot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
0 Replies

6. Programming

How to check TCP server status

Please tell me according to C/C++ socket programming; how client can check whether server is running or not during TCP communication. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

7. Solaris

TCP splicing for Solaris 10

Hi, How can I do tcp splicing in Solaris 10 ? Is there any software for this in solaris 10? Like in Linux there is "tcpsp-0.0.5.tar.gz" from following link: TCPSP Software - an open source TCP splicing implmentation Thanks n please help NeeleshG (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
1 Replies

8. Programming

Problem with tcp server

Hello @ all, I hope you can give me some advice :b: I will be following code for a tcp server and doStuff () function, the clients treated. From some point, I have several identical clients (zombies, I think), the same records in the database write. Has anyone an explanation? What can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yumos
1 Replies

9. Programming

Concurrent TCP client/server

I made a program and now I need to make it concurrent. Can someone pls help me do this ? The code is this: #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <sys/time.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <errno.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnny22
4 Replies

10. Solaris

TCP listner on Solaris server

Hi, I am having a solaris server. I want to start a dummy TCP listner on UNIX OS on a specific port can anyone please let me know the process. IP ADDRESS: 123.123.123.123 Port: 8010 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayank2211
1 Replies
tcp-env(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   tcp-env(1)

NAME
tcp-env - set up TCP-related environment variables SYNOPSIS
tcp-env [ -rR ] [ -ttimeout ] program [ arg ... ] DESCRIPTION
The input for tcp-env must be a TCP connection. tcp-env finds out information about that connection, puts the information into several environment variables as described in tcp-environ(5), and runs program with the given arguments. Usually tcp-env is run from inetd. It might instead be run from another server that already sets up the right environment variables; if PROTO is set to TCP when tcp-env is invoked, tcp-env assumes that all the other variables are set up properly, and it does not check whether the input is a TCP connection. OPTIONS
-r (Default.) Attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -R Do not attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -ttimeout Give up on the TCPREMOTEINFO connection attempt after timeout seconds. Default: 30. SEE ALSO
tcp-environ(5), inetd(8) tcp-env(1)