Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help w/ Reading Matrix & Storing in dynamic array Post 302896325 by Don Cragun on Sunday 6th of April 2014 03:55:56 PM
Old 04-06-2014
Is this a homework assignment? If not, how will this software be used?

Now that we know that you're processing ints, "What is the format of the data in the files?" is asking if all of the values can be assumed to be decimal values with no "leading" zeroes? If there are leading zeros on input, should the value still be treated as decimal, or can it be treated as octal? Could there be hexadecimal values (with a leading 0x or 0X)?

Please show us your latest attempt at a solution!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing pointer array in C

All .. I am having a pointer array . And trying to store the addess into that pointer array . please see below the problem i faced code: int cnt1; char *t_array; char *f_array; for(cnt1=0; cnt1<1000; cnt1++) { t_array =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing variables in array.Please help

Hi All, I need some help with arrays. I need to take input from the user for hostname, username and password until he enters .(dot) or any other character and store the values in the variable array. I would further connect to the hostname using username and passwd and copy files from server to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
7 Replies

3. Programming

Creating an array to hold posix thread ids: Only dynamic array works

I am facing a strange error while creating posix threads: Given below are two snippets of code, the first one works whereas the second one gives a garbage value in the output. Snippet 1 This works: -------------- int *threadids; threadids = (int *) malloc (num_threads * sizeof(int)); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmehta
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing records in awk array

hi i have a file as follows: 1 2 3 4 5 6 i want to store all these numbers in an array using awk.. so far i have: awk '{for(i=1;i<=NR;i++) {a=$1}} END {for(i=1;i<=NR;i++) {printf("%1.11f",a)}}' 1.csv > test however, i am getting all values as zero in the "test" file..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Reading out rows of a file into a dynamic array and check first literal

Hello, i have a file "Movie.ini" looking e.g. like follows * MOVIE A bla bla MOVIE B blubb blubb MOVIE C I'd like to read the file "Movie.ini" with cat and grep and check whether it includes the string MOVIE only with a '*' at the beginnig. By doing "cat Movie.ini| grep MOVIE... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABE2202
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from a file and storing it in a variable

Hi folks, I'm using bash and would like to do the following. I would like to read some values from the file and store it in the variable and use it. My file is 1.txt and its contents are VERSION=5.6 UPDATE=4 I would like to read "5.6" and "4" and store it in a variable in shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptfriend
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting columns from a matrix and storing each column in a separate file

Hi All, I have a huge matrix file consisting some some millions rows and 6000 columns. The contents are just floating point numbers in the matrix. I want to extract each column (i.e. 6000 of them) and store each column in a separate file. For example, 1.dat will consist of elements from column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
4 Replies

8. Programming

Reading Scientific notation from file and storing in array

Hi, I am trying to read a set of numbers that are in scientific notation into a file so I can do some math on them, but when I display the array contents the numbers aren't the same as the numbers in the file. Could someone explain why? Thanks. int main() { double fArray; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filter500
3 Replies

9. Programming

C; storing strings in an array

I am trying to get userinput from stdin and store the lines in an array. If i do this: using a char **list to store strings allocate memory to it #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { char *prog = argv; char **linelist; int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tornow
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to output the array result into a matrix

I have a file like this: ASSPASVFETQY,hTRBV12-4,hTRBJ2-5,2 ASSPASTGGDYGYT,hTRBV18,hTRBJ1-2,2 ASSPASGDGYT,hTRBV5-1,hTRBJ1-2,2 ASSPASFPEDTQY,hTRBV27,hTRBJ2-3,2 ASSPARVNYGYT,hTRBV5-1,hTRBJ1-2,2 ASSPARTSGGLNEQF,hTRBV6-4,hTRBJ2-1,2 ASSPARQSYNEQF,hTRBV11-1,hTRBJ2-1,2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
3 Replies
dynamic(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						dynamic(3)

NAME
PerlIO::via::dynamic - dynamic PerlIO layers SYNOPSIS
open $fh, $fname; $p = PerlIO::via::dynamic->new (translate => sub { $_[1] =~ s/$Filename[:ws-./\]*$/$Filename: $fname$/e}, untranslate => sub { $_[1] =~ s/$Filename[:ws-./\]*$/$Filename$/}); $p->via ($fh); binmode $fh, $p->via; # deprecated DESCRIPTION
"PerlIO::via::dynamic" is used for creating dynamic PerlIO layers. It is useful when the behavior or the layer depends on variables. You should not use this module as via layer directly (ie :via(dynamic)). Use the constructor to create new layers, with two arguments: translate and untranslate. Then use "$p-"via ($fh)> to wrap the handle. Once <$fh> is destroyed, the temporary namespace for the IO layer will be removed. Note that PerlIO::via::dynamic uses the scalar fields to reference to the object representing the dynamic namespace. OPTIONS
translate A function that translate buffer upon write. untranslate A function that translate buffer upon read. use_read Use "READ" instead of "FILL" for the layer. Useful when caller expect exact amount of data from read, and the "untranslate" function might return different length. By default "PerlIO::via::dynamic" creates line-based layer to make "translate" implementation easier. AUTHORS
Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004 by Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.18.2 2012-11-03 dynamic(3)