Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl: How to run an POST/GET command via proxy? Post 302896409 by Corona688 on Monday 7th of April 2014 12:16:31 PM
Old 04-07-2014
There has to be more than that. All that does is set a variable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl run system command

Can perl execute a system command similar to the C function System()? Thanks. Gregg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gdboling
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run the command inside perl script

I have a command which will run fine in a unix command prompt. Can you tell how to interprete this command inside perl script...... The command is : perl -pe 's/(\|333\}.*)\}$/$1|1.6}/' FIA.txt This will search for the number 333 and appends 1.6 at the end of that line....... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinay123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run system command in perl cgi

Hi guys, got a problem with a perl cgi script over here. I need it to run a system command to get the status of a process. Unfortunately the process is owned by a specific user and only this user can get its status. So i tried running the command from the perl cgi with "su", but then i get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: polki
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the particular command continously for 30 mins in perl?

Hi, I have command that should run continuously for 30 mins but not every day not once in a week , not one in a month. whenever i call that particular program that command should run for 30 mins and stop. #Contents of test.pl `ls -l *.txt`; #some other lines of code to print ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Cannot run command line scripts in perl or gawk

I originally posted this to a different forum (I am a new Perl user) and realized the error so I will ask here. I am on a WindowsXP machine trying to run perl and gawk scripts from the command line. I have perl and gawk installed and environment set to C:\perl\bin and cannot get a script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 10000springs
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script, with command-line options

Hello everyone, I have a perl script which takes various command line options from user like : test.pl -i <input_file> -o <output_file> -d <value> -c <value> Now I have multiple input files in a directory: <input_file_1> <input_file_2> <input_file_3> <input_file_4> ..... .... ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run command + compare values and post a warning message.

Hi all, I am trying to create shell script to run command then compare values with rule set for every 5 seconds and post a warning message if the compared value meet the rules. -the script is related to Oracle/Sun product messaging server 6.2 1) command that need to be run to gather... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl command in script[solved]

Hi all, When I put the Perl command in a script, I got error. system("perl -pi -e 's@words@words@g' myFile"); The error is: Unrecognized character \x8A; marked by <-- HERE after دت مد�<-- HERE near column 15 at -e line 1. Thanks in advance. ---------- Post updated at 06:30 AM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lham
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Better way to run this perl command

i'm working with files that are huge in size. over 3GB. and i need to do a lot of pattern matching. I need a way to grep for what i want, using a tool that is available across most unix systems. i initially was gungho about grep, but not all capablities of grep are available on all OSes. so... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

10. IP Networking

How to run an script and its commands via proxy?

Hi, i used this tutorial which tells me to use following example command to proxify traffic from my linux export {http,https,ftp}_proxy=122.228.156.126:80 when i do this command from command line it works and then i curl http://site/ipcheck.php i see its proxified, which is what i want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
5 Replies
set(n)							       Tcl Built-In Commands							    set(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
set - Read and write variables SYNOPSIS
set varName ?value? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Returns the value of variable varName. If value is specified, then set the value of varName to value, creating a new variable if one doesn't already exist, and return its value. If varName contains an open parenthesis and ends with a close parenthesis, then it refers to an array element: the characters before the first open parenthesis are the name of the array, and the characters between the parentheses are the index within the array. Otherwise varName refers to a scalar variable. Normally, varName is unqualified (does not include the names of any containing namespaces), and the variable of that name in the current namespace is read or written. If varName includes names- pace qualifiers (in the array name if it refers to an array element), the variable in the specified namespace is read or written. If no procedure is active, then varName refers to a namespace variable (global variable if the current namespace is the global namespace). If a procedure is active, then varName refers to a parameter or local variable of the procedure unless the global command was invoked to declare varName to be global, or unless a variable command was invoked to declare varName to be a namespace variable. SEE ALSO
expr(n), proc(n), trace(n), unset(n) KEYWORDS
read, write, variable Tcl set(n)