Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ports,number of slots,network devices - UNIX Post 302896529 by omkar.jadhav on Tuesday 8th of April 2014 03:29:21 AM
Old 04-08-2014
Hi Corona688...this is related to computer system and printer.
This is not an assignment but a work related to my prioject, In this i am trying to get list of inventory (computer/os/network/memory/printer properties via a shell script/simple unix commands).

Apology for not making my understanding clear to you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resetting hung serial ports and peripheral devices.

Working in SunOS 2.6 without the GUI, I am trying to find out what command line syntax I can use to reset the serial port. I have also been curious how to reset peripheral devices without having to reboot the machine. If anyone has a cheat sheet for that, that would be great! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcherry
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix devices

Hi I am trying to determine the access to unix devices. I found the follow access description which I have been told is a symbolic link and is not the actual file. I was also told that all symbolic links will have rwxrwxrwx access. kmem: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root 27 May 28 16:06 /dev/kmem ->... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GW01
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual network ports

Hey all, I got a Ultra 60 and I'm going to put a quad fast ethernet card into it, also I have a NAS with dual ethernet ports. I'm going to setup the Ultra 60 as a gateway to the NAS. Is it possible to setup 2 ports on the quad fast ethernet card to talk to the 2 ports on the NAS? Both... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnetd: all network ports in use

I hope someone can enlighten me on this. A few weeks ago, the root file system my UnixWare 7.1.1 server became corrupt so I ended up doing a full restore of the OS from tape backup. Since then, after I get about 270 users on the system, the message "telnetd: all network ports in use" is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davekox
1 Replies

5. Linux

Can USB Devices Be Exported Over a Network?

While I know that it's possible to use something like SANE to share a USB scanner over a network, or use NBD or iSCSI to share a USB flash or external HD over the network, I've been wondering about a raw USB <--> TCP/IP transport. Back in the late 90s, I swear I remember hearing about a project... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
2 Replies

6. Hardware

Identifying Network Ports

OK, so I have a real dumb question, but I am desperate for an answer. If my Sun machine shows the following out put. root@xxxx:/# egrep network /etc/path_to_inst "/pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/network@c,1" 0 "eri" "/pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/network@5,1" 1 "eri" Does that indicate that there is one eri... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

7. Linux

nix User Access Restrictions to Network, USB ports, PCMCIA, CDROM

How to create a user account on a Linux desktop machine with restrictions on connecting to the LAN, WAN, PCMCIA ports, Firewire, CDROM and generally any user controllable output options? I have the task to set up a machine for users working with sensitive data that should not be leaving the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netfreighter
1 Replies

8. Hardware

IRQ and Number of Devices

Hello everyone. I feel that I'm about to answer my own question, but I just want to be sure that I'm right. I know computers all use, at a very low level, the IRQ system of interrupting the CPU when it needs something. My questions are as follows: 1. Does the device in question, say.. a mouse,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: connect to network devices, run set of commands

I am trying to write a script for my own use that will allow me to connect to network devices, then run a set of commands. I start with a list of ips in a text file. Each ip is on its own line. I start with a second file of commands. Each command on one line. for illustration .. the cmd.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Configuring central logging server for network devices

Hi I am very well aware of configuring central logging (syslog)server on solaris to capture logs of other solaris servers. But don't know how to capture the logs of network devices like Juniper , cisco etc on solaris server. Is this possible through syslog server of solaris. Is there any way we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies
Ocsinventory::Agent::Common(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Ocsinventory::Agent::Common(3pm)

addController()
	   Add a controller in the inventory.

addModem()
	   Add a modem in the inventory.

addDrive()
	   Add a partition in the inventory.

addStorages()
	   Add a storage system (hard drive, USB key, SAN volume, etc) in the inventory.

addMemory()
	   Add a memory module in the inventory.

addPort()
	   Add a port module in the inventory.

addSlot()
	   Add a slot in the inventory.

addSoftware()
	   Register a software in the inventory.

addMonitor()
	   Add a monitor (screen) in the inventory.

addVideo()
	   Add a video card in the inventory.

addSound()
	   Add a sound card in the inventory.

addNetwork()
	   Register a network in the inventory.

setHardware()
	   Save global information regarding the machine.

The use of setHardware() to update USERID and PROCESSOR* informations is deprecated, please, use addUser() and addCPU() instead.

setBios()
	   Set BIOS informations.

addCPU()
	   Add a CPU in the inventory.

addUser()
	   Add an user in the list of logged user.

addPrinter()
	   Add a printer in the inventory.

addVirtualMachine()
	   Add a Virtual Machine in the inventory.

addProcess()
	   Record a running process in the inventory.

addIpDiscoverEntry()
	   IpDiscover is used to identify network interface on the local network. This is done on the ARP level.

This function adds a network interface in the inventory.

setAccessLog()
	   What is that for? :)

flushXMlTags()
	   Clear the content of $common->{xmltags} (to use after adding it in XML)

POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 34: '=item' outside of any '=over' perl v5.14.2 2012-04-12 Ocsinventory::Agent::Common(3pm)