Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Inserting Delimiters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inserting Delimiters Post 302896861 by rakesh_411 on Wednesday 9th of April 2014 02:26:08 PM
Old 04-09-2014
Thanks Akshay for the code , Apologies for not mentioning the delimeter but you had it right pipe delimiter is the one which I thought as well .
Also I think I got confused with my input and output .

Code:
Mar 18 13:16:10 machinename string
Mar 18 13:17:08 machinename string 1 string2 string 3
Mar 18 13:18:16 machinename string 1 string2 string 3 string 4

Desired output
Code:

Mar 18 |  13:16:10 | machinename | string
Mar 18 | 13:17:08 | machinename |  string 1  string2  string 3
Mar 18 13:18:16 machinename |  string 1  string2  string 3  string 4

The strings need not be delimiter with | . Apologies for confusion .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimiters missing

Hi I have a pipe-delimited file where I eventually need to replace a string stored on the 3th field on a specific record. This is how the file looks like: A|Mike|Lvl 1|... B|... A|Maria|Lvl 1|... C|... B|... A|Jimmy|Lvl 2|... C|... A|Carry|Lvl 0|... C|... B|... A|John|Lvl 8|...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indalecio
2 Replies

2. Solaris

To extract everything between two delimiters

My input file looks like " @$SCRIPT/atp_asrmt_adj.sql $SCRIPT/dba2000.scr -s / @$SCRIPT/cim1005w.pls $SCRIPT/dba2000.scr -s / @$SCRIPT/cim1006w.pls start $SCRIPT/cim1020d.sql;^M spool $DATA/cim1021m.sql @$DATA/cim1021m.sql ! rm $DATA/cim1021m.sql spool $DATA/cim1021m.sql... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dowsed4u8
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with delimiters

Hello, I have data in a file something like this - UNB+UNOA:1+006415160:1+AR0000012360:ZZ+080701:0552+2++DELFOR++++T'UNH+2+DELFOR:D:97A:UN Here, the delimiters used are + , : and ' . I have a set of such files in which these delimiters vary from one file to another. I am developing a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Observer
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two delimiters with AWK

Hello, this thread is more about scripting style than a specific issue. I've to grep from a output some lines and from them obtain a specific entry delimited by < and >. This is my way : 1) grep -i user list | awk '{FS="<";print $NF}' | sed -e 's/>//g' 2) grep -i user list | cut -d","... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split using two delimiters

I'm trying to do a split using two delimiters. The first delimiter is ": " (or we could call it :\s). The second is "\n". How can or these delimiters so I can toss the values into an array without issue? I tried @array = split /:\s|\n/, $myvar; This doesn't seem to be working. Any an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimiters in awk

Line from input file a : b : c " d " e " f : g : h " i " j " k " l output k b a Its taking 7th word when " is the delimiter, 2nd and 1st word when : is the delimiter and returning all in one line.... I am on solaris Thanks..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort with different delimiters

I have a file with the following lines in it: Inbound1:remote - - 01/Nov/2011:08:29:51 -0500 "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 2098 HTTP Inbound1:remote - - 02/Dec/2011:08:31:42 -0500 "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 2098 HTTP Inbound3:remote - - 01/Oct/2011:08:29:52 -0500 "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 2098 HTTP Inbound4:remote... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldman2
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting additional comma delimiters in a csv file, after and before certian fields.

Hello I have a csv file which I need to insert addtional commas into. The csv is of the format field1,field2,field3,field4,...etc...,field13,field14 I need to add extra commas in each record so that the final output looks like ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamal_p_99
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delimiters used in UNIX

Can you point me to information on the different delimited in UNIX like colon, spaces and tabs? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: momhef4
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimiters with awk?

I have a file which is separated by delimiter "|", but the prob is one of my column do contain delimiter as description so how can i differentiate it? PS : the delmiter does have backslash coming before it, if occurring in column Annual|Beleagured|Desc|Denver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
2 Replies
condor_store_cred(1)					      General Commands Manual					      condor_store_cred(1)

Name
       condor_store_cred securely - stash a password

Synopsis
       condor_store_cred [-help]

condor_store_credadd[ -c | -u username] [-p password] [-n machinename] [-f filename]

condor_store_creddelete[ -c | -u username] [-n machinename]

condor_store_credquery[ -c | -u username] [-n machinename]

Description
       condor_store_credstores passwords in a secure manner. There are two separate uses of condor_store_cred:

1.  A  shared  pool  password  is needed in order to implement the  PASSWORD authentication method. condor_store_cred using the -coption
	  deals with the password for the implied  condor_pool@$(UID_DOMAIN) user name.

On a Unix machine, condor_store_cred with the -foption is used to set the pool password, as needed when used with the  PASSWORD  authen-
	  tication method. The pool password is placed in a file specified by the  SEC_PASSWORD_FILE configuration variable.

2. In order to submit a job from a Windows platform machine, or to execute a job on a Windows platform machine utilizing the run_as_own-
	  erfunctionality, condor_store_cred stores the password of a user/domain pair securely in the Windows registry. Using this  stored  pass-
	  word,  Condor  may act on behalf of the submitting user to access files, such as writing output or log files. Condor is able to run jobs
	  with the user ID of the submitting user. The password is stored in the same manner as the system does when setting or  changing  account
	  passwords.

Passwords are stashed in a persistent manner; they are maintained across system reboots.

The  addargument on the Windows platform stores the password securely in the registry. The user is prompted to enter the password twice for
       confirmation, and characters are not echoed. If there is already a password stashed, the old password will be overwritten by the new  pass-
       word.

The deleteargument deletes the current password, if it exists.

The queryreports whether the password is stored or not.

Options
       -c

Operations refer to the pool password, as used in the  PASSWORD authentication method.

-f filename

For Unix machines only, generates a pool password file named filenamethat may be used with the  PASSWORD authentication method.

-help

Displays a brief summary of command options.

-n machinename

Apply the command on the given machine.

-p password

Stores password, rather than prompting the user to enter a password.

-u username

Specify the user name.

Exit Status
       condor_store_credwill exit with a status value of 0 (zero) upon success, and it will exit with the value 1 (one) upon failure.

Author
       Condor Team, University of Wisconsin-Madison

Copyright
       Copyright  (C)  1990-2012  Condor  Team,  Computer  Sciences Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI. All Rights Reserved.
       Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0.

See the Condor Version 7.8.2 Manualor http://www.condorproject.org/licensefor additional notices. condor-admin@cs.wisc.edu

September 2012					      condor_store_cred(1)