Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reducing the decimal points of numbers (3d coordinates) in a file; how to input data to e.g. Python Post 302896103 by crunchgargoyle on Friday 4th of April 2014 11:31:00 AM
Old 04-04-2014
Thank you, that actually worked flawlessly. I think I can understand what's going on, as well.

Much appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching for decimal numbers in a file

hi all, was wanting to know how to search for decimal numbers in a file ? am using solaris 8 and have tried a few options with "grep" but none of them seem to work. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get data only inside polygon created by points which is part of whole data from file?

hiii, Help me out..i have a huge set of data stored in a file.This file has has 2 columns which is latitude & longitude of a region. Now i have a program which asks for the number of points & based on this number it asks the user to enter that latitude & longitude values which are in the same... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reva
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data by GPS coordinates from text file

Hi there, I'm having a problem trying to extract data from within a text file. I'm trying to extract this manually for a lack of better words. I need any items that fall within latitude 36.5 to 39.5 and long -75.3 to -83.9 I have been doing this using cat neta.txt | grep '!38' and working... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mikey
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determination n points between two coordinates

Hi guys. Can anyone tell me how to determine points between two coardinates. For example: Which type of command line gives me 50 points between (8, -5, 7) and (2, 6, 9) points Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
5 Replies

5. Programming

PL/SQL Determine if the coordinates of a point is within four points

Dear all, Given that the coordinates of 4 points such as c1(x1,y1), c2(x2,y2), c3(x3,y3), c4(x4,y4). Does any body know how to use plain sql / plsql to determine coordinates of a point e.g. (x,y) is within 4 points above efficiently. The 4 points supposedly form a rectangle rectangular. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldonlck
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with decimal points

Hi All, I would like to set decimal point to 16 in the following bash script but it has syntax error at }: awk '{printf"%.16e", (a<500,a++,$1/(a*1.1212121212121229e-02))}' input.dat >output.datHow may I set it in the correct way please? Thank you very much! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sxiong
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reducing input file size after pattern search

I have a very large file with millions of entries identified by @M. I am using the following script to "extract" entries based on specific strings/patterns: #!/bin/bash if ] then file=$1 else echo "Input_file passed as an argument $1 is NOT found." exit; fi MID=(NULL "string-1"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
10 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Grep commands for numbers w/decimal points

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Is there a grep commands for numbers w/decimal points Display lines for students with GPA above 3.69 but less... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jetoutant
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add coordinates to line of output extracted from input file

I am trying to compare/confirm the output of an script using the perl below, which does execute. However I can not seem to print $1 and $2 in each line of the input separated by a tab in each line of the output. The input file is quite large so I have only included a portion, but the format is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Read a file with decimal numbers in bash

Hello, I have the following script while read id fraction do sambamba -h -f bam -t 10 --subsampling-seed=50 -s $frac ${id}.bam -o ${id}.out.bam done < fraction.txt where fraction.txt has two columns (id,fraction) and 50 rows I am unable to run this as bash is not able to read the second... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
2 Replies
hppac(3X)																 hppac(3X)

NAME
hppac: HPPACADDD(), HPPACCMPD(), HPPACCVAD(), HPPACCVBD(), HPPACCVDA(), HPPACCVDB(), HPPACDIVD(), HPPACLONGDIVD(), HPPACMPYD(), HPPAC- NSLD(), HPPACSLD(), HPPACSRD(), HPPACSUBD() - HP 3000-mode packed-decimal library SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This set of calls invokes the library functions for emulating 3000-mode (MPE V/E) packed-decimal operations. These functions are in library which is searched when the option is used with or ld(1). Performs packed-decimal addition. Compares two packed-decimal numbers. Converts an ASCII representation to packed-decimal. Converts a binary representation to packed-decimal. Converts a packed-decimal number to ASCII. Converts a packed-decimal number to binary. Performs packed-decimal division. Performs packed-decimal division (alternate routine). Performs packed-decimal multiplication. Performs a packed-decimal normalizing left shift. Performs a packed-decimal left shift. Performs a packed-decimal right shift. Performs packed-decimal subtraction. For all operations, the value returned in the variable to which the compcode argument points is one of the following values of type Result > 0 or operand1 > operand2 Result < 0 or operand1 < operand2 Result == 0 or operand1 == operand2 For all operations, the value returned in the variable to which the pacstatus argument points is one of the following values of type Their meanings are intended to be obvious: AUTHOR The HPPAC library was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
PA-RISC Systems Only hppac(3X)