Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Manufacturer name of computer system(hardware) , processor Post 302896400 by omkar.jadhav on Monday 7th of April 2014 11:42:19 AM
Old 04-07-2014
thanks..Could you please let me know whether the below command will give me the system(hardware) manufacturer name ?

Code:

prtdiag | awk '/System Configuration/'
System Configuration: VMware, Inc. VMware Virtual Platform

Please correct me if i am wrong..Also how can we find manufacturer of Processor ?

Last edited by vbe; 04-07-2014 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: typos

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with dual processor system

Firstly, here are the main system specs: 2x Pentium III 800MHz MSI 694D Pro 4x 256MB PC133 SDRAM 420WATT Vantec PSU In a nut shell, the systems reboots for no apparent reason while starting/installing up any OS when both processors are installed. I've ran memtest86 for several hours, no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meeps
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processor performance question [hardware]

A few of our machines need upgrading and we are looking into a selection of processors at present. There are suggestions on the vendor's websites that the L3 cache was specifically introduced for gamers. Is this true? Does having L1, L2 and/or L3 cache help at all in performance or are the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

3. AIX

System P hardware

hello everybody, Is there any training to get deep knowledge an hands on lab with system p hardware firmware microcode upgrading etc... thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Machine/Hardware platform/Processor type

Hi, I am just confused about these three things which are shown in the output of uname command. I am running RH lINUX 9.0 on hardware having Intel HT CPU. My uname shows uname -p i686 (processor) uname -m i686 (machine) uname -i i386 (hardware) I was about to ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
1 Replies
prtdiag(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       prtdiag(1M)

NAME
prtdiag - display system diagnostic information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/prtdiag [-v] [-l] DESCRIPTION
prtdiag displays system configuration and diagnostic information on sun4u, sun4v, and x86 systems. The diagnostic information lists any failed field replaceable units (FRUs) in the system. The interface, output, and location in the directory hierarchy for prtdiag are uncommitted and subject to change in future releases. prtdiag does not display diagnostic information and environmental status when executed on the Sun Enterprise 10000 server. See the /var/opt/SUNWssp/adm/${SUNW_HOSTNAME}/messages file on the system service processor (SSP) to obtain such information for this server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l Log output. If failures or errors exist in the system, output this information to syslogd(1M) only. -v Verbose mode. Displays the time of the most recent AC Power failure, and the most recent hardware fatal error information, and (if applicable) environmental status. The hardware fatal error information is useful to repair and manufacturing for detailed diagnostics of FRUs. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 No failures or errors are detected in the system. 1 Failures or errors are detected in the system. 2 An internal prtdiag error occurred, for example, out of memory. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkvm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ *The output is unstable. SEE ALSO
modinfo(1M), prtconf(1M), psrinfo(1M), sysdef(1M), syslogd(1M), attributes(5), openprom(7D) NOTES
Not all diagnostic and system information is available on every Solaris platform, and therefore cannot be displayed by prtdiag. On those platforms, further information can be obtained from the System Controller. SunOS 5.11 2 Sep 2008 prtdiag(1M)