Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Split file based on number of blank lines Post 302895573 by vbe on Tuesday 1st of April 2014 10:44:47 AM
Old 04-01-2014
Into 2 files, but what is supposed to be in each?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get an if statement to execute based on number of lines in a file?

I need to have an if statement in a script to run if there are certain processes running. Easiest way I can see to do this is to run a ps and grep the results based on what I am looking for: $ ps -ef | grep wtrs --- webtrend 5046 1 0 May 12 ? 0:28 /webtrends/versions/6.1/wtrs_ui... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File Based on Line Number Pattern

Hello all. Sorry, I know this question is similar to many others, but I just can seem to put together exactly what I need. My file is tab delimitted and contains approximately 1 million rows. I would like to send lines 1,4,& 7 to a file. Lines 2, 5, & 8 to a second file. Lines 3, 6, & 9 to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankster
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting help: Split a file into equal number of lines.

Experts, I have a file datafile.txt that consists of 1732 Line, I want to split the file into equal number of lines with 10 file. (The last file can have 2 line extra to match 1732) Please advise how to do that, Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split single file into multiple files based on the number in the column

Dear All, I would like to split a file of the following format into multiple files based on the number in the 6th column (numbers 1, 2, 3...): ATOM 1 N GLY A 1 -3.198 27.537 -5.958 1.00 0.00 N ATOM 2 CA GLY A 1 -2.199 28.399 -6.617 1.00 0.00 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomasl
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to split files based on number of lines

I am getting a few gzip files into a folder by doing ftp to another server. Once I get them I move them to another location .But before that I need to make sure each gzip is not more than 5000 lines and split it up . The files I get are anywhere from 500 lines to 10000 lines in them and is in gzip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split a csv file into specified number of files (not lines)

hi, i really need it ...it's not simple to explain but as it's part of a crontab i can't split the file manually...and the file can change every day so the lines are not a good base. example: how to split 1 csv file in 15 files? thank you very much regards :b: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 7stars
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to split the files based on the number of lines in it

Hello Friends, Can anyone help me for the below requirement. I am having a file called Input.txt. My requirement is first check the count that is wc -l input.txt If the result of the wc -l Input.txt is less than 10 then don't split the Input.txt file. Where as if Input.txt >= 10 the split... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaya kumar
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a file based on pattern line number?

Hi i have requirement like below M <form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... D ..... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... D ..... D ...... D ..... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM i want split file based on line number by finding... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar v
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File based on number of rows

Hi I have a requirement, where i will receive multiple files in a folder (say: /fol1/fol2/). There will be at least 14 to 16 files. The size of the files will different, some may be 80GB or 90GB, some may be less than 5 GB (and the size of the files are very unpredictable). But the names of the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpk_ds
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split file into multiple files based on empty lines

I am using below code to split files based on blank lines but it does not work. awk 'BEGIN{i=0}{RS="";}{x="F"++i;}{print > x;}' Your help would be highly appreciated find attachment of sample.txt file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imranrasheedamu
2 Replies
Dpkg::Vendor(3) 						   libdpkg-perl 						   Dpkg::Vendor(3)

NAME
Dpkg::Vendor - get access to some vendor specific information DESCRIPTION
The files in /etc/dpkg/origins/ can provide information about various vendors who are providing Debian packages. Currently those files look like this: Vendor: Debian Vendor-URL: http://www.debian.org/ Bugs: debbugs://bugs.debian.org The file should be named according to the vendor name. FUNCTIONS
$fields = Dpkg::Vendor::get_vendor_info($name) Returns a Dpkg::Control object with the information parsed from the corresponding vendor file in /etc/dpkg/origins/. If $name is omitted, it will use /etc/dpkg/origins/default which is supposed to be a symlink to the vendor of the currently installed operating system. Returns undef if there's no file for the given vendor. $name = Dpkg::Vendor::get_vendor_file($name) Check if there's a file for the given vendor and returns its name. $name = Dpkg::Vendor::get_current_vendor() Returns the name of the current vendor. If DEB_VENDOR is set, it uses that first, otherwise it falls back to parsing /etc/dpkg/origins/default. If that file doesn't exist, it returns undef. $object = Dpkg::Vendor::get_vendor_object($name) Return the Dpkg::Vendor::* object of the corresponding vendor. If $name is omitted, return the object of the current vendor. If no vendor can be identified, then return the Dpkg::Vendor::Default object. Dpkg::Vendor::run_vendor_hook($hookid, @params) Run a hook implemented by the current vendor object. 1.16.0.3 2012-04-17 Dpkg::Vendor(3)