Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? New Feature: Tagging Threads as "Solved" Post 302896568 by Akshay Hegde on Tuesday 8th of April 2014 07:19:01 AM
Old 04-08-2014
Well done Neo Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to Akshay Hegde For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

vBulletin Exclude Forums from "Get New Posts" Feature

First I would like to say you run an awesome site. I use it pretty much everyday... I am a member of a local Jeep Club Virtual Jeep Club - Powered by vBulletin and we run vBulletin Version 3.7.0. You have a feature we would like to add. In "User CP" -> "Edit Options" you have: Exclude... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Which release version of Solaris 10 have "snoop -I" feature

In one of Sun docs I found that a new option, -I, is added to the snoop command.This option specifies for the command to use the new IP layer devices instead of the underlying link-layer device to display traffic data. it is used to enhance IP observability. But in Solaris 10 with release verstion... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anando.1980
0 Replies

3. Programming

Looking for a "Select All" feature in TCL

I hope thi sis simple... I have a TCL script which has several checkboxes. Is there a way to have one of the checkboxes be a "select all" and select/deselect all of the other boxes? Can you show me a mini-sample? Thanks... Scott E. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottwevans
0 Replies

4. Programming

Need a "select all" feature in TCL

I hope this is simple... (I tried looking for help in the Shell Programming and Scripting thread, but got no responses.) I have a TCL script which has several checkboxes. Is there a way to have one of the checkboxes serve as a "select all" and select/deselect all of the other boxes? Can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scottwevans
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

to disable "out off office" feature on QMAIL.

How can I disable out of office feature on qmail. We don't want to be use this feature by users. Especially our boss doesn't want because clients have smartphone so they can answer from everywhere! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
0 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Marking threads as "solved"

perhaps offtopic.. pity this forum don't have an option 'mark this thread as solved' like some others do.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
Jifty::CurrentUser(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Jifty::CurrentUser(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::CurrentUser - Base class and basic implementation of current user object DESCRIPTION
Most applications need to have a concept of who the current user is. So Jifty supports this concept internally. Every Jifty::Object (which most things in Jifty are descended from) except the CurrentUser itself is instantiated with a Jifty::CurrentUser subclass as a parameter to the creator. This class describes (and implements a trivial version) of the access control API that a Jifty application needs to implement to provide user-based access control It's generally expected that your application will override this class if you want any sort of access control. new Creates a new Jifty::CurrentUser object. Calls _init, an app-specific initialization routine. If you call it with the "_bootstrap" argument, Jifty will set the user up as a bootstrap user, who's usually allowed to do just about anything without any access control _init Applications should override this method to provide any application-specific user loading code. The built-in If you do nothing, code similar to this will be called by _init. sub _init { my $self = shift; my %args = (@_); if (keys %args and UNIVERSAL::can(Jifty->app_class('Model', 'User'), 'new')) { $self->user_object(Jifty->app_class('Model', 'User')->new(current_user => $self)); $self->user_object->load_by_cols(%args); } return 1; } That is, it will attempt to load the columns given in the model named "App::Model::User" (where App is the name of your application class). If your notion of a user object isn't a typical Jifty model or named something else, you will definitely need to override this method. If you need to perform any additional initialization for user objects, you may want to override this as well. superuser A convenience constructor that returns a new CurrentUser object that's marked as a superuser. Can be called either as a class or object method. user_object This gets or sets your application's user object for the current user. Generally, you're expected to set and load it in the "_init" method in your Jifty::CurrentUser subclass. id Returns 0 if we don't have a user_object. When we do have a user_object, return that user's id. current_user Every class in a Jifty application has a "current_user" method that returns the user who's doing things, in the form of a Jifty::CurrentUser object a subclass thereof. For the somewhat obvious reason that you can't actually lift yourself up by tugging on your own bootstraps, a Jifty::CurrentUser object return itself rather than another "Jifty::CurrentUser" object. AUTHENTICATION AND AUTHORIZATION
To use Jifty's built-in authentication and authorization system, your user objects need to implement the following API methods: password_is STRING Your user_object should have a method called "password_is" which returns true if passed a string that matches the user's current password. username Return a string which identifies the user in some way. auth_token Return a string which proves that the user is who they claim to be. A simple way to do this, for example, would be to hash the username and some server-side secret. RIGHTS AND ACCESS CONTROL
In any system that relies on users' rights to perform actions, it's sometimes necessary to walk around the access control system. There are two primary cases for this: is_superuser Sometimes, while the system is running, you need to do something on behalf of a user that they shouldn't be able to do themselves. Maybe you need to let a new user sign up for your service (You don't want to let any user create more users, right?) or to write an entry to a changelog. If the user has the "is_superuser" flag set, things still get read from the database, but the user can walk around any and all ACL checks. Think "Neo" from the Matrix. The superuser can walk through walls, stop bullets and so on. is_bootstrap_user When your system is first getting going, you can't assume anything. There probably aren't any rights in the system to check. A user with the "is_bootstrap_user" flag set is a self-reliant superuser. Nothing is read from the database, no ACLs are checked. You probably never need to do anything with bootstrap users. current_user_can ACTION For a current user object, the current user can always "read", but never write or do anything else. jifty_serialize_format Serializes as the user_object. SEE ALSO
Jifty::Object, Jifty::Plugin::User LICENSE
Jifty is Copyright 2005-2010 Best Practical Solutions, LLC. Jifty is distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-10 Jifty::CurrentUser(3pm)