Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Merge two strings by overlapped region Post 302895832 by yifangt on Wednesday 2nd of April 2014 05:57:33 PM
Old 04-02-2014
When I saw your answers, I did not know what I should reply, but my feeling is a mixture of embarrassment (so little I know about C), disappointment (buggy code), discourage (so much to learn) and maybe, hopelessness (not working code). I am so far away from catching the spirits of C language as compared with your catch!
From your code I need go back the bitwise and other stuffs, not my string merge anymore. I wish I could have any comments with my code corrected side by side, so I know the correct way in that situation.
Thank you very much for your time and effort, Corona688!
Yifangt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stack region

how can i determine that what percentage of stack region is currently is used? (i am using tru64 unix) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakari
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge two strings not from files

str1="this oracle data base record" str2="one two three four five" Output: this one oracle two data three base four record five str1 and str2 have the same column but they are not fixed columns. I can do it with "paste" but I do not want to create file everytime the script runs from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddyme
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best practice - determining what region you are on

Hello all, I have a question about what you think the best practice is to determine what region you are running on when you have a system setup with a DEV/TEST, QA, and PROD regions running the same scripts in all. So, when you run in DEV, you have a different directory structure, and you... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rediranch
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Region between lines

How can I find the regions between specific lines? I have a file which contains lines like this: chr1 0 17388 0 chr1 17388 17444 1 chr1 17444 17599 2 chr1 17599 17601 1 chr1 17601 569791 0 chr1 569791 569795 1 chr1 569795 569808 2 chr1 569808 569890 3 chr1 569890 570047 4 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: linseyr
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

overlapped genomic coordinates

Hi, I would like to know how can I get the ID of a feature if its genomic coordinates overlap the coordinates of another file. Example: Get the 4th column (ID) of this file1: chr1 10 100 gene1 chr2 3000 5000 gene2 chr3 200 1500 gene3 if it overlaps with a feature in this file2: chr2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fadista
1 Replies

6. AIX

Change lv REGION in HDISK1

Dears my rootvg is missed up i can not extend the /opt as soon as i try to extend the Filesystem its give me that there is not enough space . as there any way to change the REGION of the LVs in HDISK1 ? lspv -p hdisk0 hdisk0: PP RANGE STATE REGION LV NAME TYPE ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge left hand strings mapping to different right hand strings

Hello, I am working on an Urdu to Hindi dictionary which has the following structure: a=b a=c n=d n=q and so on. i.e. Headword separated from gloss by a = I am giving below a live sample بتا=बता بتا=बित्ता بتا=बुत्ता بتان=बतान بتان=बितान بتانا=बिताना I need the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
3 Replies

8. Programming

Perl script to merge cells in column1 which has same strings, for all sheets in a excel workbook

Perl script to merge cells ---------- Post updated at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:54 AM ---------- I am using below code to read files from a dir and print to excel. open(my $in, '<', $file) or die "Could not open file: $!"; my $rowCount = 0; my $colCount = 0;... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jack_Bruce
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge strings from a file into a template

I am preparing a morphological grammar of Marathi to be placed in open-source. I have two files. The first file called Adverbs contains a whole list of words, one word per line A sample is given below: आधी इतक इतपत उलट एवढ ऐवजी कड कडनं कडल कडील कडून कडे करता करिता खाल (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge strings with ignore case

I have a bi-lingual database of a large number of dictionaries. It so happens that in some a given string is in upper case and in others it is in lower case. An example will illustrate the issue. toll Tax=पथ-कर Toll tax=राहदारी कर toll tax=टोल I want to treat all three instances of toll tax... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
SIM2GFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							SIM2GFF(1)

NAME
sim2gff - Converts SIM file into GFF formatted records SYNOPSIS
sim2gff [-frxyHh] sim_file > gff_file DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the sim2gff command. sim2gff is a program written in Perl that converts SIM file into GFF formatted records (for use with gff2aplot and gff2javaplot). OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -f Output is written to a file named <sim_file>.gff. -r Interchange the order of sequences (Seq1 on y-axis, Seq2 on x-axis). -x <name> Specify the species name for species1 (default: "Seq1"). -y <name> Specify the species name for species2 (default: "Seq2"). -H Use the fasta file headers for species labels. EXIT STATUS
The following perl-like exit status are returned: 0 Error 1 Successful completion SEE ALSO
ali2gff(1), blat2gff(1), gff2aplot(1), parseblast(1). AUTHOR
sim2gff was written by Thomas Wiehe <twiehe@imb-jena.de>. This manual page was written by Nelson A. de Oliveira <naoliv@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:44:15 -0300 SIM2GFF(1)