Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Using symbolic link for database MySQL in CentOS, not update sizing Post 302896177 by Kapom on Saturday 5th of April 2014 03:46:42 AM
Old 04-05-2014
Using symbolic link for database MySQL in CentOS, not update sizing

I have no idea what I should set the topic here =='
This is my story, please you there kindly help me I'm quite newbie for this.

==================================

My host server is CentOS, I spared 9.9GB for /var path that used by MySQL
and...It's full because of heavy load traffic, then I couldn't access the database anymore.

I solved this problem by moving my database out to another directory that have more space such as /usr/ and create a symbolic link. After that, I can access my database again so, I deleted some data and wanna move it back but... I check sizing with du -sh and nothing change. It's still 6.3 GB even it's shown 3.2GB in phpMyAdmin page.

Is there something wrong? or I did anything incorrect?
Please suggest to me Smilie

Thank you in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

symbolic Link

question abt symbolic link ... i'm doing the following ... ln -s x.sh ./scripts/y.sh and cat ./scripts/y.sh it is giving following error cat: cannot open y.sh Any reason u an think of ? But it is working fine when i goto scripts directory and cretae the symbolic link. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhargav
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need some info about symbolic link and hard link

hello folks how y'all doin well i have some questions about symbolic link and hard link hope some one answer me i open terminal and join as root and i wrote ln -s blah blah then i wrote ls i see red file called blah blah but didn't understand what is this can some one explain and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: detective linux
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

symbolic link

Hi, i am trying to create sym links on sles 11 , but it seems i am doing something wrong. oracle@tests:/u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS> pwd /u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS oracle@tests:/u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS> ln -s /db/ACIS/dbase/dbf/ /u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbolic Link Help

Hello All, This may be a silly question to some but I am really stuck. Is there a way to reverse the following; sudo rm /bin/sh sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh It was part of a driver compile/installation procedure by Digi for Ubuntu stating that dash isn't supported and a symbolic link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAVco
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

download an html file via wget and pass it to mysql and update a database

CAN I download an html file via wget and pass it to mysql and update a database field? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mapasainfo
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls on a symbolic link

Hi all, Can anyone please confirm if the command below is the only way that I can get what the symbolic link is set to? mnlxd110(oracle)/db/posd2/dba$: ls -l | grep "^l" lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 28 Aug 9 2011 bdump -> diag/rdbms/posp1/posp1/trace mnlxd110(oracle)/db/posd2/dba$:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

Hi everybody, I read about treads realted to this issue but they did not resovle issue given below. Please help me resolve issue given below I have html file under /srv/www/htdocs/actual_folder ls actual_folder/ test.html and following link works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic link

Hi, trying to understand more about symblic link, when I compiled a program called "match" in one folder ~/downloadsoftware/I want this program to be accessible like a system command by putting a symbolic link in /usr/bin/ Not by setting the $PATH method in .bashrc at this time. What I did is:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to remove symbolic link?

this is my current code, # ln -s /lib64/ # ls -lrth total 80K -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 12K Jul 6 2012 post-install -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 552 Jul 6 2012 post-install.log -rw-------. 1 root root 1.5K Aug 21 2012 anaconda-ks.cfg drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4.0K Aug 21 2012 Videos... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CentOS 6.8 with Rocks Cluster: ldconfig is not a symbolic link errors

Any help appreciated just logging in to this server which is a front end for Rocks Cluster 6.1.1. Getting the below errors: ldconfig ldconfig: /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 is not a symbolic link ldconfig: /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62 is not a symbolic link ldconfig: /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0 is not a symbolic... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
3 Replies
dtc_install_centos(8)					      System Manager's Manual					     dtc_install_centos(8)

NAME
dtc_install_centos - bootstrap a CentOS install to use in a chroot or VM SYNOPSIS
dtc_install_centos <install root> <yum environment> DESCRIPTION
This shell script is part of the dtc-xen package, generally to be used by the dtc panel to install a new a Xen VPS server. This script is called by dtc_reinstall_os when the user chooses to install the CentOS operating system. How it works: it generates a temporary yum configuration in the yum environment directory, that directs yum to act inside the install root instead of in the base system; then it kindly requests yum to install the basesystem, centos-release and yum packages onto it. Yum then uses the configuration to download the required (usually, security-updated) packages and then perform the RPM installation process under the install root. It requires both RPM and yum. It does work under Debian (it was developed in Ubuntu first). It should also work on RPM-based systems without destroying the system-wide RPM and yum configurations. OPTION
<install root> Target directory where CentOS will be deployed. Must exist beforehand. <yum environment> Directory where yum will store the repository manifests and configuration. Will be automatically created. Cached RPMs and manifests will be left, as usual, in a directory var/cache/yum inside the install root. EXAMPLE
dtc_install_centos /root/yum /xen/13 This will setup the operating system in /xen/13, with the CentOS configuration folder in /root/yum. BUGS
It's limited to CentOS 5 at the moment. It must be run as root. Under some circumstances, the installation process itself may kill processes running on the host machine. The chroot yum does should be sufficient to avoid this, but we haven't been able, yet, to ascertain why this fails sometimes. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8) VERSION
This documentation describes dtc_install_os version 0.3.1. See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. dtc_install_centos(8)