Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Init.d script stdout location Post 302895941 by JerryHone on Thursday 3rd of April 2014 11:34:21 AM
Old 04-03-2014
Server. Does it make a difference?Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Init 6 & Init 0 problem

Hi Expert, I have encountered some problem with my SUN system. Everytime when i issue command #init 6 OR #init 0 it just logout and prompt for login again instead of rebooting the server when run init 6 and system shutdown when run init 0.. I can only reboot the system using reboot ... Was... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc2005
6 Replies

2. SCO

start script from - execute init 6 (not as root)

I have 2 questions : ---------------------------------- 1 - How can I execute a program when Unix Sco reboot? For example I have two script (two sockets) that I have to start from 2 different users (root and toto). I heard something about "etc/init.d" directory, but I don't know what to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soshell
4 Replies

3. Linux

How to I change init levels after typing init 1

Dear all, I typed in init 1 on my redhat box as root and according to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runlevel): 1 Single-User Mode Does not configure network interfaces, start daemons, or allow non-root logins So now I can't connect back to it. How do I change the init back to 3?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Copy files from one location to another location

Create a script that copies files from one specified directory to another specified directory, in the order they were created in the original directory between specified times. Copy the files at a specified interval. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allways4u21
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem on init 0, execution is the same with init 6

Hi, I am experiencing a weird thing on my SUNFIRE machine with Solaris 9 OS. When I do init 0 to shutdown the machine to go to ok prompt, what it did was shutdown and reboot like an init 6 command do. I did check the corresponding rc scripts that were involved with init 0 and compared with rc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yenthanh
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

init-script failing because of /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

I encountered a problem on one of our database servers. OS: CentOS 5.5 final Kernel: 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5.028stab085.2 (OpenVZ kernel) We wrote some DB-Start/Stop-scripts ("/db2/admin/scripts_dba/start_services.ksh" and ".../stop_services.ksh") to start the database instances. (Database... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to get $PWD value from script in /etc/init.d

Hi ppl hope to have your advice, i am run out of idea... I have 3 scripts: a.sh, b.sh, and c.sh a.sh resided in /etc/init.d b.sh and c.sh /opt/xSystem I intend to start my system with "service" command which will trigger my a.sh service a.sh start then. a.sh will trigger... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cielle
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

INIT Script Getting Executed Twice?

Hello All, I copied and pasted the "/etc/init.d/skeleton" file to a new one so I could create my own init script for a program. Basically the ONLY edit I made to the skeleton "template" so far was to search and replace "FOO" with "snort". *NOTE: I know there are a bunch of snort init scripts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start up init d script

Hi All, I'm trying to build a start up script, wud be gr8 if any one can explain what the below field means and how can i check it for my script. DAEMON_PATH="/home/wes/Development/projects/myapp" DAEMON=myapp DAEMONOPTS="-my opts" NAME=myapp DESC="My daemon description"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karthick N
4 Replies

10. Linux

Troubleshooting init.d script

This is what I did: 1. I wrote a simple init.d script (myscript.sh) 2. I placed it under /etc/init.d (where many other default scripts already are) 3. Set the perms to 755 4. Run: update-rc.d myscript.sh defaults I can run it perfectly by doing: /etc/init.d/myscript.sh start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
2 Replies
Net::Server::Proto::TCP(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Net::Server::Proto::TCP(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Proto::TCP - Net::Server TCP protocol. SYNOPSIS
See Net::Server::Proto. DESCRIPTION
Protocol module for Net::Server. This module implements the SOCK_STREAM socket type under INET (also known as TCP). See Net::Server::Proto. PARAMETERS
There are no additional parameters that can be specified. See Net::Server for more information on reading arguments. INTERNAL METHODS
"object" Returns an object with parameters suitable for eventual creation of a IO::Socket::INET object listining on UDP. "log_connect" Called before binding the socket to provide useful information to the logs. "connect" Called when actually binding the port. Handles default parameters before calling parent method. "reconnect" Called instead of connect method during a server hup. "accept" Override of the parent class to make sure necessary parameters are passed down to client sockets. "poll_cb" Allow for psgi compatible interface during HTTP server. "read_until" Takes a regular expression, reads from the socket until the regular expression is matched. "hup_string" Returns a unique identifier that can be passed to the re-exec'ed process during HUP. "show" Basic dumper of properties stored in the glob. "AUTOLOAD" Handle accessor methods. LICENCE
Distributed under the same terms as Net::Server perl v5.18.2 2013-01-09 Net::Server::Proto::TCP(3)