Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing How can an EE major looking to get into HPC bolster their CS foundation? Post 302896194 by drl on Saturday 5th of April 2014 07:08:30 AM
Old 04-05-2014
Hi.

As a student, you can join IEEE for a small cost. The periodicals and magazines are generally 1/2 price. There may be local IEEE groups you can join. For example, there have been many meetings that I have attended, usually luncheon discussions, but often full-day seminars on specific topics arranged by the local IEEE group. I am a member of a local IEEE Innovation Study Group.

The costs will go up after you are no longer a student, but then the membership is great for continuing education and contacts.

At one time, I also belonged to the Welcome and the Homepage | Mathematical Association of America , but the IEEE had more practical use in my career ... cheers, drl

IEEE - The world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology

https://www.ieee.org/membership-cata...c_mem_computer

IEEE Computer Society - Premier Organization of Computer Professionals

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=h...rformance+ieee

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

HPC Related Links

Our directory of HPC related links is growing: Virtualization, Grid and Cloud Computing - Links Please contribute! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

Guides for new HPC admins

In my company, it's fallen on me to serve as the admin of our new HPC cluster, a task that's very new to me. It's very important to me to lay a solid foundation and avoid any unnecessary pitfalls. So, can anyone recommend a succinct guide or list of do's-and-don'ts for adiminstering an HPC cluster?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBryan
0 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

How to check performance of your HPC cluster?

Hello Everybody, I have few queries : Do you have any idea how to check the performance of HPC cluster having mpich on top of centos 6.2? Are there any standard programs (like FFT, graphics rendering etc) to check the performance of mpi cluster with single node and multiple nodes? Can we... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: albertspade
4 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

HPC Linpack test

Hi, I compiled Linpack with ATLAS for test. What other libraries except ATLAS can be used to test? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PtaQ
2 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Class hpc project

My high school started a tech lab where students like myself can take apart computers, build circuit boards, learn to program and lots more. I got the job of building a cluster with 4 old work stations we have. This is just a trial if it works well we can get more work stations. We have one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PC-2011
3 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

Helpful Ressources for HPC Admin

Hi Everyone I am new to this valuable forum and would like to ask members for some helpful resources to learn HPC administration and monitoring resources such as webinars, websites, forums, books, and moocs as I need them to get more competencies to my career. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akchired
0 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)