Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Manufacturer name of computer system(hardware) , processor Post 302896402 by vbe on Monday 7th of April 2014 11:51:20 AM
Old 04-07-2014
Since you are in a virtual world, you must accept that there will be very little chance that you see anything but Virtual hardware by VMware... Only from your first post can we say you are using true Intel Xeon processor by Intel...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with dual processor system

Firstly, here are the main system specs: 2x Pentium III 800MHz MSI 694D Pro 4x 256MB PC133 SDRAM 420WATT Vantec PSU In a nut shell, the systems reboots for no apparent reason while starting/installing up any OS when both processors are installed. I've ran memtest86 for several hours, no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meeps
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processor performance question [hardware]

A few of our machines need upgrading and we are looking into a selection of processors at present. There are suggestions on the vendor's websites that the L3 cache was specifically introduced for gamers. Is this true? Does having L1, L2 and/or L3 cache help at all in performance or are the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

3. AIX

System P hardware

hello everybody, Is there any training to get deep knowledge an hands on lab with system p hardware firmware microcode upgrading etc... thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Machine/Hardware platform/Processor type

Hi, I am just confused about these three things which are shown in the output of uname command. I am running RH lINUX 9.0 on hardware having Intel HT CPU. My uname shows uname -p i686 (processor) uname -m i686 (machine) uname -i i386 (hardware) I was about to ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
1 Replies
cpu_family(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					       cpu_family(3alleg4)

NAME
cpu_family - Contains the CPU type. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> extern int cpu_family; DESCRIPTION
Contains the Intel type, where applicable. Allegro defines the following CPU family types: CPU_FAMILY_UNKNOWN - The type of processor is unknown CPU_FAMILY_I386 - The processor is an Intel-compatible 386 CPU_FAMILY_I486 - The processor is an Intel-compatible 486 CPU_FAMILY_I586 - The processor is a Pentium or equivalent CPU_FAMILY_I686 - The processor is a Pentium Pro, II, III or equivalent CPU_FAMILY_ITANIUM - The processor is an Itanium processor CPU_FAMILY_POWERPC - The processor is a PowerPC processor CPU_FAMILY_EXTENDED - The processor type needs to be read from the cpu_model You can read this variable after you have called check_cpu() (which is automatically called by allegro_init()). SEE ALSO
check_cpu(3alleg4), cpu_vendor(3alleg4), cpu_model(3alleg4), cpu_capabilities(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 cpu_family(3alleg4)