Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Ignite-ux and dhcp server Linux Post 302896835 by Linusolaradm1 on Wednesday 9th of April 2014 12:30:26 PM
Old 04-09-2014
Without dhcp it can take the address ip and don't start

---------- Post updated at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:22 AM ----------

I try this Configuring an Ignite Server to Boot Anonymous Itanium-Based Clients
but no work give me the same error pxe18 timeout

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DHCP Server Suggestions

I need to setup a DHCP server in our office for Macs, Windows (98/ME/NT/2000) Linux and Unix servers and workstations. We want it on a Unix server, but I'm unsure what is out there. The Unix world is new to me, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Corey (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coreyhead
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

without an ignite server ??

system: HP-UX 10.20 with HFS mounted. How can I convert the HFS to VxFS without an ignite server ? Is this possible ? thanks simon2000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

an ignite server for Solaris 8 ?

I know and used an ignite server for hp-ux, but is there such a beast for Solaris flavour of unix ? thanks simon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simon2000
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

DHCP server question

hi all... i have a question about of the dhcp server.... how i can configurate 3 vlans on the server....? thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

HP-UX Ignite server

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I can't find this particual problem. I've had an Ignite server running for years on a small internal network with images we load on daily basis. Tried to load two servers, L2000 and C3600 , both with same problem. # boot lan.192.168.2.2 install ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddeblance
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Ignite issue on HPUX server

Hi All, I am getting below error while igniting(restoring image) on 2470 server. i tried with different images it is giving same error. please help me out to resolve this issue * Making VxFS filesystem for "/usr/aethos/snss/suppimpapp1", (/dev/vg00/rsuppimpapp1). *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prabhu H
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

DHCP Server address

Where can you find your DHCP Server address? I checked all of the files that this mentioned with no luck. Quick HOWTO : Ch08 : Configuring the DHCP Server - Linux Home Networking (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

8. IP Networking

DHCP server discover

I need a script to scan the surrounding DHCP servers. I want to know how many dhcp servers are there on my connected etnernet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris DHCP Server

I need to find out the MAC address of an IP leased from DHCP server . For Eg:-i need to know the MAC of the below mentioned IP at the below mentioned time . IP : 172.16.28.90 Date :Sunday July 2nd 2011 Time : 14.07.2011 OS -Solaris 10 Vital QIP IP management software using to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.tk
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Server in VM - DHCP Server not working

Hello. Doing my first steps in Linux and while trying to configure a DHCP server in Linux i encountered some problems: TOPOLOGY: - Laptop with Windows 8.1 - VM Player 12 with Linux installed (Ubuntu Server 14.04) - ICS-DHCP-SERVER installed and running - Another LAPTOP conected to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Portuguevos
1 Replies
dhcping(8)						      General Commands Manual							dhcping(8)

NAME
dhcping - send a DHCP request to DHCP server to see if it's up and running SYNOPSIS
dhcping [-v] [-q] [-i] [-r] -t maxwait -c client-IP-address -s server-IP-address -h client-hardware-address [-g gateway-IP-address] DESCRIPTION
This command allows the system administrator to check if a remote DHCP server is still functioning. Options are: -v Verbose, print some information. -V Very verbose, print a lot of information. -i Use DHCPINFORM packets. -r Use DHCPREQUEST packets (default behaviour). -q Quiet, print nothing on the screen. -t maxwait Maximum time to wait for an answer from the server in seconds. Default is 3 seconds. -c client-IP-address Request this IP address. Note that this is also the IP address the answer will be sent to. -s server-IP-address Send the DHCP packet to this IP address. -h client-hardware-address Use this hardware-address in the DHCP request. It can be up to sixteen octets separated by colons (i.e. 01:02:03:04) -g gateway-IP-address Use this IP address for the gateway IP address in the DHCP packet. This option is currently broken. RETURN VALUES
If everything goes okay, it returns 0. If there went something wrong, it returns 1. SETUP
This program should be installed setuid root or ran by root only. See SECURITY for more information. On your DHCP server, add these lines to the dhcpd.conf: host <your monitoring host FQDN> { hardware ethernet <your monitor host mac address>; fixed-address <your monitoring host IP address>; } Then try it: $ dhcping -c your monitoring host IP address -s your DHCP server IP address -h your monitor host mac address It will either respond with "no answer" or "Got answer from: your DHCP server IP address" The DHCP server logfile will give: DHCPREQUEST for 192.168.1.1 from 00:20:18:56:29:8f via ed0 DHCPACK on 192.168.1.1 to 00:20:18:56:29:8f via ed0 DHCPRELEASE of 192.168.1.1 from 00:20:18:56:29:8f via ed0 (found) Running in DHCPINFORM mode with -i: If you see "DHCPINFORM from 192.168.1.1 via xl0: not authoritative for subnet 192.168.1.0", you should add the authoritative statement to the subnet, See dhcpd.conf(5) for details. When running in very verbose mode, dhcping tries to dump all data of the send and received DHCP packets. It will first dump the packet in hex-format, then decodes the header and finally the options. HOW IT WORKS
The client either sends a DHCPREQUEST or DHCPINFORM packet to the server and waits for an answer. Then, if a DHCPREQUEST was send, it will send a DHCPRELEASE back to the server. SECURITY
This program is installed setuid root as it requires the privileges to bind itself to port 68 (bootpc). Root privileges are dropped as soon as the program has bound itself to that port. BUGS
Currently (this may, or may not, change in the future) the ISC DHCP daemon does not write leases with a fixed IP address in the dhcpd.leases file. DHCPINFORM packets can only be used on subnets the server is authoritative for. If the monitoring script runs on a subnet the server isn't authoritative for, it should use the DHCPREQUEST packets. I also experienced some problems with ISC DHCPD v2 servers, but that is also in the README of it. The -V option is still working, but shouldn't be used for debugging of the packets. Better use dhcpdump(8) for that, which is available on my website. I wanted to remove it, but decided only to do it from the documentation, not from the code. Maybe I'll need it one day for debugging. AUTHOR
Edwin Groothuis, edwin@mavetju.org (http://www.mavetju.org) SEE ALSO
dhcpd(8), dhclient(8), dhcpd.conf(5), dhcpdump(8) 3rd Berkeley Distribution January 27, 2002 dhcping(8)