Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Unable to start the apache web server Post 302896115 by bartus11 on Friday 4th of April 2014 11:57:00 AM
Old 04-04-2014
I just noticed that you are trying to start apache as a user other than "root". Do you have root access to that machine?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache Web Server

Hi, Can someone help me for the Apache Web Server files for HP-UX 11.0 systems. Is there any download available? Thanks in Advance Anent (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anent
9 Replies

2. Solaris

Apache web server question

Hi - Maybe not the right forum for this but I will ask anyway.. I recently installed apache on my ultra 10 - solaris 9... Working okay - and I have some docs in my htdocs directory that I can access through a web browser.. Now I want to get a bit fancy and change the home page so I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to start the right instance of Apache on RedHat server

Hi, I have 2 apache instance on my machine (RedHat), and i need to start the "apache2" after any reboot but could not find the way ( searching into "httpd.conf" ), so i'am starting "apache2" manually. After a reboot, none of them starts and when i when doing : httpd -k start, i got "apache"... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdi1973
14 Replies

4. Solaris

Uninstall Apache web server

Hello, I have a Solaris 10 and it looks like it was installed with apache. I see some files in: Since I'd like to use CSWapache2 from OpenCSW I'd like to remove the one from SUN but I don't know which package name it has. Do you know how can I remove it ? Thanks R.F ---------- Post... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertFord
4 Replies

5. Web Development

Apache Web Server Config

Hi Gurus I am a newbie in Apache. I want to configure Apache Web server(A for reference) to receive all requests on Port-843 to be redirected to another Apache web server(B) and access a crossdomain.xml(located in /var/www/html) file there. I have put the following entries in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Apache web server instalation error in HP-UX 11.31

Hi , I am getting an error while installing on a new hp-ux 11.31 server for the first time. I have troubleshooted to some extent and installed the C compiler which it was asking for and now a new error has arised. please find the below error, Any help would be appreciated. $ make Making all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prasad@hp-ux
1 Replies

7. Web Development

Apache 2.4 web server - string manipulation

Hi, I have configured an Apache 2.4 web server for Kerberos authentication. I need to pass the user in an HTTP header to the back-end server. This can be achieved by:- # Set header to blank RequestHeader set KERBEROS_USER "" # Set header RequestHeader set KERBEROS_USER "%{REMOTE_USER}s"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help getting a web page to start a server.

Wont let me add the solved tag, say's im over the max. Removing 2 tags did not help. No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS Release: 16.04 Codename: xenial One of my game servers keeps going offline and so I want to... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stuperfied
18 Replies
dsenableroot(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   dsenableroot(8)

NAME
dsenableroot -- enables or disables the root account. SYNOPSIS
dsenableroot [-d] [-u username] [-p password] [-r rootPassword] DESCRIPTION
dsenableroot sets the password for the root account if enabling the root user account. Otherwise, if disable [-d] is chosen, the root account passwords are removed and the root user is disabled. A list of flags and their descriptions: -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -p password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for entry. -r rootPassword Password to be used for the root account. If this is not specified for enabling, you will be prompted for entry. EXAMPLES
-dsenableroot Your username will be used and you will be queried for both your password and the new root password to be set to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d Your username will be used and you will be queried for only your password to disable the root account. -dsenableroot -u username -p userpassword -r rootpassword The supplied arguments will be used to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d -u username -p userpassword The supplied arguments will be used to disable the root account. Mac OS August 08 2003 Mac OS