Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace the line with specific pattern Post 302896732 by balajesuri on Wednesday 9th of April 2014 04:39:24 AM
Old 04-09-2014
Code:
 sed -i.bak 's:=020 \(\\\\$a[0-9]\{4\}-[0-9]\{4\}\):=022 \1:' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

serach and replace a specific pattern or value in a xml file

can some one help me with a perl command i have to search and replace a version from a xml-file so i use in a ksh script a command like this ssh $GLB_ACC@$GLB_HOST "/usr/contrib/bin/perl -pi -e "s/$curVersion/$new_Version/g" $Dest_dir/epi.xml" this command worked so far, but the problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranreddy1215
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables this is where i am at grep -v WARNING output | grep -v spawn | grep -v Passphrase | grep -v Authentication | grep -v '/sbin/tfadmin netguard -C'| grep -v 'NETWORK>' >> output.clean grep -n Destination... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: todd.cutting
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern match and replace another pattern in same line

I have a pattern username:x:32005:32006::/usr/local/user:/bin/bash I need to match the line containing username and replace /bin/bash with /usr/local/my/bin/noshell So it becomes username:x:32005:32006::/usr/local/user:/usr/local/my/bin/noshell (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace line based on specific pattern match

Input file data20714 7327 7366 detail data20714 7327 7366 main data250821 56532 57634 detail data250821 57527 57634 main data250821 57359 57474 main data250821 57212 57301 main data250821 57140 57159 detail data250821 56834 57082 main data250821 56708 56779 main ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific field on specific line sed or awk

I'm trying to update a text file via sed/awk, after a lot of searching I still can't find a code snippet that I can get to work. Brief overview: I have user input a line to a variable, I then find a specific value in this line 10th field in this case. After asking for new input and doing some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: crownedzero
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replace the content of specific pattern

Input file: __<name>AWEETET</name> ____<name_evidence="3"_type="2@#">QEWQE</name> __<name>QWE048</name> ____<name_evidence="3"_type="570">@#@$#545</name> ____<name_evidence="2"_type="351">QWE4</name> Desired output: __<tmp>AWEETET</tmp> ____<name_evidence="3"_type="2@#">QEWQE</name>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to replace a pattern on specific line in a data file

Hi, I want to replace specific pattern "-2.0000 2" by "1.0000 3" on a particular line (line #5) in a file 1.dat. I have about 50 more files similar to 1.dat in which I want to do this correction. Can you please suggest how can I make change only at this particular line of a file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuj06
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific characters until pattern

Hi experts, My file looks something like this. abcXX4,7,234 abc,defg,45XX23,74,123 The number of commas left of the XX can vary. The question is how can I replace all the commas left of the 'XX' with an underscore? abcXX4,7,234 abc_defg_45XX23,74,123 Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abercrom
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in line below specific pattern?

Hi, I'm trying to replace a string with sed, in a text file containing this pattern: location alpha value x location beta value y location gamma value y location delta value y location theta value z ... What I want to achieve is: Find location beta into text file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TECK
1 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)