Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combine multiple lines into single line Post 302896887 by rakesh_411 on Wednesday 9th of April 2014 04:46:36 PM
Old 04-09-2014
Hello Alister,

Sorry for my delay response , I am running Linux (2.6) . Below is the error message I am receiving when running as

Code:

perl test.pl
syntax error at test.pl line 1, near "-ne"
Execution of test.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

However when I execute as below its running fine .
Code:

./test.pl

Again I apologies for not providing right information .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single line into multiple lines

I have a case where, I need to look into a file. Go to each line of the file, find the length of the line, if the length of the line is more than 75 chars, I need to split the line into multiple lines of 75chars max. If the length of the line is less than 75, we need not do anything. So at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thanuman
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing multiple lines with single line

Can any one give me the idea on replacing multiple blank lines with a single blank line? Please conside it for a file having more than 100 number of characters. Regards, Siba (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting multiple messy lines into one single line

I have a file that contains the following: :@:176:@:4:@:name:@:file:@:this is a summary:@:description can be long but who knows can even have <br> tags.:@:how to:@:type:@:18544:@:550:@:400:END: :@:177:@:9:@:name:@:file:@:summary:@:this will containg... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysrenan
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines into a single line

Hi, I've some files with the following data and i need to convert the lines between the separator ---, into a single line. I've tried with the paste cmd but my main problem is that the number of lines between the separator is not fix, it can very between 1-4 lines. Input --- 2010-02-22... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickyC9999
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple lines in single line

This is related to one of my previous post but now with a slight difference: I need the "Updated:" to be in one line as well as the "Information:" on one line as well. These are in multiple lines right now as seen below. These can have 2 or more lines that needs to be in one line. System name:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple lines in a single column to be merged as a single line for a record

Hi, I have a requirement with, No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg hhh" Single column alone got splitted into multiple lines. I require the output as No~Dt~Notes 1~2011/08/1~"aaa<>bbb<>ccc<>ddd<>eee<>fff<>ggg<>hhh" mean to say those new lines to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bhuvaneswari
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging multiple lines into single line

Hi, 1. Each message starts with date 2. There is blank line between each message 3. Each message does not contain same number of lines. Any help in merging multiple lines in each message to a single line is much appreciated. AIX: Korn Shell Error log file looks like below. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bala123
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making multiple lines as single line

Hi All, I have a spool file which as shown below. I want to make it as single line after every semicolon. In this case there should be 2 lines in vi editor. I am not used to use sed so could you guys please help me out ? exec spk_dba.sp_runsql('ALP','CREATE DATABASE LINK "TEST" CONNECT TO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolas38
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multiple lines into a single line

Hi all, I'm relatively new to scripting, I can do pretty basic things. I have a daily log file that looks like: timestamp=2017-06-28-01.01.35.080576; event status=0; userid=user1; authid=user1; application id=10.10.10.10.11111.12345678901; application name=GUI; ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwdnet
29 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multiple lines to single line

I have code as below # create temporary table `temp4277`(key(waybill_no)) select waybill_no,concat_ws('',card_type,card_series_no) cardinfo from rfid_temp_ticket where waybill_no='4277' group by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
4 Replies
Graph(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Graph(3pm)

NAME
SVG::Graph - Visualize your data in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format. SYNOPSIS
use SVG::Graph; use SVG::Graph::Data; use SVG::Graph::Data::Datum; #create a new SVG document to plot in... my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600,height=>600,margin=>30); #and create a frame to hold the data/glyphs my $frame = $graph->add_frame; #let's plot y = x^2 my @data = map {SVG::Graph::Data::Datum->new(x=>$_,y=>$_^2)} (1,2,3,4,5); my $data = SVG::Graph::Data->new(data => @data); #put the xy data into the frame $frame->add_data($data); #add some glyphs to apply to the data in the frame $frame->add_glyph('axis', #add an axis glyph 'x_absolute_ticks' => 1, #with ticks every one #unit on the x axis 'y_absolute_ticks' => 1, #and ticks every one #unit on the y axis 'stroke' => 'black', #draw the axis black 'stroke-width' => 2, #and 2px thick ); $frame->add_glyph('scatter', #add a scatterplot glyph 'stroke' => 'red', #the dots will be outlined #in red, 'fill' => 'red', #filled red, 'fill-opacity' => 0.5, #and 50% opaque ); #print the graphic print $graph->draw; DESCRIPTION
SVG::Graph is a suite of perl modules for plotting data. SVG::Graph currently supports plots of one-, two- and three-dimensional data, as well as N-ary rooted trees. Data may be represented as: Glyph Name Dimensionality supported 1d 2d 3d tree -------------------------------------------------------- Axis x Bar Graph x Bubble Plot x Heatmap Graph x Line Graph x Pie Graph x Scatter Plot x Spline Graph x Tree x SVG::Graph 0.02 is a pre-alpha release. Keep in mind that many of the glyphs are not very robust. PLOTTING
You need to create a SVG::Graph::Frame instance from the parent SVG::Graph instance for each set of data to be plotted. Datasets can be hierarchical, and to represent this, SVG::Graph::Frame instances can themselves contain subframes. SVG::Graph::Frame can contain: - multiple subframes as instances of SVG::Graph::Frame - a single SVG::Graph::Data instance - multiple SVG::Graph::Glyph instances with which to render the attached SVG::Graph::Data instance, and all SVG::Graph::Data instances attached to SVG::Graph::Frame subinstances See SVG::Graph::Frame and SVG::Graph::Glyph for details. ONE DATA SET 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); MULTIPLE DATA SETS 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. repeat [2-5] for each additional data set to be added. add_frame() can be called on SVG::Graph to add top-level data sets, or SVG::Graph::Frame to add hierarchical data sets. 7. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); FEEDBACK
Send an email to the svg-graph-developers list. For more info, visit the project page at http://www.sf.net/projects/svg-graph AUTHORS
Allen Day, <allenday@ucla.edu> Chris To, <crsto@ucla.edu> CONTRIBUTORS
James Chen, <chenj@seas.ucla.edu> Brian O'Connor, <boconnor@ucla.edu> SEE ALSO
SVG METHODS
new Title : new Usage : my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600, height=>600, margin=>20); Function: creates a new SVG::Graph object Returns : a SVG::Graph object Args : width => the width of the SVG height => the height of the SVG margin => margin for the root frame init Title : init Usage : Function: Example : Returns : Args : width Title : width Usage : $obj->width($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of width (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) height Title : height Usage : $obj->height($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of height (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) margin Title : margin Usage : $obj->margin($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of margin (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) svg Title : svg Usage : $obj->svg($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of svg (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) add_frame Title : add_frame Usage : my $frame = $graph->add_frame Function: adds a Frame to the current Graph Returns : a SVG::Graph::Frame object Args : a hash. usable keys: frame_transform (optional) 'top' default orientation 'bottom' rotates graph 180 deg (about the center) 'right' points top position towards right 'left' points top position towards left frames Title : frames Usage : get/set Function: Example : Returns : Args : xoffset Title : xoffset Usage : $obj->xoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of xoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) yoffset Title : yoffset Usage : $obj->yoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of yoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) draw Title : draw Usage : $graph=>draw Function: depends on child glyph implementations Returns : xmlifyied SVG object Args : none perl v5.10.0 2009-01-07 Graph(3pm)