Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Virtual disks are not showing up in LDom Post 302896538 by Peasant on Tuesday 8th of April 2014 04:37:06 AM
Old 04-08-2014
I see you are using slice0 of the disk.

You will need to specify the option for it :
Code:
ldm add-vdsdev options=slice /dev/dsk/c0t5000CCA015354CB4d0s0 vol5@primary-vds0

Or use the entire disk without the slice option :
Code:
ldm add-vdsdev /dev/dsk/c0t5000CCA015354CB4d0s2 vol5@primary-vds0

I would also advice to create vds for every ldom, not use primary for everything.

Remeber if you add slice (any slice), you use <disk>s0 inside ldom.
If you add entire disk you use either s2 or without slice for zpool creation.

The third disk with 'weird' partition table is actualy entire disk added (s2) and during the creation of the zpool inside of ldom no slice as used (c2d0 for instance).

This enables you to import the zpool on both architectures (x86 or sparc).

Regards
Peasant.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

LVM (volume manager) and virtual disks

:eek: Hi guys, I'm pulling my hair out over this one. I am trying to set up a virtual server environment. ( I am using VirtualBox, but I think this is irrelevant to this problem.) I have downloaded a pre-packaged Linux virtual disk, with which I have successfully started a virtual instance of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
4 Replies

2. Solaris

How to create virtual disks in solaris

Hi, I have installed oracle 10g release 2 on solaris 10 Zone. I want to configure ASM in local Zone using virtual disks in place of real disks. I have configured ASM using virtual disks in place real disk in Solaris 10 Global zone. How i can do in local Zone Kindly guid me with proper... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Disks aren't showing up in Solaris/OBP

(Disclaimer: I put this in the "dummies" section because I am a UNIX noob and I'm not really sure what I'm doing so I felt like it belonged here. If it belongs in the Solaris section I can delete this and post it there:b:) I was handed over an Oracle SPARC T3-1 machine at work, with 8 physical... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
15 Replies

4. Red Hat

Java process showing high virtual memory

Hi All, I have a java process which is showing high virtual memory utilization in client server. But the same process is showing comparitively lesser virtual memory consumption. I understand that virtual memory shown is not of much importance for the general user in normal condition, my client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mritusmoi
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Virtual Switch in Solaris LDOM

Hi, Our existing environment is having primary domain and 3 guest domains are running over it. See the attached image. Now we want to add a new primary virtual switch and move LDOM3 to be connected with new primary switch. So, I am not sure how to achieve this because. If I remove the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveensharma21
7 Replies

6. Solaris

LDOM Solaris 11 add Network vsw (Virtual switch)

hello, I have a problem when configuring the network at the LDOM level, on a SPARC-Enterprise-T5120 machine The network goes through VLAN 503 (level, network tagget) And I need to give network to the guest domain: madarrwebsol10 I hope someone can bring some light .... Excuse my English ... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wittman
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Missing ASM Disks in Solaris 11.3 LDOM

Hi Guys, Just a quick question hopefully someone will have seen this before and will be able to enlighten me. I have been doing some Infrastructure Verification Testing and one of the tests was booting the primary domain from alternate disks, this all went well - however on restarting one of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Virtual Terminal (Console) showing non-global zone?

Hope that everyone is doing well today. Happy Friday. I am running an illumos (opensolaris) based system which is like SmartOS, OmniOS, and OpenIndiana I have been searching all over the Internet into various documents and forms that have to do with Solaris, Opensolaris, Illumos, and SmartOS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LonnieTC
3 Replies
vxsited(1M)															       vxsited(1M)

NAME
vxsited - site monitoring daemon SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxsited [mail_address...] DESCRIPTION
The vxsited daemon monitors Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) for disks being attached, and reattaches a detached site if the disks that belong to that site become accessible. vxsited analyzes the output of the vxnotify command, and waits for a failed disk to attach. When a disk is attached, vxsited attempts to online the disk, and tries to reattach the failed site. If a site is successfully reattached, vxsited starts recovery using vxrecover, and sends mail to root (by default) or to other specified users. Mail Notification By default, vxsited sends mail to root with information about the disk status of any attempts to reattach the site. To send mail to other users, add the user login name to the line that starts vxsited in the startup script, /etc/init.d/vxvm-recover, and reboot the system. For example, if the line appears as: nohup vxsited root & and you want mail also to be sent to user1 and user2, change the line to read: nohup vxsited root user1 user2 & Alternatively, kill the vxsite process, and restart it from the command line with the required mail addresses as arguments. The mail notification has a format that is similar to the following: Subject : Volume Manager site reattach on host hostname Reattached site sitename in disk-group diskgroup Reattachment Procedure If a disk from a detached site becomes accessible again, vxsited checks whether the relocation daemon, vxrelocd, is running. If vxrelocd is running, vxsited attempts to reattach the site. The relocation daemon can then try to relocate the failed subdisks using space on the available disks in the disk group. If the failed objects are successfully relocated, vxrelocd changes the state of the site to RECOVER, and starts the recovery of volumes at the site. When all the plexes at a site have been recovered, the plexes are put into the ACTIVE state, and the state of the site is set to ACTIVE. If vxrelocd is not running, vxsited only reattaches a site when all the disks from that site become accessible. After successfully reat- taching a site, vxsited changes the site state to ACTIVE, and initiates recovery using vxrecover. When all the plexes from a site have been recovered, the plexes are put into the ACTIVE state, and the state of the site is set to ACTIVE. vxsited does not attempt to reattach a site that has been explicitly detached by an administrator. The state OFFLINE is set for sites that have been detached by using the following command: vxdg -g dg_name detachsite sitename Disabling vxsited If you do not want a site to be recovered automatically, kill the vxsited daemon, and prevent it from restarting. To kill the daemon, run the following command from the command line, and locate the process table entry for vxsited: ps -ef Execute the command: kill -9 PID Substitute the process ID of the vxsited process for PID. To prevent vxsited from being restarted, comment out the line that starts vxsited in the startup script /sbin/init.d/vxvm-recover. FILES
/sbin/init.d/vxvm-recover The startup file for vxsited. SEE ALSO
kill(1), mailx(1), ps(1), vxdg(1M), vxrelocd(1M), vxintro(1M), vxnotify(1M), vxrecover(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxsited(1M)