Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python - glob () - How to grep same files with different extension files Post 302896753 by kumar85shiv on Wednesday 9th of April 2014 06:08:38 AM
Old 04-09-2014
But the problem is

i assigned value from the command like below

text = socket.gethostname()

then i want to grep.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get files with a specific extension

Hi All, How do I get only the files with the .csv extension. I have a shell script something like below: #!/usr/bin/ #Directory to scan for files SCANDIR="/cmb/data/exstream/scriptslogs/"; LOGFILE="/cmb/data/exstream/scriptslogs/test.log"; cd $SCANDIR for FILE in * ; do FILENAME=$FILE... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: janavenki
9 Replies

2. HP-UX

Files without extension

I am brand new to hp unix systems. I see some files without extension on this system. If I type name of the file it shows me so many detail but does not take me back to command prompt. What are these files and how do I come back to command prompt? Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajahindustani
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

gzip files with extension

Hi, I have 1000 of files in a folder with the file extension as .csv In this some of the files are already zipped and its looks like filename.csv.gz Now i need to zip all the files in the folder to free some disk space. When i give gzip *.csv It prompts me to overwrite filename.csv.gz... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokiak810
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list files with no extension together with *.prog files?

Hi, I know that to list files with no extension, we can use.. ls -1 | grep -v "\." And to list .prog files, we can use.. ls -1 *.prog or ls -1 | grep '.prog$' (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

glob not matching all files in perl

I encountered a weird issue with globbing in perl not returning all files, while I was testing out a script for recursive dir-processing on my Synology NAS. Basically it didn't show (/match?) all the files in a specific directory. If I move the file to a different directory or even rename it, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: odyssey
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files extension one by one

Hi, I'm trying to do a script that move .Gz extension (one by one) in a new repertory called old-logs and then copy what's inside old-logs to a new.log but adding a date like this (something. gz: 2012:12:09). thanks in advance for your answers. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Froob
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to rename files to files with mv extension?

currently in my directories $ ls -lrth total 32K -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle oinstall 864 Feb 25 16:01 cor_bin_gateway_cnt.sql -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle oinstall 782 Feb 25 16:01 mer_bin_gateway_cnt.sql I want to rename files with *.sql to *.mv extension, but when I execute the following $ mv... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing extension of files

hi, i am having a certain files in a folder where i need to replace the extension with similar file name for eg 1.csv 2.csv 3.csv 4.csv i need to replace the extension 1.csv 1.txt 2.csv 2.txt 3.csv 3.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using glob() in python script in Linux

Hi I need some suggestion on glob function. I am trying to write a python program to grep some specific files in a particular directory. In the directory i have some files like below abc.log abc.pid abc.tar gadd.tar gat.log gat.tar in this directory i need to grep onlu my hostname files,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display the .csv extension files based on .done extension fine

Hi All, I want to fetch the files based on .done file and display the .csv files and Wil take .csv files for processing. 1.I need to display the .done files from the directory. 2.next i need to search for the .Csv files based on .done file.then move .csv files for the one directory ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija.g6
2 Replies
BOS_PRUNE(8)						       AFS Command Reference						      BOS_PRUNE(8)

NAME
bos_prune - Removes obsolete files from /usr/lib/openafs and /var/log/openafs SYNOPSIS
bos prune -server <machine name> [-bak] [-old] [-core] [-all] [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos p -s <machine name> [-b] [-o] [-co] [-a] [-ce <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos prune command removes files from the local disk of the server machine named by the -server argument, as specified by one or more of the following flags provided on the command line: o The -bak flag removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".BAK" extension. o The -old flag removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".OLD" extension. o The -core flag removes all files from the /var/log/openafs directory that have a "core." prefix. o The -all flag removes all three types of files at once. (If none of these flags are included, the command appears to succeed, but removes no files at all.) To display the timestamp on the current, ".BAK", and ".OLD" versions of one or more files, use the bos getdate command. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the server machine from which to remove files. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). -bak Removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".BAK" extension. Do not combine this flag and the -all flag. -old Removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory that have a ".OLD" extension. Do not combine this flag and the -all flag. -core Removes all files from the /var/log/openafs directory that have a "core." prefix. Do not combine this flag and the -all flag. -all Combines the effect of the -bak, -old, and -core flags. Do not combine this flag with any of those three. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following example removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory on the machine "fs3.abc.com" that have a ".BAK" or ".OLD" extension. % bos prune -server fs3.abc.com -bak -old The following example removes all files from the /usr/lib/openafs directory on the machine "db2.abc.com" that have a ".BAK" or ".OLD" extension, and all files from the /var/log/openafs directory that have a "core." prefix. % bos prune -server db2.abc.com -all PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. The bos prune command cannot be run against servers which are in restricted mode. SEE ALSO
KeyFile(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_getdate(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_PRUNE(8)