Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looking for a perl-compatible regex solution Post 302896244 by spacebar on Saturday 5th of April 2014 09:38:16 PM
Old 04-05-2014
What will the actual record you want to scan look like?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl REGEX

Hi, Can anyone help me to find regular expression for the following in Perl? "The string can only contain lower case letters (a-z) and no more than one of any letter." For example: "table" is accepted, whether "dude" is not. I have coded like this: $str = "table"; if ($str =~ m/\b()\b/) {... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evilfreakz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script solution

Hi I need to do this thing in awk (or perl?). I try to find out how can I identify 1st and 2nd result from the OR expression in gensub: block='title Sata Mandriva kernel /boot/vmlinuz initrd /boot/initrd.img' echo "$block" | awk '{ x=gensub(/(kernel|initrd) /,"\\1XXX","g"); print x }' ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: webhope
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting perl regex to sed regex

I am having trouble parsing rpm filenames in a shell script.. I found a snippet of perl code that will perform the task but I really don't have time to rewrite the entire script in perl. I cannot for the life of me convert this code into something sed-friendly: if ($rpm =~ /(*)-(*)-(*)\.(.*)/)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suntzu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Regex Help!!!

Hi, I get the following when I cat a file *.log xxxxx ===== dasdas gwdgsg fdsagfsag agsdfag ===== random data ===== My output should look like : If the random data after the 2nd ==== is null then OK should be printed else the random data should be printed. How do I go about this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manutd
5 Replies

5. Programming

Perl regex

Hi Guys I have the following regex $OSRELEASE = $1 if ($output =~ /(Mac OS X (Server )?10.\d)/); output is currently Mac OS X 10.7.5 when the introduction of Mac 10.8 output changes to OS X 10.8.2 they have dropped the Mac bit so i changed the regex to be (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
2 Replies

6. Programming

Perl regex

Hello, I'm trying to get a quick help on regex since i'm not a regular programmer. Below is the line i'm trying to apply my regex to..i want to use the regex in a for loop and this line will keep on changing. subject=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamaks
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

?= in perl regex

Could anyone please make me understand how the ?= works below .. After executing this I am getting the same output. $string="I love chocolate."; $string =~ s/chocolate(?= ice)/vanilla/; print "$string\n"; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, RegEx - Help me to understand the regex!

I am not a big expert in regex and have just little understanding of that language. Could you help me to understand the regular Perl expression: ^(?!if\b|else\b|while\b|)(?:+?\s+){1,6}(+\s*)\(*\) *?(?:^*;?+){0,10}\{ ------ This is regex to select functions from a C/C++ source and defined in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl REGEX help

Experts - I found a script on one of the servers that I work on and I need help understanding one of the lines. I know what the script does, but I'm having a hard time understanding the grouping. Can someone help me with this? Here's the script... #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
2 Replies
GUESSNET-SCAN(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  GUESSNET-SCAN(8)

NAME
guessnet-scan - guess network configuration data by looking at network traffic SYNOPSIS
guessnet-scan [options] [ethernet_interface] DESCRIPTION
Guessnet-scan tries to deduce network configuration data by watching network traffic at a given Ethernet interface. After scanning network traffic for some time, guessnet-scan prints a configuration string suitable for inclusion in /etc/network/inter- faces. Note that guessnet-scan uses heuristics and wild guesses and that the resulting data is not guaranteed to be accurate. The program is intended to be used as a first try at getting network configuration data without bothering anyone. OPTIONS
Options follow the usual GNU conventions, --debug Print debugging messages. --help Show a brief summary of commandline options. --init-time=int Time in seconds to wait for the interface to initialize when it is not found already up at program startup. Default: 3 seconds. -t, --timeout=int Time in seconds to watch for network traffic. Default: 5 seconds. -v, --verbose Operate verbosely. --version Show the version number of the program. SCANNING REQUIREMENTS
To correctly identify all data of the local network, guessnet-scan needs to see traffic related to a host in the local network and to the local gateway, if any. To be able to identify the network gateway, guessnet-scan also needs to see some traffic directed to the external network: you can help the detection by generating some outbound IP traffic during the scan, for example by browsing a web page (without proxy) or using telnet to open a connection to some remote host. Note that if you are connected to a switch, guessnet-scan won't probably be able to work, since the switch will isolate it from the network traffic that the other machines are generating. SEE ALSO
guessnet(8), interfaces(5). AUTHOR
Guessnet-scan was written by Enrico Zini <enrico@debian.org>. 10 October 2004 GUESSNET-SCAN(8)