Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Cluster failover issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Linux Cluster failover issue Post 302896095 by munna529 on Friday 4th of April 2014 10:59:42 AM
Old 04-04-2014
Thanks for the information. i worked on windows cluster as we are doing some array based migrations using mpxtool(block level) copy. Now we are working on linux hosts and usually it is an offline migration.
I see some hosts are possible clusters so i want to determine which hosts are cluster ? We have suse systems so i figured out on one server it shows this output does that mean is this a cluster ?

Code:
     #-> find / -name hacluster /var/lib/heartbeat/cores/hacluster

[root@itsusral00019:/]#
Code:
     #-> find / -name cluster
 /lib/modules/2.6.16.60-0.97.1-smp/kernel/fs/ocfs2/cluster
 /lib/modules/2.6.16.60-0.101.1-smp/kernel/fs/ocfs2/cluster
 /lib/modules/2.6.16.60-0.97.1-kdump/kernel/fs/ocfs2/cluster
 /lib/modules/2.6.16.60-0.101.1-kdump/kernel/fs/ocfs2/cluster
 /opt/VRTSpbx/bin/cluster
 /usr/src/linux-2.6.16.60-0.101.1/fs/ocfs2/cluster

Code:
     #-> clustat -bash: clustat: command not found

Code:

#-> hastatus -sum -bash: hastatus: command not found

from the above output i see this host doesn't have veritas cluster but there is some hacluster when i tried to look for cluster.conf file i dont see and i am not aware for this hacluster.

If you know anything about this please let me know this would be very helpful.

Last edited by munna529; 04-04-2014 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

sun Cluster resource group cant failover

I have rcently setup a 4 node cluster running sun cluster 3.2 and I have installed 4 zones on each node. when installing the zones I had to install the zone on all nodes the on the last node do a zlogin -C <zonename> this worked ok. theni I tried to siwitch the zone to node a thei work... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesliek
14 Replies

2. HP-UX

ServiceGuard cluster & volume group failover

I have a 2-node ServiceGuard cluster. One of the cluster packages has a volume group assigned to it. When I fail the package over to the other node, the volume group does not come up automatically on the other node. I have to manually do a "vgchange -a y vgname" on the node before the package... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wotan31
5 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Veritas Cluster Server Management Console IP Failover

I have just completed a first RTFM of "Veritas Cluster Server Management Console Implementation Guide" 5.1, with a view to assessing it to possibly make our working lives easier. Unfortunately, at my organisation, getting a test installation would be worse than pulling teeth, so I can't just go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beast Of Bodmin
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Cluster 3.1 failover

Hi, We have two sun SPARC server in Clustered (Sun Cluster 3.1). For some reason, System 1 failed over to System 2. Where can I find the logs which could tell me the reason for this failover? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
5 Replies

5. Gentoo

How to failover the cluster ?

How to failover the cluster ? GNU/Linux By which command, My Linux version 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux What are the prerequisites we need to take while failover ? if any Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Cluster 3.2 Issue

Hello everyone, I have two Solaris 10 servers that are on cluster. The cluster is a Sun Cluster 3.2 I have a script cronned that stop/start a ressource in a resource group everyday. Today I have checked the status of the ressources and I found that my ressource group have a "Error--stop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adilyos
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Failover based on scan rate

Dear Experts, If there is a possible Solaris Cluster failover to second node based on scan rate? I need the documentation If solaris cluster can do this. Thank You in Advance Edy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
3 Replies

9. AIX

Cluster communication issue

Hi, I am using Power HA7.1.1 SP5 AIx 7.1 My both cluster nodes are independently working. RG informations are not updating each other. Node A shows that node B is down and vice versa. RG1 is running node A, RG2 running on node B. === clRGinfo From Node B === RG01 OFFLINE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
2 Replies
fsck.ocfs2(8)							OCFS2 Manual Pages						     fsck.ocfs2(8)

NAME
fsck.ocfs2 - Check an OCFS2 file system. SYNOPSIS
fsck.ocfs2 [ -fFGnuvVy ] [ -b superblock block ] [ -B block size ] device DESCRIPTION
fsck.ocfs2 is used to check an OCFS2 file system. device is the file where the file system is stored (e.g. /dev/sda1). It will almost always be a device file but a regular file will work as well. OPTIONS
-b superblock block Normally, fsck.ocfs2 will read the superblock from the first block of the device. This option specifies an alternate block that the superblock should be read from. (Use -r instead of this option.) -B blocksize The block size, specified in bytes, can range from 512 to 4096. A value of 0, the default, is used to indicate that the blocksize should be automatically detected. -D Optimize directories in filesystem. This option causes fsck.ocfs2 to coalesce the directory entries in order to improve the filesys- tem performance. -f Force checking even if the file system is clean. -F By default fsck.ocfs2 will check with the cluster services to ensure that the volume is not in-use (mounted) on any node in the cluster before proceeding. -F skips this check and should only be used when it can be guaranteed that the volume is not mounted on any node in the cluster. WARNING: If the cluster check is disabled and the volume is mounted on one or more nodes, file system cor- ruption is very likely. If unsure, do not use this option. -G Usually fsck.ocfs2 will silently assume inodes whose generation number does not match the generation number of the super block are unused inodes. This option causes fsck.ocfs2 to ask the user if these inodes should in fact be marked unused. -n Give the 'no' answer to all questions that fsck will ask. This guarantees that the file system will not be modified and the device will be opened read-only. The output of fsck.ocfs2 with this option can be redirected to produce a record of a file system's faults. -r backup-number mkfs.ocfs2 makes upto 6 backup copies of the superblock at offsets 1G, 4G, 16G, 64G, 256G and 1T depending on the size of the vol- ume. Use this option to specify the backup, 1 thru 6, to use to recover the superblock. -y Give the 'yes' answer to all questions that fsck will ask. This will repair all faults that fsck.ocfs2 finds but will not give the operator a chance to intervene if fsck.ocfs2 decides that it wants to drastically repair the file system. -v This option causes fsck.ocfs2 to produce a very large amount of debugging output. -V Print version information and exit. EXIT CODE
The exit code returned by fsck.ocfs2 is the sum of the following conditions: 0 - No errors 1 - File system errors corrected 2 - File system errors corrected, system should be rebooted 4 - File system errors left uncorrected 8 - Operational error 16 - Usage or syntax error 32 - fsck.ocfs2 canceled by user request 128 - Shared library error SEE ALSO
mkfs.ocfs2(8) debugfs.ocfs2(8) tunefs.ocfs2(8) mounted.ocfs2(8) ocfs2console(8) o2cb(7) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation. This man page entry derives some text, especially the exit code summary, from e2fsck(8) by Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.4.3 February 2010 fsck.ocfs2(8)