Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Cluster failover issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Linux Cluster failover issue Post 302896092 by cjcox on Friday 4th of April 2014 10:42:47 AM
Old 04-04-2014
If you have physical access. one easy way might be to unplug a network cable. Just an idea.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

sun Cluster resource group cant failover

I have rcently setup a 4 node cluster running sun cluster 3.2 and I have installed 4 zones on each node. when installing the zones I had to install the zone on all nodes the on the last node do a zlogin -C <zonename> this worked ok. theni I tried to siwitch the zone to node a thei work... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesliek
14 Replies

2. HP-UX

ServiceGuard cluster & volume group failover

I have a 2-node ServiceGuard cluster. One of the cluster packages has a volume group assigned to it. When I fail the package over to the other node, the volume group does not come up automatically on the other node. I have to manually do a "vgchange -a y vgname" on the node before the package... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wotan31
5 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Veritas Cluster Server Management Console IP Failover

I have just completed a first RTFM of "Veritas Cluster Server Management Console Implementation Guide" 5.1, with a view to assessing it to possibly make our working lives easier. Unfortunately, at my organisation, getting a test installation would be worse than pulling teeth, so I can't just go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beast Of Bodmin
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Cluster 3.1 failover

Hi, We have two sun SPARC server in Clustered (Sun Cluster 3.1). For some reason, System 1 failed over to System 2. Where can I find the logs which could tell me the reason for this failover? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
5 Replies

5. Gentoo

How to failover the cluster ?

How to failover the cluster ? GNU/Linux By which command, My Linux version 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux What are the prerequisites we need to take while failover ? if any Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Cluster 3.2 Issue

Hello everyone, I have two Solaris 10 servers that are on cluster. The cluster is a Sun Cluster 3.2 I have a script cronned that stop/start a ressource in a resource group everyday. Today I have checked the status of the ressources and I found that my ressource group have a "Error--stop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adilyos
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Failover based on scan rate

Dear Experts, If there is a possible Solaris Cluster failover to second node based on scan rate? I need the documentation If solaris cluster can do this. Thank You in Advance Edy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
3 Replies

9. AIX

Cluster communication issue

Hi, I am using Power HA7.1.1 SP5 AIx 7.1 My both cluster nodes are independently working. RG informations are not updating each other. Node A shows that node B is down and vice versa. RG1 is running node A, RG2 running on node B. === clRGinfo From Node B === RG01 OFFLINE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
2 Replies
IL(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     IL(4)

NAME
il - Interlan NI1010 10 Mb/s Ethernet interface SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NIL il_controllers # Interlan Ethernet DESCRIPTION
The il interface provides access to a 10 Mb/s Ethernet network through an Interlan 1010 or 1010A controller. Each of the host's network addresses is specified at boot time with an SIOCSIFADDR ioctl. The il interface employs the address resolution protocol described in arp(4P) to dynamically map between Internet and Ethernet addresses on the local network. The interface normally tries to use a ``trailer'' encapsulation to minimize copying data on input and output. The use of trailers is nego- tiated with ARP. This negotiation may be disabled, on a per-interface basis, by setting the IFF_NOTRAILERS flag with an SIOCSIFFLAGS ioctl. DIAGNOSTICS
il%d: input error. The hardware indicated an error in reading a packet off the cable or an illegally sized packet. il%d: can't handle af%d. The interface was handed a message with addresses formatted in an unsuitable address family; the packet was dropped. il%d: setaddr didn't work. The interface was unable to reprogram its physical ethernet address. This may happen with very early models of the interface. This facility is used only when the controller is not the first network interface configured for XNS. The oldest interface tested (2.7.1.0.1.45) has never failed in this way. The following messages indicate a probable hardware error performing the indicated operation during autoconfiguration or initialization. The status field in the control and status register (the low-order four bits) should indicate the nature of the failure. See the hardware manual for details. il%d: reset failed, csr=%b. il%d: status failed, csr=%b. il%d: hardware diag failed, csr=%b. il%d: verifying setaddr, csr=%b. il%d: stray xmit interrupt, csr=%b. il%d: can't initialize. SEE ALSO
intro(4N), inet(4F), arp(4P) 3rd Berkeley Distribution August 20, 1987 IL(4)