Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Cluster failover issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Linux Cluster failover issue Post 302896092 by cjcox on Friday 4th of April 2014 10:42:47 AM
Old 04-04-2014
If you have physical access. one easy way might be to unplug a network cable. Just an idea.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. High Performance Computing

sun Cluster resource group cant failover

I have rcently setup a 4 node cluster running sun cluster 3.2 and I have installed 4 zones on each node. when installing the zones I had to install the zone on all nodes the on the last node do a zlogin -C <zonename> this worked ok. theni I tried to siwitch the zone to node a thei work... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesliek
14 Replies

2. HP-UX

ServiceGuard cluster & volume group failover

I have a 2-node ServiceGuard cluster. One of the cluster packages has a volume group assigned to it. When I fail the package over to the other node, the volume group does not come up automatically on the other node. I have to manually do a "vgchange -a y vgname" on the node before the package... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wotan31
5 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Veritas Cluster Server Management Console IP Failover

I have just completed a first RTFM of "Veritas Cluster Server Management Console Implementation Guide" 5.1, with a view to assessing it to possibly make our working lives easier. Unfortunately, at my organisation, getting a test installation would be worse than pulling teeth, so I can't just go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beast Of Bodmin
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Cluster 3.1 failover

Hi, We have two sun SPARC server in Clustered (Sun Cluster 3.1). For some reason, System 1 failed over to System 2. Where can I find the logs which could tell me the reason for this failover? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
5 Replies

5. Gentoo

How to failover the cluster ?

How to failover the cluster ? GNU/Linux By which command, My Linux version 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux What are the prerequisites we need to take while failover ? if any Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Cluster 3.2 Issue

Hello everyone, I have two Solaris 10 servers that are on cluster. The cluster is a Sun Cluster 3.2 I have a script cronned that stop/start a ressource in a resource group everyday. Today I have checked the status of the ressources and I found that my ressource group have a "Error--stop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adilyos
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Failover based on scan rate

Dear Experts, If there is a possible Solaris Cluster failover to second node based on scan rate? I need the documentation If solaris cluster can do this. Thank You in Advance Edy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
3 Replies

9. AIX

Cluster communication issue

Hi, I am using Power HA7.1.1 SP5 AIx 7.1 My both cluster nodes are independently working. RG informations are not updating each other. Node A shows that node B is down and vice versa. RG1 is running node A, RG2 running on node B. === clRGinfo From Node B === RG01 OFFLINE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
2 Replies
sgmgr(1M)																 sgmgr(1M)

NAME
sgmgr - Serviceguard Manager SYNOPSIS
filename ] | COMserver username password cluster_name ...]] COMserver2 Remarks Serviceguard Manager is the graphical user interface for Serviceguard or Serviceguard Extension for RAC software, Version A.11.12 or later, Serviceguard products are not included in the standard HP-UX operating system. DESCRIPTION
The command starts Serviceguard Manager, the graphical user interface for Serviceguard clusters. Serviceguard Manager can be installed on HP-UX, Linux, or Windows. Serviceguard Manager can be used to view saved data files of a single cluster, or to see running clusters. To see the "live" cluster map, Serviceguard Manager connects to a Serviceguard node on the same subnet as those clusters, specifically to a part of Serviceguard called the Cluster Object Manager (COM). Options supports the options listed below. No options are required. If any option is not specified, the user will be prompted to supply it after the interface opens. Open a previously saved or example object data file. The file will have the .sgm extension. It can display only one cluster. This option cannot be used with any other options. Specify the Serviceguard node that will be the server. This node's COM will query cluster objects running on its subnets, and will report their status and configuration. Servers with Serviceguard Version A.11.12 or later can monitor clusters. Servers with Ser- viceguard Version A.11.14 or later can also perform administrative actions. Servers with Version A.11.16 or later can also configure clusters. To specify multiple sessions, repeat the -s option. The user login name for the COMserver node. Valid only if COMserver is specified. The user password on the COMserver node. Valid only if username is specified. In creating the map, the COMserver will include the cluster where it is a member. In creating the map, the COMserver will report information about the specified cluster_name(s). Specify clusters with the following cluster software installed: MC/Serviceguard Version A.10.10 or later, MC/LockManager Version A.11.02 or later, Serviceguard OPS or Extension for RAC Version A.11.08 or later, and all versions of MetroClusters and ContinentalClusters. To see several clusters, repeat the -c option. If you specify this unused nodes option all COMservers will report information about nodes that have Serviceguard installed, but are not currently configured in any cluster. To connect to another COMserver for another session, repeat the -s options. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
See documents at http://docs.hp.com/hpux/ha including: Managing Serviceguard. Configuring OPS Clusters with Serviceguard OPS Edition. Using Serviceguard Extension for Real Application Cluster (RAC). Series 700 or 800 Works with Optional Serviceguard or Serviceguard Extension for RAC Software sgmgr(1M)