Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using glob() in python script in Linux Post 302896924 by kumar85shiv on Thursday 10th of April 2014 03:19:25 AM
Old 04-10-2014
Using glob() in python script in Linux

Hi
I need some suggestion on glob function.
I am trying to write a python program to grep some specific files in a particular directory.
In the directory i have some files like below
abc.log
abc.pid
abc.tar
gadd.tar
gat.log
gat.tar
in this directory i need to grep onlu my hostname files, my host name is abc, so the output should be
abc.log
abc.pid
abc.tar

I have written the program as below
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python
import os, re, tty, sys, termios, glob, subprocess, time, socket
userhome = os.getenv( 'HOME')
host = socket.gethostname()
os.chdir(userhome+'/.orbit')
host_files = glob.glob(-------) ##here I got struck.

Please help me how to fill glob.glob line in the above coding

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl IO vs GLOB symbols

Hi, Can someone please clarify how we are able to use both IO and GLOB symbols of a package variable interchangeably? Please consider the following code: open(FH,"myfile") || die "Unable to open file myfile:$@"; my $glob_var = *main::FH{GLOB}; my $io_var = *main::FH{IO}; print $glob_var... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasan_85
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Python Installation problems on Redhat Enterprise Linux.

Hi All, I have to upgrade python installed on my Redhat enterprise Linux 4. I downloaded the latest python package from python website but not able to install the new package as the make command itself goes on running for more than a day. Can some help me regarding this. Is ther any method to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen H
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux, Python and Graphics

Hi Experts, I am designing a web page in Python that shows a graphical representation of the load on the various computing nodes of the Linux server. I am currently using ReportLab to generate the charts and graphs, but I seem to have some problems with that. I've reviewed ChartDirector. It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidfrank
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

glob not matching all files in perl

I encountered a weird issue with globbing in perl not returning all files, while I was testing out a script for recursive dir-processing on my Synology NAS. Basically it didn't show (/match?) all the files in a specific directory. If I move the file to a different directory or even rename it, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: odyssey
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract only decimal numbers for a glob of text

If you have a look at this thread, you'll see that users have been posting the output a script which are numbers that range from 2 to 5 decimal places. If I dump this entire thread to txt file, how can I: 1) Delete everything except for numbers of the following formats (where 'x' is a digit and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python - glob () - How to grep same files with different extension files

Hi I Have a directory and i have some files below abc.txt abc.gif gtee.txt ghod.pid umni.log unmi.tar How can use glob function to grep abc files , i have created a variable "text" and i assigned value as "abc", please suggest me how can we use glob.glob( ) to get the output as below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using Linux python libraries in windows

I would like to know how or if I could use python packages/libraries meant for linux on windows. In particular there is a soya3d game engine for python but I can only find downloads for linux. Yet I want to create programs with it that work on windows. (python 3) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sprotz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use ./*glob*

I used this site to check a script. ShellCheck - shell script analysis tool Line 57: zip -u -q Desktop_Items.zip *.desktop ^-- SC2035: Use ./*glob* or -- *glob* so names with dashes won't become options. I do not understand what is wrong with my zip... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
6 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with user input including * (glob) and sed

Hello All, I have created a script that searches for different things and "sanitizes" the findings from files. Currently the user is required to put in a hostname (server.serverfarm.abc) one at a time to replace. I would like the user be able to use *.*.abc in grep and then pipe into sed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvezinat
1 Replies
FS_WHEREIS(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_WHEREIS(1)

NAME
       fs_whereis - Reports each file server housing a file or directory

SYNOPSIS
       fs whereis [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help]

fs whe [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The fs whereis command returns the name of each file server machine that houses the volume containing each directory or file named by the
       -path argument.

OPTIONS
       -path <dir/file path>+
	   Names each AFS file or directory for which to return the host file server machine. Partial pathnames are interpreted relative to the
	   current working directory, which is also the default value if this argument is omitted.

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

OUTPUT
       The output includes a line for each specified directory or file. It names the file server machine on which the volume that houses the
       specified directory or file resides. A list of multiple machines indicates that the directory or file is in a replicated volume.

Machine names usually have a suffix indicating their cell membership. If the cell is not clear, use the fs whichcell command to display the
       cell in which the directory or file resides. To display the cell membership of the local machine, use the fs wscell command.

EXAMPLES
       The following example indicates that volume housing the directory /afs/abc.com resides is replicated on both "fs1.abc.com" and
       "fs3.abc.com":

% fs whereis -path /afs/abc.com
	  File /afs/abc.com is on hosts fs1.abc.com fs3.abc.com

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       None

SEE ALSO
       fs_whichcell(1), fs_wscell(1)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							     FS_WHEREIS(1)