Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Marking threads as "solved"
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Marking threads as "solved" Post 302896302 by Neo on Sunday 6th of April 2014 11:30:39 AM
Old 04-06-2014
OK, years later after this thread was created - the now official answer is:

The only acceptable way to mark a thread "solved" is by adding the "solved" tag to the thread tags.

Please refer to:

New Feature: Tagging Threads as "Solved"

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Linux

Strange error "host: isc_taskmgr_create: no available threads"

Dear Srs, I'm getting this error on a Linux box, running Apache 2.0.52: "host: isc_taskmgr_create: no available threads" Making some search for those strings in Google, didn't tell me anything about this.. appears to be related to SELinux, but it's disabled in the box. Any idea about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Programming

Question (pthread): How to Signal all threads w/o "broadcast"?

Hello all, Is there any way that I can signal (wake) all threads that I have created without using pthread_cond_broadcast? Cheers! Aaron (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobility
6 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

New Feature: Tagging Threads as "Solved"

We just added a new feature. When tagging a thread, if you tag the thread "solved" the title of the thread will show up as blue (#0000FF) in various places (forum view, top stats, etc.) So, if you want to show your thread as "solved" simply add a "solved" tag to the thread taglist. ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
16 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Marking thread "Resolved"

Can the OP of a thread still mark the thread "Resolved" when the question is answered? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
PTHREAD_ATTR_SETDETACHSTATE(3)				     Linux Programmer's Manual				    PTHREAD_ATTR_SETDETACHSTATE(3)

NAME
pthread_attr_setdetachstate, pthread_attr_getdetachstate - set/get detach state attribute in thread attributes object SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_attr_setdetachstate(pthread_attr_t *attr, int detachstate); int pthread_attr_getdetachstate(pthread_attr_t *attr, int *detachstate); Compile and link with -pthread. DESCRIPTION
The pthread_attr_setdetachstate() function sets the detach state attribute of the thread attributes object referred to by attr to the value specified in detachstate. The detach state attribute determines whether a thread created using the thread attributes object attr will be created in a joinable or a detached state. The following values may be specified in detachstate: PTHREAD_CREATE_DETACHED Threads that are created using attr will be created in a detached state. PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE Threads that are created using attr will be created in a joinable state. The default setting of the detach state attribute in a newly initialized thread attributes object is PTHREAD_CREATE_JOINABLE. The pthread_attr_getdetachstate() returns the detach state attribute of the thread attributes object attr in the buffer pointed to by detachstate. RETURN VALUE
On success, these functions return 0; on error, they return a nonzero error number. ERRORS
pthread_attr_setdetachstate(3) can fail with the following error: EINVAL An invalid value was specified in detachstate. CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2001. NOTES
See pthread_create(3) for more details on detached and joinable threads. A thread that is created in a joinable state should eventually either be joined using pthread_join(3) or detached using pthread_detach(3); see pthread_create(3). It is an error to specify the thread ID of a thread that was created in a detached state in a later call to pthread_detach(3) or pthread_join(3). EXAMPLE
See pthread_attr_init(3). SEE ALSO
pthread_attr_init(3), pthread_create(3), pthread_detach(3), pthread_join(3), pthreads(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2010-02-03 PTHREAD_ATTR_SETDETACHSTATE(3)