Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Manufacturer name of computer system(hardware) , processor Post 302896405 by vbe on Monday 7th of April 2014 12:05:55 PM
Old 04-07-2014
Well look what the same command you typed gives me on a true solaris box:
Code:
dm0:/export/home/vbe $ prtdiag | awk '/System Configuration/'
System Configuration:  Oracle Corporation  sun4v SPARC T4-4
dm0:/export/home/vbe $ psrinfo -vp
The physical processor has 8 virtual processors (0-7)
  SPARC-T4 (chipid 0, clock 2998 MHz)
dm0:/export/home/vbe $

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with dual processor system

Firstly, here are the main system specs: 2x Pentium III 800MHz MSI 694D Pro 4x 256MB PC133 SDRAM 420WATT Vantec PSU In a nut shell, the systems reboots for no apparent reason while starting/installing up any OS when both processors are installed. I've ran memtest86 for several hours, no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meeps
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processor performance question [hardware]

A few of our machines need upgrading and we are looking into a selection of processors at present. There are suggestions on the vendor's websites that the L3 cache was specifically introduced for gamers. Is this true? Does having L1, L2 and/or L3 cache help at all in performance or are the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

3. AIX

System P hardware

hello everybody, Is there any training to get deep knowledge an hands on lab with system p hardware firmware microcode upgrading etc... thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Machine/Hardware platform/Processor type

Hi, I am just confused about these three things which are shown in the output of uname command. I am running RH lINUX 9.0 on hardware having Intel HT CPU. My uname shows uname -p i686 (processor) uname -m i686 (machine) uname -i i386 (hardware) I was about to ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
1 Replies
psrinfo(1M)                                               System Administration Commands                                               psrinfo(1M)

NAME
psrinfo - displays information about processors SYNOPSIS
psrinfo [-p] [-v] [processor_id...] psrinfo [-p] -s processor_id DESCRIPTION
psrinfo displays information about processors. Each physical processor may support multiple virtual processors. Each virtual processor is an entity with its own interrupt ID, capable of executing independent threads. Without the processor_id operand, psrinfo displays one line for each configured processor, displaying whether it is on-line, non-interrupt- ible (designated by no-intr), spare, off-line, faulted or powered off, and when that status last changed. Use the processor_id operand to display information about a specific processor. See OPERANDS. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s processor_id Silent mode. Displays 1 if the specified processor is fully on-line. Displays 0 if the specified processor is non-inter- ruptible, spare, off-line, faulted or powered off. Use silent mode when using psrinfo in shell scripts. -p Display the number of physical processors in a system. When combined with the -v option, reports additional information about each physical processor. -v Verbose mode. Displays additional information about the specified processors, including: processor type, floating point unit type and clock speed. If any of this information cannot be determined, psrinfo displays unknown. When combined with the -p option, reports additional information about each physical processor. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: processor_id The processor ID of the processor about which information is to be displayed. Specify processor_id as an individual processor number (for example, 3), multiple processor numbers separated by spaces (for example, 1 2 3), or a range of processor numbers (for example, 1-4). It is also possible to combine ranges and (indi- vidual or multiple) processor_ids (for example, 1-3 5 7-8 9). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying Information About All Configured Processors in Verbose Mode The following example displays information about all configured processors in verbose mode. psrinfo -v Example 2: Determining If a Processor is On-line The following example uses psrinfo in a shell script to determine if a processor is on-line. if [ "`psrinfo -s 3 2> /dev/null`" -eq 1 ] then echo "processor 3 is up" fi Example 3: Displaying Information About the Physical Processors in the System With no additional arguments, the -p option displays a single integer: the number of physical processors in the system: > psrinfo -p 8 psrinfo also accepts command line arguments (processor IDs): > psrinfo -p 0 512 # IDs 0 and 512 exist on the 1 # same physical processor > psrinfo -p 0 1 # IDs 0 and 1 exist on different 2 # physical processors In this example, virtual processors 0 and 512 exist on the same physical processor. Virtual processors 0 and 1 do not. This is specific to this example and is and not a general rule. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
psradm(1M), p_online(2), processor_info(2), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
psrinfo: processor 9: Invalid argument The specified processor does not exist. SunOS 5.10 21 Feb 2004 psrinfo(1M)