Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to decrypt audio data from magnetic tapes? Post 302896626 by Corona688 on Tuesday 8th of April 2014 11:28:07 AM
Old 04-08-2014
Well, what's your original software? How does it work? Only it can answer those questions.

It's probably extremely slow because it's a tape. To find any particular contents it must do a large amount of very slow seeking.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Magnetic card readers

i can't find any info on developing for magnetic card readers in the unix environment. I'm developing a POS system and i want it to include credit card verification. Any direction would be hot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gekko
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tapes

is there a command to check unoccupied space on a tape ? AIX 3.2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tapes

:confused: Hello!! I am a new UNIX user, and I need to back up some files, I have some old ones and I have been trying to delete the old information with 'mt erase' but I don't be sure if it works, and 'mt resert' but the it gave a message suggesting me to use 'scsiha -r' (but the last one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scs
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MSR magnetic stripe card reader

Hi all I am working on MSR110 ...Can anyone plz tell me how to use the configuration commands with magnetic reader???. Please help me out as i have to develop API in C on linux platform.MSR110 is not responding to the configuration commands. Please help... Regards Mahima (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahima_er
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Magnetic Tape

Hello All, I am facing some problem with magnetic tape drive. Backups are coming properly with the tapes that we had previously mt st give o/p as below .. root@server1:/ 2ksh# mt st Quantum Super DLT 320 tape drive: sense key(0x6)= Unit Attention residual= 0 retries= 0 file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

vxdump with more tapes

Hi Community, I've a V440 Sun Server with 2 device tape of 72GB. I have to backup a folder of 80 GB, so I have to use 2 tapes of 72GB (144 GB); If I use vxdump command which are the options that I have to use? When the first tape finishes does the system stop the backup? Please help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Listing/copying files from magnetic optical disk

I am trying to list the name of files on an MOD - I use the command tar vtf /MOD_DRIVE|more and I get a nice list of filenames/directories on this particular MOD. When I put in another MOD that contains software options I get the error "directory checksum error". I would like to be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew_holm
2 Replies

8. AIX

Moving tapes

Hello, anybody out there that is using itdt to manage tape changes in a tape library. The help of itdt show a move subcommand but I can't get it to work. Env: AIX5.3 Dell PowerVault TL2000 tape library -> rmt1 Available 01-08-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) # itdt says it finds the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
3 Replies

9. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies
autovbox(1)						    Linux System Administration 					       autovbox(1)

NAME
autovbox - isdn voice box (sound converter) SYNOPSIS
autovbox [OPTION] [OPTION] [...] < IN-FILE > OUT-FILE DESCRIPTION
Convert au files (sun audio format) into vbox files (vbox audio header). autovbox is a link to vboxcnvt. OPTIONS
Autovbox reads from stdin and writes to stdout. -2, --adpcm-2 Convert to ADPCM 2 format. -3, --adpcm-3 Convert to ADPCM 3 format. -4, --adpcm-4 Convert to ADPCM 4 format. -u, --ulaw Convert to ulaw format (default). -n, --name NAME Name to write into the header. -p, --phone PHONE Telephone number to write into the header. -l, --location LOCATION City to write into the header. -h, --help Show summary of options. -v, --version Show version of program. SEE ALSO
rmdtovbox(1), vboxtoau(1), vboxmode(1), vboxcnvt(1), vbox(5) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de>, for Debian GNU/Linux and isdn4linux. ISDN 4 Linux 3.1pre4 2000/09/15 autovbox(1)