Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell script from batch file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script from batch file Post 302895519 by zaxxon on Tuesday 1st of April 2014 07:16:22 AM
Old 04-01-2014
What about starting your work yourself? Do not hesitate when you encounter problems but do not think the people here do all the work for you.
It's a good training to get familiar with the basics of shell scripting which can't harm in your new job too.
Also there is nothing AIX specific so this thread is moved to the shell scripting area.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

batch command in a shell script

How do I execute a batch command from a script, which "waits" with the next command until the first one has finished? ======= A piece of my script looks like this: #!/bin/sh (...) # run a long batch job: ./run_calculation.sh # then rename resulting file: mv output.dat backup.dat (...) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivvo
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script.

Hi, When I run the below script in UNIX it's throwing syntax errors. Actually it's a windows batch script. Could anyone change the below Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script... Script: REM :: File Name : Refresh_OTL.bat REM :: Parameters : %1 - Region REM :: : %2 - Cube Type REM ::... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomailraj
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos batch script to execute unix shell script

Can anyone help me with a dos batch script to execute a shell script residing in an unix server. I am not able to use ssh. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion batch shell script

while converting batch file to shell script ...dis command is ther i dunno how to change...can anyone knws how to change into shell script rm !(D:\temp\XX.txt) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monisha
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting DOS Batch file to Shell Script

Hi, This is my DOS Batch file. @echo off echo "Program Name :" %0 rem echo "Next param :" %1 echo "Next param :" "Username/Password" echo "User Id :" %2 echo "User Name :" %3 echo "Request ID ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a shell script in remote server from windows batch file

Hi all, i need to run a shell script on remote server. I have created file .bat file in windows server with following code, c:\Users\Desktop\putty.exe -ssh -pw password user@server ./script.sh i need to run the script.sh in my remote server Above command is not working, any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch script to execute shell script in UNIX server

Hi team, My requirement is to transfer pdf files from windows machine to unix server and then from that unix server we should sftp to another server. I have completed the first part i.e From windows to using to unix server with the help of psftp.exe code: psftp user@host -pw password <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhupeshchavan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch to shell script conversion

Hi All, I have a small tool which is currently configured in batch scripts only. But my need is to run it on Linux platform, so I have been trying to convert a batch script to shell script. below is the batch script: @echo off IF "%1"== "" GOTO ARGERR REM UPDATE THESE PROPERTIES TO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Converting the following batch script to Linux shell

I am currently migrating to ubuntu from my windows system. Now I am learing to convert all my batch scripts into linux shell. Although the common commands are more or less similar, but I found it difficult for the following set of commands in windows cmd: setlocal :PROMPT SET /P... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: net.genere
2 Replies
UNSHAR(1)						      General Commands Manual							 UNSHAR(1)

NAME
unshar - unpack a shar file SYNOPSIS
unshar [ options ] [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Unshar scans mail messages looking for the start of a shell archive. It then passes the archive through a copy of the shell to unpack it. It will accept multiple files. If no files are given, standard input is used. OPTIONS
Options have a one letter version starting with - or a long version starting with --. The exception is --help and --version, which does not have a short version. --version Print the version number of the program on standard output, then immediately exits. --help Print a help summary on standard output, then immediately exits. -d DIRECTORY --directory=DIRECTORY Change directory to DIRECTORY before unpacking any files. -c --overwrite Passed as an option to the shar file. Many shell archive scripts (including those produced by `shar' 3.40 and newer) accepts a -c argument to indicate that existing files should be overwritten. -e --exit-0 This option exists mainly for people who collect many shell archives into a single mail folder. With this option, `unshar' isolates each different shell archive from the others which have been put in the same file, unpacking each in turn, from the beginning of the file towards its end. Its proper operation relies on the fact that many shar files are terminated by a `exit 0' at the beginning of a line. Option -e is internally equivalent to -E "exit 0". -E STRING --split-at=STRING This option works like -e, but it allows you to specify the string that separates archives if `exit 0' isn't appropriate. For example, noticing that most `.signatures' have a `--' on a line right before them, one can sometimes use `--split-at=--' for splitting shell archives which lack the `exit 0' line at end. The signature will then be skipped altogether with the headers of the following message. -f --force The same as -c. SEE ALSO
shar(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Any message from the shell may be displayed. AUTHORS
The shar and unshar programs is the collective work of many authors. Many people contributed by reporting problems, suggesting various improvements or submitting actual code. A list of these people is in the THANKS file in the sharutils distribution. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-utils@gnu.org>. Please put sharutils in the subject line. It helps to spot the message. September 10, 1995 UNSHAR(1)