Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find not finding stuff if run remotely Post 302895394 by Corona688 on Monday 31st of March 2014 03:44:24 PM
Old 03-31-2014
Check that you have passwordless sudo access for these machines. It might be trying to ask for a password, seeing no terminal, and giving up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding out how long a command takes to run

Hi I am trying to find out the best way to find out how long a command takes to run in miliseconds .. Is there such a way of doing this in Unix ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfoxwell
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find - finding files.

I understand that to find a type of file using command find I could do "find -type f -name \*.htm -print". However, I wish to find all files BUT *.htm. Can I negate the search somehow? Again, I have peeked into the man files etc... If anyone has an answer, Thanks in Advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsjf
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding your current run lvl

The title says it all really. I am writing a shell script for a Linux box, and I have recently run into a problem. I need to make sure I am at a certain run level first. Hence, the question. How can I find out what run level the box is currently running at? Is there a system variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scripting Newb
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exit from telnet when run Remotely

ssh user@host -q -n 'grep `hostname` /etc/hosts; telnet 10.100.23.45 1234;' When i run this command remotely it is hanging and not giving me the prompt, Can anyone tell me how can I exit a telnet command remotely please. Thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_nbk
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to avoid space to run remotely

If I run the following command remotely after ssh than it works fine su - oracle -c "/oracle/product/102/db/bin/dbshut" But If I run the following command it doesn't work su - oracle -c "/oracle/product/102/db/bin/lsnrctl stop" Because I think there is a space is present between lsnrctl and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhusmita
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed. run shell scipt remotely

Dear all , I have a script. this script called get.sh and can get some solaris infomation and save the result as result.tar.gz. the problem is : we have 12 servers. every time. I need to login 12 server and do the same job 12 times.:mad: master server ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinesefish
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

howto run remotely call function from within script

Hi I have the following script : #!/bin/ksh #################### Function macAddressFinder ######################## macAddressFinder() { `ifconfig -a > ipInterfaces` `cat ipInterfaces` } ####################################################################### # # print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a list of commands in a central location, and then run them all remotely through a ssh here

I'm trying to write a script that in the end will from one central location hop to a bunch of servers and then run a series of ping tests. The thing is, the list of devices that needs to be pinged is going to be different for each server. So what I want to do is be able to do is read through the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding the hardware model name remotely

First, forgive me if this is a stupid questions that I should have asked in the non-expert forum. It seems like a hard questions to me. Is there a way to find the hardware model name from the command line on UNIX machines in general? I want to find out what kind of machines are running at a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pug
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run yes/no script remotely

I have this script in server2 # cat /root/yesno.sh #!/bin/bash read -p "are you sure?" -n 1 -r if $ ]]; then echo "" echo "YES" else echo "NO" fi # sh /root/yesno.sh are you sure?y YES (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
5 Replies
dialups(4)							   File Formats 							dialups(4)

NAME
dialups - list of terminal devices requiring a dial-up password SYNOPSIS
/etc/dialups DESCRIPTION
dialups is an ASCII file which contains a list of terminal devices that require a dial-up password. A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct password must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. The set of ports that require a dial-up password are listed in the dialups file. Each entry in the dialups file is a single line of the form: terminal-device where terminal-device The full path name of the terminal device that will require a dial-up password for users accessing the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The dialups file should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample dialups file. Here is a sample dialups file: /dev/term/a /dev/term/b /dev/term/c FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords SEE ALSO
d_passwd(4) SunOS 5.10 4 May 1994 dialups(4)