Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to capture ^x,^y via bash script? Post 302896295 by ramukumar on Sunday 6th of April 2014 10:54:39 AM
Old 04-06-2014
How to capture ^x,^y via bash script?

Hi
I am new to this forum.
Any please help me to capture ctrl x and ctrl y via a bash script.

and please tell me how to clear the prompt via bash script

BR
Ramukumar M

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to capture

Hi In my production server some user runnig some scripts to get some data. I need a script to capture this user script code. best rds ab (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aboorkuma
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to capture certain output

Hi All, I want to create a script that capture only Date & Time, Current CPU % usage, Disk % usage, Mem % usage and Top process based on this output; Data Collected: 05/17/08 17:19:49 Refresh Interval: 600 seconds GlancePlus Started/Reset: 05/17/08 08:19:45 B3692A GlancePlus... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: fara_aris
18 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to capture STDOut of script in a CGI script?

Hi Perl Experts, I am invoking a shell script thru a perl script and the perl script is cgi script.I need to capture the STDOUT of the shell script in the html page where I am invoking the script .?The shell script takes couple of mintutes to complete its execution .Mean while my html page does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to capture errors

Hello; I'm trying to write a script to capture any hardware error from logs/syslog on my SUSE 10 servers so i can be notified if we have any hardware issues such a bad fan or battery, etc.. Thanks in advance for any help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture exit code of child script and send it to parent script?

#!/usr/local/bin/bash set -vx /prod/HotelierLinks/palaceLink/bin/PalacefilesWait /prod/HotelierLinks/palaceLink/bin/prodEnvSetup 03212013 & if then echo "fatal error: Palace/HardRock failed!!!!" 1>&2 echo "Palace Failed" | mail -s "Link Failed at Palace/HardRock" -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aroragaurav.84
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture the exit code of a shell script in a perl script.?

hi, i want to pop up an alert box using perl script. my requirement is. i am using a html page which calls a perl script. this perl script calls a shell script.. after the shell script ends its execution, i am using exit 0 to terminate the shell script successfully and exit 1 to terminate the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture a database val and use in script

Hello, sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find what I was looking for. I know how to connect to Oracle and execute stored procedures from a shell script, but what I would like to do is return a value from a table and use it in my script. For Example, If I had a table Called... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mode09
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Capture a Screenshot

Hi All, Suppose I want to take a screenshot of a website say Google and save that image. How should I do it? I tried wget with this but of no help. It just makes a particular file in jpeg format but on opening the same it says corrupted. Although I can edit the jpeg as an HTML file. wget... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture run time of python script executed inside shell script

I have bash shell script which is internally calling python script.I would like to know how long python is taking to execute.I am not allowed to do changes in python script.Please note i need to know execution time of python script which is getting executed inside shell .I need to store execution... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)